• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP needs readjusting

DeletedUser11930

I believe that the pvp needs reasdjusting to stop all the idiots who plunder even tho you put out a defence in my opinion if you plunder you should forsake your pvp points that would be added or every player should just put 1 rogue in defence,
What is the point of defending when players from a higher age just plunder anyway either that or readdress the Great building and give the defenders an attack bonus being as attackers can have a defence bonus this is a major floor and no wonder the game is full of idiots.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Oh (trampled) deer. Combat system. Something criticized from the beginning of time. Okay, here's a rundown of my thoughts.

1) Plunder is a part of the game and is supplementary to attack. Why forsake PvP points when plundering? Sure it's annoying to lose your stuff, but suggesting that is pretty much identical to wishing your malefactors to just... die. And that's just outright wrong. You can't punish those who are playing the game how it's designed.

2) This experience teaches you interaction. I was plundered 11 times daily by players with 100%+ bonus to their army. It's absolutely insane, but after, say, 3 weeks since my old merge, the plunder rates dropped to 5, and a few weeks later (referencing from early September, 2012), 2 per day. That is because I sent them messages about the plunders. Some didn't listen, but I successfully negotiated through most of those.

3) Even with my old situation, 11 plunders per day, I lost such a negligible amount of rez. The most I lost were a few goods per day, but it's not too bad, because ultimately I use 3 goods producers.

4) Ya' didn't use ye' bloody template!

DeletedUser15432

I believe that the pvp needs reasdjusting to stop all the idiots who plunder even tho you put out a defence in my opinion if you plunder you should forsake your pvp points that would be added or every player should just put 1 rogue in defence,
What is the point of defending when players from a higher age just plunder anyway either that or readdress the Great building and give the defenders an attack bonus being as attackers can have a defence bonus this is a major floor and no wonder the game is full of idiots.

The attack and defence system is integral to the game and plundering is also part of the game - herein follows your history lesson - from time immemorial until the post WWII period, warrior nations have always plundered their foes, be it in the form of annual tribute as imposed by the egyptians, romans and many other ancient civilisations, acquisition of territories as practiced in the middle ages, subsidies and other penalties as per the napoleonic and 19th century wars, reparations as imposed at the end of WWI or partitioning as imposed in Germany and Austria after WWII

Secondly, you can not disparage other game players even in parting by calling them names

DeletedUser13805

if your getting mass plundered then chances are others in your hood are getting plundered to, simply send a message to all your hood ( copy and paste ) asking them to not put in a defence and putting in 2 spears and if enough of you do this it will make them stop plundering you : ) they would lose way to many points, so that would be my tip i have done it myself in the past and it works.
as for the war lecture from pzk : ) they also had death camps in the war and killed inocents etc how do we get them to include this type of thing in the game : )

Surge

Brigadier-General
as for the war lecture from pzk : ) they also had death camps in the war and killed inocents etc how do we get them to include this type of thing in the game : )

Probably because it's absolutely offensive to some people.

DeletedUser5180

A question to the OP......so if I plunder a neighbour who has a defence, (an action which is an integral part of the FoE gameplay) this makes me an idiot?

If you think that, then I suggest you either

1) learn to set your production times so you will be around to collect when they are ready,
2) stop whimpering as its only a few goods or coins etc and not life threatening or
3) play a game like sim city where you will not suffer the torment and anguish of losing a few virtual items every so often.

If you have tried to communicate with those plundering you and called them idiots then may I suggest that they will probably notify other players in your 'hood when your production is ready for collecting to let them know you are ripe for plundering, thus making your problem worse.

I suggest drop the name calling and treat other players with a bit more respect, then you are more likely to get some respect back. REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A GAME and as such, personal abuse towards other players, no matter if its on a small scale or not is totally uncalled for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

A question to the OP......so if I plunder a neighbour who has a defence, (an action which is an integral part of the FoE gameplay) this makes me an idiot?

If you think that, then I suggest you either

1) learn to set your production times so you will be around to collect when they are ready,
2) stop whimpering as its only a few goods or coins etc and not life threatening or
3) play a game like sim city where you will not suffer the torment and anguish of losing a few virtual items every so often.

If you have tried to communicate with those plundering you and called them idiots then may I suggest that they will probably notify other players in your 'hood when your production is ready for collecting to let them know you are ripe for plundering, thus making your problem worse.

I suggest drop the name calling and treat other players with a bit more respect, then you are more likely to get some respect back. REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A GAME and as such, personal abuse towards other players, no matter if its on a small scale or not is totally uncalled for.

you miss the point there is no respect for anyone who plunders how can you respect a thief ?

DeletedUser16026

you miss the point there is no respect for anyone who plunders how can you respect a thief ?

No one sneaks within a city from a window while the owner is sleeping and steals your stuff, everyone walks past the defenses on the front gate, so that would be conquering and pillaging not stealing.

The point of having a defense is to block off most players, you cannot have an undefeated kingdom. But removing your defenses, and everything within your city becomes available to all your neighbors, rather than just the few that are hitting you now.

DeletedUser13805

No one sneaks within a city from a window while the owner is sleeping and steals your stuff, everyone walks past the defenses on the front gate, so that would be conquering and pillaging not stealing.

The point of having a defense is to block off most players, you cannot have an undefeated kingdom. But removing your defenses, and everything within your city becomes available to all your neighbors, rather than just the few that are hitting you now.

i agree if u remove your defence it opens up the floodgates for anyone to plunder but most players dont plunder only a few people in each hood seem to enjoy plundering weak players as they know the weak players can not beat there defences, this leads to a huge feeling of anger in people who want to get there own back but can not so the only way they can is for all the weak players to get together in there hoods and remove there defences starving the so called mighty warriors of valuable points and ranking places

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
The plundering is a part of the game and is actually encouraged by the game management (we even get quests asking us to plunder)...Players are only doing it because its available in the game to do it.... I dont think there's any use in blaming or calling names to the players who are doing it ... At the maximum we can speak to them directly and request them to stop doing it to us ...it might work or may not work ... otherwise the best thing will be to change our style / timings of play ... If someone has a problem with the plundering issue they have to appeal to the game management itself directly to have that part of the game to be removed ...though i dont think they are going to do it ...

DeletedUser5180

firstly, i did get the OP's point.........he called players who plunder "idiots". My point was that to start such a thread was a lack of respect to ANY player who plunders. If a player committed some act of bullying or threatened another player then "idiot" would be a phrase i think would be acceptable to use but this is not the case here.

secondly, does plundering = thieving.? im not sure it is, it's more a reward for being victorious in battle if the victor wishes to take it. I have no problem getting plundered, its a part of the game

its interesting to note that the OP has not replied to any of the posts to his / her thread. Perhaps they realise they were kinda out of order.?

DeletedUser

Probably because it's absolutely offensive to some people.
Whale oil was offensive too

secondly, does plundering = thieving.? im not sure it is, it's more a reward for being victorious in battle if the victor wishes to take it.
really? REALLY? How about I slay everyone at some small village and get prizes for it? It's always thiefing! And getting reward for attacking with 10x stronger units is even more retarded, sorry..

DeletedUser5180

Whale oil was offensive too

really? REALLY? How about I slay everyone at some small village and get prizes for it? It's always thiefing! And getting reward for attacking with 10x stronger units is even more retarded, sorry..

slay everyone....?

c'mon and get a grip on reality here.

a player (yes, someone PLAYING a game) attacks a virtual neighbour. That neighbour has his virtual army totally healed after the virtual battle. the attacker can choose to plunder a few goods, coins or supplies. the neighbour suffers no RL harm or discomfort of any kind.

if you really, REALLY feel this is retarded, then this really REALLY is not the game for you, it is far too violent, with morals far beneath your high and mighty ideals, maybe go and lie down in a virtual darkened room until the nightmares of being virtually plundered have passed, the cold sweats, trembling and palpitations that were induced by a computer generated bloodthirsty attacking neighbour have gone and you can crawl over to the door and let yourself out into the safety of RL.