• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I am in CE 1st 4 fights of the day were ok had choices of PME, ME or future all very good, thought they had fixed the matching from beta it may have been because that we just after it opened, but now I have players from SAAB, Arctic or LMA to chose from,

picked the poor beggar in LMA and guess what I now have different players from SAAB and Arctic but the same poor beggar from LMA, I get love letters from my hood calling me a bully I smile, however tonight I FEEL like a bully and that is such a nasty feeling to be left with by a game you loved

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
How to kill a game in one foul swoop every player i know loved the competition of the towers been here for many many years this is the worst 'move' yet
The game is not completely killed - because there are a few players like myself who do not care in the least about PvP - joined this game to immerse in the City building idea - and that (so far as I can tell) has not been damaged yet.

Hans1968

Private
The game is not completely killed - because there are a few players like myself who do not care in the least about PvP - joined this game to immerse in the City building idea - and that (so far as I can tell) has not been damaged yet.
this also has been killed a very long time ago, as when we started playing you needed to build houses, goods buildings, military buildings and happiness buildings, now in these days with all the event buildings there are, a city doesn't look anything like a city anymore, only look at the bigger players on your world, and you will see what i mean

bfc1001.1

Private
How to kill a game in one foul swoop every player i know loved the competition of the towers been here for many many years this is the worst 'move' yet

I would agree . Towers as a league also gave you a general idea of how you we doing versus your peer players because ultimately that's the point of a league . Not doing so well ? I'd best stick at this age for a while . Constantly coming top two ? Time to move up an age . That information is now lost . In fact if you want to get good at the new league the best advice I can give is keep hammering your tech tree .

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
this also has been killed a very long time ago, as when we started playing you needed to build houses, goods buildings, military buildings and happiness buildings, now in these days with all the event buildings there are, a city doesn't look anything like a city anymore, only look at the bigger players on your world, and you will see what i mean

We do build standard buildings just to complete quests, but then we instantly delete them!

I'm surprised how passionate some players are about the old PvP. I never really cared about it at all. Never checked my rank in the towers. Maybe in the first few weeks when medals were hard to get. But rank points don't really mean anything to me. I don't feel a need to compare myself with other players. I can enjoy the game and make progress without striving to get on top of some rank list.
Well, each to their own, of course. I know there are a lot of point farmers out there. Pity, for sure, if PvP-lovers have lost a favorite part of the game

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
I'm surprised how passionate some players are about the old PvP. I never really cared about it at all. Never checked my rank in the towers. Maybe in the first few weeks when medals were hard to get. But rank points don't really mean anything to me. I don't feel a need to compare myself with other players. I can enjoy the game and make progress without striving to get on top of some rank list.
Well, each to their own, of course. I know there are a lot of point farmers out there. Pity, for sure, if PvP-lovers have lost a favorite part of the game
i started on december, and the old towers where always a reason to compete, even without serious meaning with similar eras..
i agree that points are nothing more than a personal achievement, or a point of comparison but old towers had their own fun impo.
silly or not :P

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I am in CE 1st 4 fights of the day were ok had choices of PME, ME or future all very good, thought they had fixed the matching from beta it may have been because that we just after it opened, but now I have players from SAAB, Arctic or LMA to chose from,

picked the poor beggar in LMA and guess what I now have different players from SAAB and Arctic but the same poor beggar from LMA, I get love letters from my hood calling me a bully I smile, however tonight I FEEL like a bully and that is such a nasty feeling to be left with by a game you loved
Honestly I wouldn't feel bad at all about murdering ANY early game player in this so-called PvP Tower, since there's no plunder mechanic attached to it...

Back in the day, the game really was about clubbing baby seals when the 'hoods themselves were a brutal mish-mash of everything from BA cities up to Future/Artic Future. ;)
Some may still try and claim play styles such as "camping" is evil, vile, bullying "cheating" by a bunch of basement dwelling trolls, but those claims are just butt-hurt, snowflake levels of pure BS... everyone has the same resources now & ability to climb to the top ranks of their 'hoods, if they can be half-bothered to simply put the work into it.

This new feature is absolutely a giant dumpster fire that's so beyond saving, even the fire department has giving up on dousing the ashes, but it's NOT harming in any way smaller/early game cities.
Every small city can still earn ludicrous amounts of 1-up kits/rogues/dias/fp's/etc... from just sticking to the staples every week in GE + GBG's, and slogging through the Cultural Settlements at one's own pace for better rewards.
"losing out" on a handful of medals/fp's and the odd rogue/1-up kit isn't breaking anyone's game.

The ONLY thing about this new system that has honestly rankled my own feathers, is no longer seeing the total victory pts we earn now after each fight. Please Inno, at least give us that feature back!!

GreatYarik

Private
I see Inno did put new PvP not accessible in IA which I have nothing against, whoever wants can play there, I will not. The sad part they removed towers which were nice way to compete in neighborhood and meaningful and encouraging and rewarding with medals especially for starting player. And I liked the design too. They replaced it with a tiny amount of resources. I started in new world couple weeks ago and I was at the top of both BA and IA towers last week. I know those few medals do not matter for longer time SAAB players who are designed to dominate new PvP, but they did matter for me.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i would urge all players like me who loved pvp to boycott this new game, dont play it if the players dont play it believe me inno will soon get the message pass it on to your guild and friends so the word gets out there to boycott it. if you wish lets have huge players protest

You can always check if your points and fightnumber in the global ranking changes.

The point being made is this - before we all knew what ever we got from a battle points we divided by 50 to see our ranking point increase and could check against that number. We no longer see our points from the battle so - we no longer can divide a number by 50 to check our ranking point increase!

Old version: 110,000 battle points ► ranking point increase 2200

The ability to do this is now gone:

Actual from new system (My numbers):
259,861,022 rank points, won battles:108,085
259,862,457 rank points, won battles:108,086

computed battle points: (259,862,457 - 259,861,022)*50 = 71,750
That was a battle for VF troops against FE troops
Computed battle points sounds about right.

What we want to see is the battle points without the need for us to do the computation

Last edited:

joestalin

Private
How does one optional feature with minor rewards ruin an entire game?
All the initiatives that FOE is launching are only to make more and more money, yes you can say one thing does not ruin it but this initiative is like the drop that makes it all flow over. You are obviously part of the system, because only they defend this machinations. So it only reinforces my desire to stop with this game I liked to fight with about the victories in PVP, but this is spoiled now.

Knight of ICE

The point being made is this - before we all knew what ever we go from a battle points we divided by 50 to see our ranking point increase and could check against that number. We no longer see our points from the battle so - we no longer can divide a number by 50 to check our ranking point increase!

Old version: 110,000 battle points ► ranking point increase 2200

The ability to do this is now gone:

Actual from new system (My numbers):
259,861,022 rank points, won battles:108,085
259,862,457 rank points, won battles:108,086

computed battle points: (259,862,457 - 259,861,022)*50 = 71,750
That was a battle for VF troops against FE troops
Computed battle points sounds about right.

What we want to see is the battle points without the need for us to do the computation

Thanks for the explanation. I already said I misunderstood. I thought it was about your points in the PvP ranking that pops up after a fight. I hadn't noticed you do not see the victory points after a fight. Never paid attention to that. To me, points and ranking are not relevant, but to those for who it is relevant I can see the frustration. Let's hope the devs will do something with the feedback.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Really dont think players would be as concerned if the hood league stats where available somewhere. Don't even think the medal rewards are the main thing being missed.

I hardly looked but seems to be the general thing being repeated over and over. People do like to see how they're doing against other players even if it did include gbg stats etc so they could be all over the place and wasn't really anything relating to the hood fights. Then players that want to do this pvp can do and players that dont can stick to normal hood pvp and ignore it.

I'm getting a lot more SAAB players show up now. Think earlier this morning it was just a case of less players had started to play pvp so it was throwing in everyone available which wasn't many.

Status
Not open for further replies.