• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Polynesia Cultural Settlement Discussion Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
This is a discussion thread for our newest Cultural Settlement: Polynesia! Read all about it here, and leave any comments below.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Any news on when this is going live ? Hopefully this will be better than the Mughal settlement, that was really poor, I did complete it but frankly hated it, the others all had bits I liked and small niggles but overall I enjoyed them, just hoping Polynesia is going to be even better gameplay wise

Nidwin

Sergeant
It looks beautiful. I'm also happy, past rumors, that settlements aren't dead and that we will continue to have new ones in the future. And thanks a lot for the improvement of the stats on the previous settlements main buildings and the emissaries. The emissaries boost is going to make it worth to open extra slots now.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I love the art work well dun.
The artwork is always stunning, on that almost everyone will agree. The style in which the game is drawn has always been one of it's best qualities.

Unfortunately, all the artwork in the world can't make it more fun to play if the mechanics are repetitive, nonsensical like destroy the whole settlement every time you need to research a tech, or ultimately boring because it is nothing but click and wait.

Nidwin

Sergeant
nonsensical like destroy the whole settlement every time you need to research a tech, or ultimately boring because it is nothing but click and wait.
It's actually something that I enjoyed a lot with the Mughal settlement while through each new run trying to find more efficient setups for the "happiness" to progress in the research tree. I don't go for ultimate setup, just one that suites my way of doing a settlement, but I do try to improve run after run.

Finding those little itsy things that makes every settlement different is also something that I like. Vikings and triple + road to chain your expansions horizontal and vertical way. Fast paced Japan. Slow starting Mughal with a fast ending and properly chain your "happiness" to the town hall. Aztecs and the RNG to unlock early extra expansions through the mini game with extremely annoying rocks making it, in my opinion, the most difficult for goods production buildings setup. Finished my first run through Egypt that has that fighting aspect for goods production while coins is less important.

I'm truly looking forward, once Egypt finished, to go through this new one and find again itsy bitsy stuff to improve run after run.

Thank you inno, for new settlement
Looks really nice, and always run to do them.
BUT time reward !!!!! 2x2 amazing 5 % attack !!!!!!! Your going to upgrade other events, about time, as in modern game, since free fights, settlements not worth space, so needed upgrades .....
Inno, look at time rewards !!!! Totally insulting rewards, certainly not worth having, so why have them !!!!

Havik79

Corporal
So where is the wrong info, if you click the read about it link in the OP the info there shows you get medals from the hut, but in game, it shows you get supplies.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I like this settlement, graphics especially good, I like the way the ship to the North of the island comes to the large bluff at the top left of the island and instead of passing behind it sails over it as if flying...clever guys these Polynesians !

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
The expansions are a bit too expensive:
5 or 5 or 5 or 5 of one good
15 or 5 or 5 or 5 of one good
30 or 15 or 5 or 5 of one good

EDIT: And next one is 50 or 30 or 5 or 5.
That's actually a bit cheaper than I expected.

Then:
60 or 50 or 15 or 5
65 or 60 or 30 or 5
70 or 65 or 50 or 15
75 or 70 or 60 or 30

Last edited: