• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Position on map

DeletedUser7719

:cool:Hey guys i just got here (don't take me lightly, I'm ranked 25 in my world):cool:

I tried searching for this, but did not find a quick result. How do the positions on map reflect to the position you set your army in? (I am NOT talking about speed) The only one i know is if you set the same units together the order would be (from the top): 5th,6th,4th,3rd,7th,1st,8th,2nd

DeletedUser

Hey byeordie, welcome to the Forums. :)

This has been discussed before actually. ;)
I think the verdict was that you can't set the position of your units on the field.
Someone speculated that:
=
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H

But I've tried that, and it's incorrect. Bottomline, I think the battlefield positions are random mostly. There might be some sense to it, but with the armies I've used, I couldn't figure it out.
As for your findings, I use 8 identical units a lot, and it still varies.

- L

DeletedUser1094

I think the battlefield positions are random mostly.
Can't be all random... if you use the same troops every time, they are placed identically each time.
When you add a few units at a time, to the army (no matter which), you can see how they might re-arrange according to which units are added. Somebody should try to crack that code...

DeletedUser3157

When fighting more difficult map fights when having a mix of 2 or more types of troops, I sometimes retreat if the positioning of the units on the map is really bad for my opening. Like lets say I'd have a mix of greatswords and longbows against a dragoon heavy but not all dragoon army and my unit placement doesn't allow me to hit with all 8 units or whatever, smth like that. If I attack right again, I get the same positioning. If i try to shuffle the troops but still pick the same units, I still get the same positioning. But if I fight some other battles with different units in between and return, the positioning of my men can get shuffled a bit and work for the better. Overall it seems rather random how it comes out, but that positioning and hence the order of movement stays the same and intact in consective battles as long as your army stays intact. Is that what you were asking about?

DeletedUser6965

Hi, I also tried alot some time ago...
hint is right.

So if u are not happy with the position of ur units, u have to retreat, shuffle ur units with some units from ur stock and then there are new positions.

I don't think there is sth. like a code, it's random. Tried out everything a long time.

DeletedUser7719

Retreating is not an option in pvp unless i want 2 lose useful points; (king dael u kno wat i mean *wink* *wink*). I'll play around with it more 2 c if i can get anywhere.
Btw, if you could send me the link for the other topic that would be great