• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

shareshark

Private
i have all the same concerns as everyone else, my question would be.....the Beta live first....what does it achieve, did they not give the same feed back or has Beta also become a graveyard of players

DeletedUser109721

Oh yeah lol, just checked, seeing hate there for the feature too.

Seriously making up positive feedback as an excuse really to push something that they spent so much time on it has to be in game now, as well as removing pvp towers, something they have to do since they spent so much dev time ruining the game.
Haha, yes ... but IF they created a fine PvP Arena that is :
1) FAIR for every player, no matter what age, this makes it ...
2) A real competitive PvP ...
3) scrapp this not working matchmaking system ... and ...
4) bring on a brand new 5 kind of units, special created for this PvP Arena, so for everyone the SAME kind of units = Fair
5) ALL attack & defense boosts for defending and for attackign army do NOT count, but ...
6) the most smart fighters will win most (= strategy involved, after all FoE is a STRATEGY game !! )
7) The REWARDs : are something to GO for, something you can ONLY get playing this PvP Arena : fragments of a Emissary (for in your Town Hall,once you've all the needed fragments) that give you each day something "special" (examples : 1 upgrade for a specific kind of unit to give it an extra skill or something - 1 or more tile pieces to change the landscape of the battleground a bit (right before the start of a battle) to you liking - .... ) ... and more kind of Emissaries, like a Smith who craft stronger armor and weapons for your units, something like that (giving some of the units more defense or more attack strength) ... if you can imagine it, why not go for that idea to work it out for the Arena ?
8) The special units you get from barracks you build in your city OR ...(maybe better!) >>> you can transform (example!) a Riffleman (Industrial Age ranged unit) into a ranger of that "special unit" for PvP Arena ... and so a SAAB ranged units that transformed into a special Arena ranged unit have the SAME abilities as that of the transformed Riffleman !

I'm sure more is possible, just some examples and suggestions I already wrote weeks ago on the beta forum, but all what the developers say is ..... (quiet) ... and all what the forum moderator said is : your feedback is of great value, is appreciated and we bring all this feedback to the devs ....
Hmmm .... they only "pick up" a few suggestions and implemented it in a not working matchmakign system ! (like going from 4 h to 2 hour for a next attempt, give possibility to buy way more attemps with diamonds and now also with medals ... increased the rewards, but they contain still o so "common" things ..... hey introcuded manual battle option .... ok, all, fine, but with the current matchmaking system, it's all done for NOTHING !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109721

i have all the same concerns as everyone else, my question would be.....the Beta live first....what does it achieve, did they not give the same feed back or has Beta also become a graveyard of players
I must honestly say that it's last weeks more and more very quiet on the beta server ! I'm afraid Inno Games already started to loose more and more beta players (me including, I get more and more a strong impulse to delete all what is beta, so city and beta forum account!) .... and I can strongly understand WHY ! All who reponded with the same feedback as I read here, are loosing interest in being a beta player .... it's very sad, but Inno is cutting their own life-lines through !!

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I seriously think that the in-house team with their end game, 'enhanced' cities really think they have found a gold egg laying goose, they just don't play the game the same way normal players do

Last edited by a moderator:

- Ellie -

Sergeant
is totally rubbish with rubbish rewards, it isn't even exciting, more like bore you to utter death, i'd sooner watch paint dry.. and that's just what i'm going to do...Inno, you're so out of touch... try making something that is at least balanced unlike certain unhinged minds, it is just somewhere the lunatics can waste money buying diamonds if they wish to gloat their ego's on global... what a load of old tosh... Inno, Total Fail...

My first observation was the rewards weren’t worth the effort - sort of on par with the daily tasks.
My second observation was the rewards didn’t increase much with a higher ranking.
Next was to get a high ranking you’d need to have a LOT of medals/diamonds To spare.
then on to the battles: I’m a PE player, so “hard“ battles against a SAAB Or close to it players are a non starter.
then by today “easy” battles are against OF era players - that is 7 eras ahead of me! That is totally useless. No reason to have this PvP feature at all, except maybe for the very top ranked players. But nothing in it for even middle ranked players. And forget newer players. As I read in other posts, this is a “total fail”

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Just did a manual battle against same age troops - no critical hit - however my AO is only level 78 (23% chance) - would have to do more battles to actually confirm.

However - if critical hit is not working in PvA against SAME AGE UNITS - it is a major bug that needs immediate ATTENSION!

you don't have to confirm it, you just have to read the actual Arena update announcement thread, its written there by Inno that Critical Hit, First Strike, and Missle Launch do not work in Arena, read the announcement! it's absolutely ridiculous!

I have just defeated in my hood the guy who holds Top 1 in my worlds Arena and has 2.5k def!
I can't touch him in the arena because he has 2.5k def, and my attackers do not have Crit and First Strike

Wulf13

Private
Can anyone tell me how battlepoints for the global ranking are now awarded?????
Any battle outside PvP now only shows "Victory" (what a joke) but no victory points are shown...are they somehow awarded????
Remove this nonsense and return to normal.......I don't think anyone ver asked for this crap....

DeletedUser109721

This I read on the info about the PvP Arena
( link : https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-arena.42774/#post-431915 )
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm in Early Middle Ages, will I have to fight against players in Space Age Asteroid Belt?
Rankings are based on Combat Points, so it is possible that you will face much higher eras until the rankings settle down.
Well .... WHEN will this ranking EVER settle down ?

I thought to have read Inno games make a few small changes on the matchmaking system for the EN life server ?
AND, another question : do you also make these small changes for the BETA playtesters ?

I read here exact the same as I've read and re-read over and over again on the beta forum for WEEKS : for the + 50 fight mostly too easy battles and for the + 100 and + 200 IMpossible opponents and after you win a few +50 (easy) fights, even that get from time to time IMpossible !!

And so the developers of Inno still get mysterious positive feedback ? How in the name will I ever believe that ?
... well, NEVER !!

KronikPillow

Sergeant
what positive feedback? on what forum is there positive feedback about any of Innos recent feature updates? real positive feedback? all I see is negative, negative, negative, negative, negative, in every single one of Inno update threads, in 2 years I haven't seen someone say this update is great! gj Inno! ...

we just have to face it, Inno ignores their players and thats it, people should stop funding their pockets and we should start searching for a community where players are respected

Status
Not open for further replies.