• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Polish, Motivate or ?

Around three times a day I scroll through my 'friends ' list.
I always visit those that show an AID star and choose a building to motivate or polish.
What would happen if I just chose the AID button?E
Just wondering

The Aid button is way faster, and whatever algorithm they use to choose what building gets aided is reasonable. GBs and special buildings seem to get priority over residential buildings, supply buildings, cultural buildings, and decorations. Also, even if there are no buildings to aid, you still get the coin reward for aiding. I can't recall, but don't think you get it when you physically visit the town and choose a building. About the only reason I can see for spending the time on visits is to be able to choose the age of the building you want to aid, since that determines the age of the GB BP you get (on the off chance you actually get one). If I remember correctly, there's only about a 1%-2% chance of getting a BP, so you've got to be more than a little OCD to spend so much time on such a minor reward, IMHO.

Agent327

Overlord
The Aid button is way faster, and whatever algorithm they use to choose what building gets aided is reasonable. GBs and special buildings seem to get priority over residential buildings, supply buildings, cultural buildings, and decorations. Also, even if there are no buildings to aid, you still get the coin reward for aiding. I can't recall, but don't think you get it when you physically visit the town and choose a building. About the only reason I can see for spending the time on visits is to be able to choose the age of the building you want to aid, since that determines the age of the GB BP you get (on the off chance you actually get one). If I remember correctly, there's only about a 1%-2% chance of getting a BP, so you've got to be more than a little OCD to spend so much time on such a minor reward, IMHO.
Motivating GB's?????

Coins you always get. Priority is based on the number of fp's given by a building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motivating GB's?????

Coins you always get. Priority is based on the number of fp's given by a building.
Right you are. You can't motivate GBs. Sleep deprivation caused cerebral flatulence. :D My apologies. But you might want to move out of your glass house before throwing stones, dude. Priority is based on the number of fp's [sic] given by a building? Seriously? Since when do residential buildings, supply buildings, cultural buildings, and decorations give FPs? Hmmm ... let's see ... since about NEVER! :lol: So by your claim they would receive zero priority and therefore never be aided. Yet they somehow are.

Now about the coins. When you visit a player's city and there isn't a building you can polish or motivate, how is it possible to "always" get coins? This is an honest question; I'm not asking just to be a jerk. I could be wrong, because it's been years since I've manually motivated or polished, but I don't recall ever getting coins in that situation. Yet when I click the Aid button, I do get coins, even when I get a message saying there were no buildings in that city to motivate or polish. This is why I said you should always click the Aid button rather than motivating and polishing by hand. That seemed to be the point of the original question. If I made another mistake, I'm happy to apologize again. If you ignore my offer of peace and flame me again, you're welcome to the last word. I freely admit my intelligence is not as good as my intentions are. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
Right you are. You can't motivate GBs. Sleep deprivation caused cerebral flatulence. :D My apologies. But you might want to move out of your glass house before throwing stones, dude. Priority is based on the number of fp's [sic] given by a building? Seriously? Since when do residential buildings, supply buildings, cultural buildings, and decorations give FPs? Hmmm ... let's see ... since about NEVER! :lol: So by your claim they would receive zero priority and therefore never be aided. Yet they somehow are.
Indeed, the priority for those buildings is 0. If there are no buildings left with any priority, the game first determines whether it will motivate or polish a building (50% chance for either of those). After that a building is chosen that can be either motivated or polished, based on their age (higher age first).

Priority is given to special buildings based on what they will additionally produce when motivated. First it will motivate buildings which will produce forge points when motivated, ordered by the amount of forge points. Then goods, medals, blueprints and lastly guild power.

Leafbiter

Corporal
Also if you are aiding advanced players you can get BP's for higher ages than you are in. I'm in Modern but have 8 BP's of The Arc for example.