• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Problem building Huts & Roads and expanding area.

DeletedUser446

I just started the game today. This is a follow up to an earlier posting titled "?? Game Basics", where I thought my issues were game limitations.
-
I had problems building my first Hut as there was a orange outline on most places along the path. I have not been able to build another one even though I have several hundred in both gold & supplies. I cannot find a location where the Hut outline is not orange.
-
I was only able to add one square for a path for quite some time/attempts. I finally found that there was one square avalible/green at the end of my new stub. Since then, I only have two green squares available, but they are along side an existing path and not where I want to expand.
-
I believe I also should be able to expand my buildable area, but again, nothing along my boundaries will turn green.
-
I have refreshed, cleared cache, rebooted. I have Windows 7, 64 bit pro & IE 9, running on Intel i5-2320 CPU @3.00GHz & 8.00 GB ram.

DeletedUser446

Is this linked to the tutuorial? Every time I have refreshed/rebooted, I get the same "Build a Hut" instructions/highlights. I have made progress in Research with 9 items open/unlocked.
__
I am using a different ID in the game, so please contact me for more info

DeletedUser

HM, you should give us a screenshot! This makes it easier to find out, what's really the problem...

DeletedUser

Hmm, maybe you need to move some buildings around:
Goto "Tools" (right next to the building menu), select move (the second icon from the left) and free some space
You could move everything including you capitol.
In the same menu you also find a $ sign, with this you could sell unwanted items / buildings

Then try to build again.
Expansions are some kind of reward in the game, you could unlock them by combat, pvp-tower, research and for diamonds

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser446

FoE-Building Bug.jpg

Can't build anything else

DeletedUser

Hm, hard to say what's really your problem :S If you can't do nothing just adress to the support. (right-click ingame than you see "Support")

DeletedUser446

CAn't move

I can't move my lone Hut or my village center as suggested. I am able to move the 2 path segments, but only to a limited amount of squares that are circled in the picture. The path segment was taken from the square marked with an X. It is highlighted in red/orange in a location I would prefer.
FOE Path Move.jpg

DeletedUser

Yeah I see your problem, the startingarea is all greyed out which causes that you can't build anything.
You need to wait for the dev's / support to get this fixed, maybe via rightclick ingame support

DeletedUser446

:D
Finally, things seem to be working....
1) Deleted only hut.
2) Built new hut in the same location (only location available).
3) Then got new instructions to build 2 path segments (able to do) and build a hunter (not enough people).
3.1) Had never received this message for path building before.
3.2) Tutorial for buiding Hut was now gone
4) Built 2 path segments in the location I wanted
6) Now entire area was available for building more Huts.