• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP Help

DeletedUser2482

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone know how the points are worked out for PVP battles? Like how even if you win every battle you are still way behind on points from other players? I know there must be a way of maximising points from each battle but haven't managed to work it out yet.

Cheers

Celticcraftz

DeletedUser1081

the points you get depend mainly on the troops you're opposing, and if your citizens are enthusiastic you get 20% more. then some is subtracted for every loss of health or death your army suffers.

winning those fights on the continent where you're opposing big scary-looking armies from more advanced ages than you're at gives you a few thousand points per battle. fighting neighbours who have impressive defense armies can too.

DeletedUser2896

I've seen if you have bronze age troops, fighting iron age troops and you win. You gain ~1100 points, rather then 200-300 points if it was bronze vs bronze!

Best going against bigger armies and winning! Try out different strategies, see what happens.

DeletedUser1081

it doesn't matter what units you have - winning against Iron Age troops gets you more points than winning against Bronze Age troops, no matter what your army consists of.

DeletedUser1032

Also, I think it's worth remembering that you don't get points just for killing a unit, but also for damaging a unit. So even if you loose the battle and end up with all your units dead, you still get points for damaging other units, even if they don't die.

DeletedUser3157

Hey. So does anyone have a more complete formula by now how PvP points work?

I'm especially interested if what you use for fighting effects the total pts gained in any way. Like any difference if I kill EMA armies with full BA or IA troops? And obviously what troop you kill gives how much pts and how/if your own losses effect the pts. Basically I'd like to know the whole formula lol or some basic estimates. I'm sure ppl who have had 500+ fights by now should have rather decent understanding(or tested it out) of it by now even if devs havent released the extact formulas :P

Thanks

DeletedUser1081

I'm especially interested if what you use for fighting effects the total pts gained in any way. Like any difference if I kill EMA armies with full BA or IA troops?

... there's a post just a few posts above yours that answers that one. :cool:

it doesn't matter what units you have - winning against Iron Age troops gets you more points than winning against Bronze Age troops, no matter what your army consists of.

the rest someone else will have to respond to - i get too giddy when i win a battle to analyze how the points work. i'm told it's calculated by hp, but i don't know the intricacies of it.

DeletedUser

Mink, a quick question if I may. Are there any plans or even any hints of the dev team thinking about implementing actual player vs player in any scenario as in actual 1v1, a player facing off against an actual player and not the ai in a tournament as opposed to the one with the most points wins? Or is this top secret? Or do you not know? Gahh...must...shed...blood. ;)

DeletedUser3157

... there's a post just a few posts above yours that answers that one. :cool

I have no idea how I missed that one. I guess I had multiple threads opened on the same issue and somehow missed it. Thanks

DeletedUser1081

Mink, a quick question if I may. Are there any plans or even any hints of the dev team thinking about implementing actual player vs player in any scenario as in actual 1v1, a player facing off against an actual player and not the ai in a tournament as opposed to the one with the most points wins? Or is this top secret? Or do you not know? Gahh...must...shed...blood. ;)

maybe this post from Blacksmith will help:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3871-Wonderful-Merger&p=28524#post28524

DeletedUser

What I find puzzling is that there are presently only 12 people in my PvP iron age tower, but 33 in my neighbourhood. Does this mean some peoploe do not have PvP tower (or maybe not Iron Age tower?). Secondly, is there a difference if I attack someone through PvP tower instead of attacking directly? Thirdly, wishing to adopt the chivalrous rather than the barbaric route I have made a point of not sacking any buildings when I win a fight, but the game seems to stop you from improving the buildings of the erson you attack- the only option is to sack. FDoes this wear off?

DeletedUser

Hi there :)
The PVP-towers are unlocked while you're conquering the map, and you can only fight in them if you use troops of the same age (so iron age troops for the iron age tower, etc - the unit of the highest age is decisive to which tower the points go).
It is possible that your neighbours haven't unlocked the iron tower yet, don't have iron age troops or don't fight at all ^^

You can get points in the towers by fighting on the map, or against your neighbours, and it doesn't matter if you attack them through the tower or directly via the neighbourhood bar. You can only attack a person once every 24 hours.

After you have attacked someone, you will get the plunder option. That you can see the polish option, is a bug and will be removed at the next update - also explains why it won't let you polish someone after you attacked him (and won) :).
It will wear off after 24 hours - then you can either attack again, or polish.

DeletedUser

The PVP-towers are unlocked while you're conquering the map, and you can only fight in them if you use troops of the same age (so iron age troops for the iron age tower, etc - the unit of the highest age is decisive to which tower the points go).
I'm in Iron Age now, but my Bronze Age tower is still "open" for me. So today I faced the top player in the Bronze Age tower ranking using a Bronze Age army (spearmen and slingers). To my surprise the defending army had both Bronze and Iron Age units (spears, soldiers and archers). Of course my army was stomped at the cost of having to renew it all. As he is also in the Iron Age stage, it seems his default defense army works both for Iron and Bronze towers. I've searching the forums and it seems it shouldn't happen. Should it be reported as a bug?

DeletedUser

No, that is how it should be.

The units of the attacking army decide where the points are going. You can put any units in your defence, but you will not get points for defending, as it's the AI defending for you, so these will not count towards the tower rankings.
If he's the top player in the bronze tower, he will have made his attacks there with bronze age units only as well :).

I tried that. Put a thrower in amongst my mounted archers and armoured whatevers in my attacking force, and guess what. I still don't show up in the Iron or Bronze Age towers.

DeletedUser

Madelina, it's the most advanced unit in your attacking army that determines towards which tower your points count. So if you use 3 Iron A and 5 EMA units, the points show in the EMA tower. If you use 7 Bronze A and 1 Iron A units the points from the battle win go to the Iron Tower. All points go to only one tower, there is no points split based on the composition of your attacking force.

Last edited by a moderator: