• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Not really, it's a feedback thread to collect feedback not to respond or provide us with feedback. You should be used to that by now.

Really? I must have missed that - lol.

I feel like we're all banging our heads against a wall here, but I'm not giving up because I don't want Inno to have an easy ride on this.

So today's gripe...

I have now fought the same hard opponent 32 times on the trot. I have not been attacked ever. I am still being offered ridiculously weak opponents (plus the poor soul who I keep attacking). This is the most utterly dull, tedious, unfair, unchallenging, pointless garbage that has ever been added to this once great game.

Feed that back!

Last edited:

bfc1001.1

Private
There is no point in fighting anymore

TBH I can see the merits of the game , the potential to be a real slow burner where you may spend some time " increasing your ranking " just the same way that you may spend time increasing GBs for long term benefit . Battles are a massive part of the game and inno are right in trying to nurture that side of the game ,it's just the application of said observation needs a little work .

1CCX

Private
How is it possible for a player in Tomorrow Era to have a defending army that is in Arctic Future Era? I just had a battle against an opponent in PVP that is in Tomorrow Era, but his defending Army was from Arctic Future Era
Also the CE player can have OF units :rolleyes:

1CCX

Private
He got something more than I did - I'm in VF cleared all maps including SAAB - not even a single troop - I must have played the quests wrong - lol
After the 4th OF part, the Inno have blocked that opportunity to possess higher units than your actually age

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Well, we're up to 26 pages of hate now - isn't it time for Mod or CM to come on and tell us how wrong we all are and how much love there is for the arena in never-never land?

Feedback can be negative or positive. It can not be "wrong".

1CCX

Private
@Praeceptor I understand your point but you can't say every time that the feedback is negative and the other things ... Also the walls know it the situation

Is anybody absolutely sure that our Active Battle Boosts are working in GbG?
I auto-bot all my battles and wouldn't know if or when they might have changed there.

I certainly didn't expect that they would change in PvA - but they did - I admit I don't read each update announcement - going over it as a lawyer would do.

We expect certain things to not be changed without good cause. And, no one who has been playing this game for many years would ever expect that kind of change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no one that can honestly call the elimination of the Active Battle Boosts fair & friendly customer service.

Al Beback

Private
I feel like we're all banging our heads against a wall here,
we are, beta is good for nothing more than getting to do the events before they are released now, they don't listen to the feedback as apparently the beta forum feedback doesn't match the "other" feedback they receive, there is still major issues with the new message center in beta, even with a server announcement yesterday that they know there is issues and they are working on it but it still is released live.
Hows the new PVP Arena going "oh a couple of people don't like it but overall we love it"... yeah not so many use the forums but live and beta, in personal and guild chats and on global chat its all the same, no one likes it or can work out why they would do this.
my guess is they are just going to let this carry on until everyone gets tired of complaining and they go away......

bfc1001.1

Private
I would say a limit of eras , maybe 2 either way for battles with the middle choice your era . It gives the battle player the chance to fight a stronger army and also sends the " I hate plundering " player on a guilt trip. A win win all round . I'd also recommend attacking armies only . If players want a %2000 defence bonus so they don't get plundered that's fine but I don't understand what that has got to do with PvP.

Powe

Brigadier-General
The special units you get from barracks you build in your city OR ...(maybe better!) >>> you can transform (example!) a Riffleman (Industrial Age ranged unit) into a ranger of that "special unit" for PvP Arena ... and so a SAAB ranged units that transformed into a special Arena ranged unit have the SAME abilities as that of the transformed Riffleman !
So I can build 8 archery ranges and have a huge army of these units?

Powe

Brigadier-General
have you read a word i wrote there? i wrote that for no reason? the only one who made a post without a reason is you bro, as your commenting actual feedback regarding Active Skills in PvP Arena as "no reason" while your giving 0 feedback in your post in a PvP Arena feedback thread! go bother somebody else troll!
And that was feedback? Are you trying to call me a troll when you are doing exactly the same thing?

Gobbi

Private
OK, this really,really is not working for me. I have a range of worlds across the en servers, from CE up to VF. Every single hard and many medium battles offered are against SAAB opposition with stupidly high defense bonus - some more than +2000. Now I understand the meaning of the word hard and difficult but nowhere can I find either word interpreted as meaning total impossible. Because of the immense power of "nails" and their ability to "hide", a SAAB defense can be difficult for even other SAAB attacking armies to beat. It really is totally impossible for either CE and FE armies, even with good attack bonus. Therefore I am generally reduced to the easy option which is often as low as colonial and totally boring. With my 12 allotted battles per day only racking up a maximum 600 points and losing points for unsuccessful defensive encounters, I am just slipping further down the rankings with each hour of competition. Sorry chaps but this makes the whole thing a total waste of time, effort and resources for me. I used to love the old PvP towers and watched my progress over several ages on each server very keenly. I always loved the frantic Sunday night competition to try to win a tower if I was close enough. I liked having to decide which age army to use where to finish as high as possible in multiple ages. It was a major source of motivation and enjoyment for me, and from the regular competition that I faced, clearly for many others as well. The fact is Inno, you have taken all that away and replaced it with something that only SAAB age players can win. There would be no point in my spending even a single diamond because with my game age troops I could still never beat a SAAB army which is what you seem to have deemed necessary. It is not as if the prize offered for P51 to P500 is even anything to get excited about and it is certainly not something worth spending diamonds for. Come to that P11 to P49 are not much better, not that I will ever be able to get there anyway - lol. Effectively what you have done is spoil the game for me. I now have to question whether I want to keep playing or not. I suspect probably not and have already deleted 2 cities since this started. Shame really, I have played this silly game for 9 years now and used to really enjoy it. This is just one more huge change for the worst I am sorry to say.

Knight of ICE

Good point - it can be negative or positive - perhaps not wrong, but often ignored.

It's never ignored. Giving feedback does not mean you will get the result you want. That does not mean it is ignored. It means the person/company you give feedback to appreciates your feedback, but does not see it like you.

Giving feedback also does not mean that the more you repeat it the more you are right and are likely to be heard. It does not give more meaning or power to the feedback if you repeat it 100 times. It remains the same feedback.

It's never ignored. Giving feedback does not mean you will get the result you want. That does not mean it is ignored. It means the person/company you give feedback to appreciates your feedback, but does not see it like you.
And, that's where the problem lies. If Inno wants us to say that we have enjoyed this travesty and we would be willing to spend diamonds (and real money to get them) foolishly, they won't have that luxury to such as the true feedback has been posted on not only 1 forum board, but 2. I'm sorry, but in these 2 areas, it would be that majority rules on this one: no one wants this and they want the fun back (in the form of restoring the old PVP towers and mechanics). And, we would be lying to ourselves if we said we welcome such boredom and waste.

Giving feedback also does not mean that the more you repeat it the more you are right and are likely to be heard. It does not give more meaning or power to the feedback if you repeat it 100 times. It remains the same feedback.
Sometimes, people would repeat it because it might get overlooked the first time around. It's not only one person saying the same thing but of others that are experiencing it as well. Why is it so hard for Inno to realize that this failure isn't what it is cracked up to be? Because we didn't go out in saying that it was good like this supposed source that remained a mystery and had invalidated the majority's responses (including those who were in beta)?

I've seen a lot of games fell just because of one little addition or modification that is a total game breaker. I've seen a lot of people quit to other games and took the masses with them. I've seen a lot of games having to shut down because the money's not there anymore.

Again, I don't want to be among everyone else in saying "I/we told you so". As they say, "you only have ONE job".

Knight of ICE

Just ask around - it's not the way most of us feel.

That does not mean it is ignored.

If I tell you that I think you will not have a bigger impact by repeating your negative feedback over and over again, I am giving you feedback. If you still continue by repeatingly giving negative feedback, cause you think that is the way to be heard, you did not ignore my feedback. You just did not agree with it.

Not taking into account the feedback from beta was risky enough, but the actions that you let loose in the main server have jeopardize the entire game by fooling with the integrity of the game namely the active boosts (it took great amounts of time to get these gb's leveled) - that most of us would never have imagined that would be removed - we wonder what comes next. It amazes me that this won't get addressed Immediately within the week. Don't talk about or try to convince us of anything - Get It Done!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.