• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ev4ma

Captain
Yes but since we are kind of doing the "BETA's" work, shouldn't some rewards or easier access to new Features - like today we got medals - be given to EN server aswell ?
Ok - Diamonds could be a dream, but why not easier access to new features for 1 week or month ?

With all my goodwill and kindship :)
FPs/medals please

PvA needs to be broken down into leagues like GbG - 5 different categories

Can't lump everybody into 1 single league as it is now - otherwise there is no competition - just the heavy weights steam rolling over everybody.
There has to be more than just the chests at the end - which most don't care about. it's about achieving some kind of rank advancement for the effort.

A guild puts in effort to go from copper league to silver & so on -- we need the same kind of challenge here

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
My personal gripe is - the developers with their SAAB enhanced cities, do not have the limitations that 85 - 95% of the players have

so my primary suggestion would be in it's current state the PvP arena is only available to players from VF upwards (and even then I may be wrong that may be too early, I am not that high)

Towers are reinstated for players below VF and battle points are shown in the victory pop up whatever era you are in, may not mean much to some but to others they are a source of pride,

for the towers they really could just count hood battles

the victory pop-up would show the points you received in GE, GbG and GvG but they would not count for the towers only towards your over all score

Knight of ICE

Yes but since we are kind of doing the "BETA's" work, shouldn't some rewards or easier access to new Features - like today we got medals - be given to EN server aswell ?
Ok - Diamonds could be a dream, but why not easier access to new features for 1 week or month ?

You have easier access to new features. You can experience the new PvP now. Not one of the other servers can.

Another issue just appeared - the same player showed up 3 time in a row.
Possible reason - they are strong - but a single troop for defense -- battle points can be denied and thereby ranking points for winning a battle - same as it was in old PvP ◄ my guess is that influences the 3 player selection list in some way

Maybe remove that by requiring all defenses to be current age troops & no rogues - a full set of 8

Another issue just appeared - the same player showed up 3 time in a row.
Possible reason - they are strong - but a single troop for defense -- battle points can be denied and thereby ranking points for winning a battle - same as it was in old PvP ◄ my guess is that influences the 3 player selection list in some way

Maybe remove that by requiring all defenses to be current age troops & no rogues - a full set of 8
Yes, a little strange to get matched with the same player several times in a row. :) Fix that somehow...

Greetings from another world, folks.

Through here, I have read what has already been said on the Beta forum by other players like yourselves. Perhaps this will trump the so-called "positive" review (on a non-existent source) that's been throwing around on both sides whilst making good players feel like complete fools (in the eyes of Inno).

Seems like the only difference between the Beta's startup and yours is that those in the EN server has gotten a points boost dependent on their age. That's the matchup fix? Wow! Seven weeks (or more now) and they come up with that.

"I told you so" is well within my grasp. Carry on.

r21r

Major-General
Seems like the only difference between the Beta's startup and yours is that those in the EN server has gotten a points boost dependent on their age. That's the matchup fix? Wow! Seven weeks (or more now) and they come up with that.
We also got extra tries with medals, idk how fast the settle between eras came on beta but i suppose it speeded up things to better
Not few players from my world, mostly diamond farmers, went in with 1.000 Diamonds, imagine how harder it would be both for them and for the rest people till the "opponents" are a little bit more balanced lol

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
part of why it is now running on EN and not the other servers is this is a larger community than the beta community so there is an opportunity for not only broader feedback, but the ability to gather data from a larger group of participants.

So now you're getting the same feedback as the "small" group on beta - does this mean you will listen this time?

When I say "you" I mean you and the rest of Inno - after all, you are paid by them.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Do you actually play the game? If so, can you please let me know how many fights will count to the BA tower. You can clear the map, of course. But once that's done where else can you go to fight? Utterly farcical
You claimed it wasn't usable at all. Do you even play the game?

We also got extra tries with medals
Yep, we got those, too. I have a live city on the US server and it hasn't arrived there. I'm afraid that after a month if Inno releases this travesty of a feature for all servers, similar backlashes will be met. I am hoping that with this feedback on this server's forum, along with the endless feedback on Beta, will get Inno to listen. Many players on Beta (whom of which have live server cities) had suggested many things to "improving" this; just like you folks have been doing.

Wonder if they will listen. One can hope but dream.

Powe

Brigadier-General
All the initiatives that FOE is launching are only to make more and more money, yes you can say one thing does not ruin it but this initiative is like the drop that makes it all flow over. You are obviously part of the system, because only they defend this machinations. So it only reinforces my desire to stop with this game I liked to fight with about the victories in PVP, but this is spoiled now.
"Obviously part of the system". Meanwhile, at the same time I'm arguing against moderators. How butthurt can you get?

I can't tell you that. It is our job to give the feedback. What the developers decide to do with is up to them. Feedback is one piece of what they use when they decide on features, items or other things to keep or not keep or to change. All we can do is keep providing the feedback from the players point of view. part of why it is now running on EN and not the other servers is this is a larger community than the beta community so there is an opportunity for not only broader feedback, but the ability to gather data from a larger group of participants.

Are you kidding us?

I wonder if they even understand how to apply statistical analysis of beta data.

If you had properly analyzed the feedback data from Beta there would have been no need to even send this off to the Live Server for additional data.

If a sample population is analyzed correctly; there is no need to publish, produce, or manufacture anything and "see" how the world will except it.

That is the whole point of "beta" testing - which here is improperly being applied.

Beta testing is for working out bugs; Sample population analysis is to determine how something will be received by the masses before releasing or even continuing to produce a particular product or service.

So in conclusion -- inno - You Must separate your "Beta" data into two categories.
1) technical testing.
2) feature reception

Stop being fools and using the Live server population for Feature Analysis

r21r

Major-General
Yep, we got those, too. I have a live city on the US server and it hasn't arrived there. I'm afraid that after a month if Inno releases this travesty of a feature for all servers, similar backlashes will be met. I am hoping that with this feedback on this server's forum, along with the endless feedback on Beta, will get Inno to listen. Many players on Beta (whom of which have live server cities) had suggested many things to "improving" this; just like you folks have been doing.

Wonder if they will listen. One can hope but dream.
They listen. but they either get too late for some reason, pretty much like the Battlegrounds Flags, or they need huge amounts of complains.

Anyway, i think that the removal of the Winning Points, caused a way bigger impact than the actual arena which can't be plundered, has -ok- kinda "meaningless" rewards for the SAAB players , at least thats what i read on the threads, and ofc, if 1 don't want to be part of it, you can quit the Arena.

I read some good posts, about making it like Battlegrounds, with Leagues, and i also think that as long as people can "quit" the Arena, a kind of plundering would make things interesting... But idk that could be just me !

Oh and by the way - fix the "Event Log" when your devs removed the tower part of the window the you forgot to re-center it. It should have been a calculation - not a wired in value - lol.

Compute: (Screen height - window height)/2 = the Top margin offset for displaying windows in the center of the screen.
Likewise compute: (Screen width - window width)/2 = left margin offset. (which in this case did not change)

What developer would wire in such values?

Sadly.the worst thing add in my 967 days of playing hopefully they fix the rewards and opponents I should never be aloud to attack someone 12 ages lower spaceships vs knights very poor choice

On a positive note: the reward chests have some nice chances for good stuff to sell in the Auction House - or for those that need them - stuff for their city.
Like the Daily Challenge stuff - so in a few weeks I'll have more goodies for the scrap dealers

r21r

Major-General
On a positive note: the reward chests have some nice chances for good stuff to sell in the Auction House - or for those that need them - stuff for their city.
Like the Daily Challenge stuff - so in a few weeks I'll have more goodies for the scrap dealers
still, they are kinda too low, but at least they can be gathered and opened all together.
and if the chests have no Era, saving them for when you advance the new era could help a bit with "new era goodies"

Status
Not open for further replies.