• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
A few curious questions came across my mind that I want to ask the EN community about:
How are you matched? Are you matched within your respective worlds? Or you matched across worlds?​

The beta server is just one world, one server.

In my main world where I am in SAAB I get offered opponents in middle ages.

In my other worlds, where I'm weaker I get offered SAM and SAAB battles where I cannot win.

The matching is still terrible.

Ev4ma

Captain
This is due to the way they designed matchmaking, its 100% based entirely on your pvp score. No other factor is included. So you end up with easier hard fights because that person has more score then the other one as they have done more tower. Even though they are the same age and have vastly different boosts. Its the fundamental problem of the entire tower.
I am against OF PE and Modern

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Would rather a few more levels being added to the Guild Expedition, it’s nice to win against higher opponents. I’m ranked around 810 in Noarsil but keep having SAAB players or OF and VF battles then a low Age opponent, I’m mixing it up with the FE players in the league table. Just the issues about our starting points we should all have started with 0 imo

Jouchka

Private
New feature sucks.
First of all it is again a feature (like GbG) that has benefits for those who live in America. It woul be much more fair to start these features at a random time.

Jouchka

Private
All improvements of PvP since the early years are just forgotten. We are still facing low age players again...
Seems we have to sacrify units in silly battles, to get every week some peanuts?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Surely matching should be like this...

Easy - Definite win.
Medium - Loss of some/many troops to win - Sometimes lose.
Hard - Mostly lose, but on rare occasions win with the loss of many troops.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Do we get also points for defenses, Or can I just add 1 rogue, to boycot this feature?

You do get points if you successfully defend.

Adding a rogue keeps you in - removing your defending army altogether removes you from the list (after a period of inactivity)

Do we get also points for defenses, Or can I just add 1 rogue, to boycot this feature?
If you're in a 200 spot when the attacker picks you to go against and you defended, you will get 240 points while the attacker loses only 200 for even clicking you. I am sure it's calculated in the 50 and 100 spots as well to some degree.

Feedback: While a lot of people are rightly focused on criticising the matching system and how it's majorly in favour of SAAB players, I want to add my perspective which is for a SAAB player with one of the top attack army bonus in my main world. I fought all the free attempts and bought a dozen or so with medals. I currently rank in the 40s and as I'm not spending diamonds on this or more than 13k medals per attempt, my ranking is only getting worse. At this point the competition measures NOTHING but how many attempts you bought. That's it! That's the only determining factor! Nothing else matters!

I have no interest in such a competition. I'm not completely offended by the feature the same way people who are being treated unfairly by the matching system are. I just think it's a huge missed opportunity to provide something as uninteresting when people were hoping for a proper PvP feature.

The fact that this is a completely pay to win competition isn't actually the worst part! What's worse is that the mechanics are really boring! The devs decided to copy the soccer event competition not realising that it's incredibly limited. Only 3 choices (while in reality you really have 1 or maybe 2 choices), with the points you can win already set, and very few battling opportunities, is a system that doesn't provide enough complexity for the competition to be interesting to ANYONE. Even if you take away the premium option and increase the rewards it'll still be uninteresting. It's just too simple without differentiating factors. Players need to think strategically and make decisions and live with the consequences, none of this is available here. Please inno consider moving away from this design altogether and go back to the drawing board to give us something with a degree of complexity, something interesting, even if the rewards are minimal.

Everybody who reads announcements or looks at it.
Seems not - since I get the newsletters and read the announcements. Plus we have been asking for a detailed explanation to which we are told it is not public knowledge. So maybe you could provide a link that does explain it properly? Still a rubbish and poorly conceived feature though ;)

I currently rank in the 40s and as I'm not spending diamonds on this or more than 13k medals per attempt, my ranking is only getting worse. At this point the competition measures NOTHING but how many attempts you bought. That's it! That's the only determining factor! Nothing else matters!
Guy in one of my threads says he's upto 21M medals a go!

Even if that's only half true its crazy

Guy in one of my threads says he's upto 21M medals a go!

Even if that's only half true its crazy
Yep it's completely unsustainable! You can only have a shot if you're buying attempts with diamonds. I only spent medals yesterday because I wanted to have a feel for how this works. This is a completely premium ranking system

Status
Not open for further replies.