• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Previous Era Goods Buildings

-Jovian-

Private
How long do I need to keep goods buildings of previous eras?
I'm in Early Middle Age now and I still have requirement for my Bronze and Iron Age boosted goods.
I mean is there always a requirement for old goods, or can I demolish them sometime?

Matt999

Private
If you negotiate in GBG (or for daily quests), you need current + previous era. The tech tree requires 2 previous. Other than that, CMap needs a few eras behind but only if you choose to neg rather than attack. Tech tree is the only mandatory to progress... and sometimes daily quests.

You don't need to keep the goods buildings, as long as you've either built up a decent stock (a lot of people use CF for this), or have a supply from trading down (e.g. others in your guild have a lot of those goods and want the ones from your current age).

Matt999

Private
Chateau Frontenac - it is a Great Building that amplifies rewards from quests. Since many of the rewards are "5 goods" (which multiply to 25 when you have a reasonably high level CF), and many of the quests can just be skipped over (and the same "spend forge points" / "spend coins" quests come up), it is generally quicker to use this to generate goods. I haven't had a goods building in my city for a long time. Before I had that GB, I would always have current era goods buildings only and trade the goods down in the market / guild (which you need to plan a bit ahead for, because sometimes it can take time for them to get picked up).