• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"premium" neighborhood

• Thread starter DeletedUser2029
  • Start date

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
An option for diamond and top-ranked players to be moved to a completely new "elite" neighborhood

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
none

Reason:
discrepancy in total points gathered which is a consequence of game time (and/or money) invested. Heavy PvPers and very active (peaceful) players gather points more quickly, which (apparently) has a negative effect on activity of more casual players.

Details:
- create a 4th tab in rankings screen named "Premium"
- the purpose of this tab would be to allow players to apply for relocation
- two types of players should be allowed to use this option
a) free - top 5 players from any neighborhood, but only if his/hers points exceed certain percentage of his/hers neighborhood's average score (this number should be calculated in the moment of players application)
b) diamond - x amount of diamonds (200 - 500) for any player, no matter what his points are (perhaps under the condition he/she has reached EMA)
- creation of this "elite" or "premium" neighborhood should occur on every first monday of the month (simultaneous to normal merge)
- the deadline for application for relocation should be 24h before the merge and it should be visible to everyone who has applied to be relocated
- at least 30 players must apply for a new neighborhood to be created

Visual Aids:
don't believe any is needed

Balance:
except for additional coding that would allow this process, nothing substantially changes

Abuse Prevention:
since this is completely voluntary, I don't see the ability for abuse

Summary:
If you think you have outgrown your neighborhood, here's a fair opportunity to show your skills among the elite.

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea in my opinion, but I do have one question.

Why would it be optional?
Diamond and top ranked players don't really care about the neighbourhood they're in much, I guess? I think they're pretty content ruling over the others.
It's the lower ranked and casual players who would like to see them removed from their relaxed neighbourhoods I bet.

I think your point b) (example) needs to be raised a bit though, imo. There are very casual players who spend some bucks once or twice, gaining ~2000-6000 diamonds (€20-50).

Other than that, I like it.

- L

DeletedUser2029

@ Lodroth

thanks for your support.

1. I don't feel comfortable proposing something that would force anyone to do anything he/she doesn't want. hence optional.
2. I think that the diamond price should be low (or not so high to be unreachable for non-diamond players) because of the reasons you stated in your first paragraph, but all numbers (e.g. 40% was originally intended for free relocation) are subject for discussion (or to be left to Innogames marketing to decide)

DeletedUser4800

Why not, if it gets rid of them from my neighborhood I'm all for it.

DeletedUser3157

I know this not a very "good" idea and very unlikely to be implemented, but I'd like it just for selfish reasons(it would be fun for me). Thing is naberhoods DO grow apart too much. You can not keep up this mentality of never breaking up a naberhood and hope one day everything will be ok. Ok I quess you can, you've been fixiated on this "not break up naberhoods ever" thing all this time. But my point is is that it's a bad thing to be fixiated on. Everyone is unhappy. Lower ranked players tired of getting attacked/plundered by same names every day. Higher ranked players of running over the same poor little guys every day.

Besides as much as you'd think that with 40-80 random players, there would be enough random factor for all naberhoods to envolve roughly in similar manner and have the roughly similar percentages of players with similar gaming habbits, it really does not end up so well. I got towns on all 7 servers and see it every day. Some naberhoods do a lot worse in general than some others. And your naberhood is one of the biggest elements in this game determening in how you do in so multiple factors(mostly on your rank for bigger players, trading and whole gaming expirience for smaller players), yet it is decided by luck once you create town and you got a live with the hand you were dealt with your whole playing career. Even if that hand sucks.

There should be some sort of choice to DEFECT from your naberhood at very least. Get you assigned in a random naberhood which also fits your town parameters. Maybe doable once per month.

Or maybe every 3 months you do break up naberhoods. Problem with that would obviously be "how". It seems to me like devs want to keep naberhood "diverse" to a degree. So splitting them simply by rank and then merging higer and lower ends with each-other would be rather counter-productive for that. Also after about a year or so, it would eventually create these so sort "super-naberhoods" where all top ranked players would also be each-other nabers. I personally would love it though(would give max compeltition, you can directly go head to head against the best). Another way which might be more accepteble given the current game mentality would be simply shuffeling up naberhoods in complete random matter. Multiple naberhoods which have similar parameters(average activity, average points per player, age etc) simply get randomly shuffeled of all players every few months. Would be less boring gameplay for everyone.

tldr: suggesting naberhood defect option and great naberhood shuffle.

DeletedUser2029

Another way which might be more accepteble given the current game mentality would be simply shuffeling up naberhoods in complete random matter. Multiple naberhoods which have similar parameters(average activity, average points per player, age etc) simply get randomly shuffeled of all players every few months. Would be less boring gameplay for everyone.

I'd support this, but I think it's a little bit more difficult to implement than my idea and it doesn't really solve the problem of points gap.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I'd support this, but I think it's a little bit more difficult to implement than my idea and it doesn't really solve the problem of points gap.

I'm afraid the problem might be that currently points gap is not really seen as a "problem" by devs :P

(But it is, ofc)

DeletedUser7719

+1 from me, but this may take a very long time to implement

DeletedUser

yeah im all for creating elite Nhoods, im 1st in mine and there aint no competition noone attacks and when they do they retreat whats the point lol.. i want to lose battles not just on the map... and i want to leave the game a day and not battle and come back and im 100k behind on the pvp towers lol .... as you can see im all for elite NHoods get cracking with it lol..haha