• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Polish and Motivation

Puablo

Corporal
Hi, I am sure that I have read something on this before, but can I find it!!!!!

When doing the rounds of P/M in either the 'hood, friends or guilds the following options occur:

a: You are able to polish or motivate your chosen person.
b: You are only able to polish or motivate parts of the chosen person. (In this instance, I mean that you can P/M some houses but not all or some factories but not all.
c: You are only allowed to either polish or motivate (this is caused by the other button being unobtainable).
d: You are unable to do either, even though the required 24 hours has elapsed.
e: Go back into d) after several hours and hey you can do any of a to c above.

I have just had a chat with a 'friend' who has thanked me for polishing a decoration, when I had no other option, and he has never come across my answer. So what is the official party line on this matter? From what I remember it was not noted as a bug, just a quirk of the game.

I have even managed to get 2 or 3 high profile players as friends, and when I go to their village all I can do is polish decorations, when really I could do with the build up for blueprints in their era by the act of P/M.

Is it me?

Puablo

DeletedUser7719

If you can only polish, it probably means that the person is inactive. All buildings can only be motivated once until they collect the production once it finishes, so once every building is motivated (and the person hasn't showed up to collect them), the only option is polish (a polish will last for only 12 hours on the other players city, so to keep one building polished the whole day, you would need 2 people who play 12 hours apart).
Sorry, I don't really understand b, d, or e.

DeletedUser

D just means everything has been motivated and polished

E just means a polish has come available. Unlike motivations, these go away every 12 hours, so you can still doe this for inactive people if you get there before someone else.

DeletedUser89825

Yes, that's the normal possible actions.

b: You are only able to polish or motivate parts of the chosen person. (In this instance, I mean that you can P/M some houses but not all or some factories but not all.
Yes, If other players have Polished/Motivated buildings, you are NOT able to Mot/Pol those.

c: You are only allowed to either polish or motivate (this is caused by the other button being unobtainable).
Yes, if all buildings are Motivated or Polished, the appropriate button is unclickable.

Yes, If all buildings are Motivated and Polished there's nothing for you to do and both buttons are unclickable.

Yes, the player has either collected from his city or a Polish-period has elapsed.

Hope the explanation helps...

DeletedUser

- you have the ability to polish your neighbours, guildmates and friends only

- if a building has already been motivated, you cannot motivate again until the person collects from that building. the same is for polishes, if a cultural building has been already polished you cannot polish it again untill it effect expires (it lasts 12 hours after a person who visits has polished that building)

- becaues of b. (being able to polish/motivate only once until the effect expires/person collects), sometimes a person will have ALL his/her buildings polished or motivated

- some top players need very little motivations, and sometimes they get fully motivated/pollished when you visit them. or they are inactive like beordie said, and they have had everything motivated/pollished due to many days of inactivity.

- see above

Edit: I got outrun there :-P

Puablo

Corporal
Thanks all for your replies. I have taken the answers on board, and waited and monitored since I posted. I would like to believe what you have all said, but I know it is not true.
I go to some people, and the same building is available everyday for a fortnight. (Strange). The person visits my village and very kindly returns the P/M action, so they can not be inactive.
Others, if I can't say polish anything. leave it a few hours, and try again. For period in excess of 24 hours there is no opportunity to polish. So, they are inactive, but hey they visit my village. One even attacks me!!!
If, these people are inactive, then move them to their own neighbourhood. Surely the 'prog guys' can see when people play or not, and after 7 days move sideways, 14 days move into own neighbourhood, 30 days freeze account. Just because they have got as far as they want, there are others of us who want to progress!
What do you think? Try your own checks on these people.
Please don't tell me to take a short walk ..... I am only trying to help - really!

DeletedUser

your observations don't mean anyone was wrong (no one was). You can only polish something twice a day. That means you could come back every minute for a little under 12 hours and not see anything to polish. It is not uncommon for people to have everything polished and you just have to get to that building before someone else does. I generally am running at 100% polished and it is pretty rare that I have more than one building be unpolished at a time.

As far as the same building being available, what kind of building is it? a 1 hr house? then yeah it is almost always going to be available if they are active. Or, you just are in sync with that polishable building's re-up time. No one said that things being available is a sign of inactivity. It is quite the opposite actually.

No one told you anything that was incorrect in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: