• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Priorities for AID button?

DeletedUser104233

When a friend or guild member uses the AID button, are there any priorities about which buildings get buffed? I have a huge amusement park that never gets polished any more, but I have a bunch of little decorations that always seem to be polished. Is it all just random?

DeletedUser15986

I have the same... I've stopped building decos where possible because my Amusement Park is (for all intents and purposes) the last thing that gets polished by aid - despite the fact it gives a huge amount of Happiness

Ostensibly the claim is that mot/pol is random with a weighting by descending age, though I'm pretty sure it's not strictly enforced that way as I've often ended up with a non-motivated PE King and a motivated CA one.

It was said at the time aid was introduced, and many times since, that decos should be ignored until there is nothing else left to polish. I don't care if I get an extra 300 Happiness from a Lichen Lamp if I have several thousand points sitting there on a premium cultural that happens to be a few ages old.

My personal opinion is that the Offered/Wanted Goods section in the user profile (where you can list three specific goods) would be better off being replaced by three option that say "Coins/Supplies/Polish" where you can set an preference for the order of aid. The Offered/Wanted bit is currently nigh-on useless, and the Aid teature is much more active.

DeletedUser12400

It's the same story. I'm in Modern Era and have 8 zeppelins and 1 natural history museum and none of then are polished. The highest priority should be cultural buildings from any era and then the rest. I wonder why have i spent over 5K diamonds on premium cultural buildings if they are ignored:?

DeletedUser1094

It's been that way for some time now. In my experience, AID does NOT polish cultural buildings anymore, they are only polished if done manually.

DeletedUser104233

Thanks for the explanation. They really need to change this so that the priority is size and not age.

DeletedUser16026

I believe the latest priority is:
1) Shrine of Knowledge, Oasis, and Tiger's Den.
2) All other buildings, going down by age.

Do note that there is currently an issue with Aid though (report found here). So atm when you're logged out polishing through aid is not working as intended.

DeletedUser4435

The priority is the age. If you have decos from TE and cultural building from PE, the AID will aid the buildings from TE until the PE is the only one left, then the next AID will P/M the PE building. I have 0 problems as I am in a TE and still have some cool old decos, they still get polished due to the fact that many players aid my city. The solution for you folks is to get in a guild, a guild whit healthy population and be in good terms whit your hood ;) Cheers and have a nice holidays.

Japphur

Private
Is this how it's actually happening though? My Shrines of Knowledge have been polished, but my Oasis (which is from Industrial Age) was not polished until after several (though not all) of my prog era urban trees, water towers and newspaper stands had been polished. My prog era city park and publishing house have been completely ignored!

I wonder if the bug talked about in https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/no-polishing-given-through-aid-button.30752/ has recurred, cuz I have been struggling to get to enthusiastic in the last couple of weeks!

DeletedUser106696

Is this how it's actually happening though? My Shrines of Knowledge have been polished, but my Oasis (which is from Industrial Age) was not polished until after several (though not all) of my prog era urban trees, water towers and newspaper stands had been polished. My prog era city park and publishing house have been completely ignored!

I wonder if the bug talked about in https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/no-polishing-given-through-aid-button.30752/ has recurred, cuz I have been struggling to get to enthusiastic in the last couple of weeks!

Well, get rid of all those water towers, trees, and other rubbish and place the largest single happy building you can fit instead... and suddenly a polish gives you an extra 1200 happy points instead of 50 :)