• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PME troops in PE. Tips?

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

I am just about to jump over to PE. Now, I've heard that some of the ME and PME story quests give troops of those eras as reward. But, what I also saw, is that story quests in ME and PME diverge quite a lot.
My question is:
Is there a catch (like specific PE technologies to remain unresearched or only one specific story quests path to be followed) that will surely lead me to those troops?

Cambyses II

Sergeant
You may find that you don't need to worry about the results of your Story Quests.
I entered PME, researched two techs and looked forward, as you do, to an interesting journey through the Story Quests.
My first PME Story Quest quest was 'Your Choice: truth or Dare'. Abort or play.
If you abort you go to the next quest 'End of Chapter'.
Tasks i) Research Squad Tactics
ii) Research Special Operations
Guess where these are in the tech tree? You've got right at the end of PME!
Lets not do that - lets play.
On completion you get the quest 'Peace movement'
Tasks i) Delete 10 PME units.
ii) Sell 4 PME Military Buildings.
A considerable task in both materials and time but hoping my next quest would be easier I stripped myself to complete 'Peace Movement' and with a sigh of relief moved on to the next quest.
Well waddyouknow 'End of Chapter'
So my experience of PM story quests is pretty limited - I'm stuck on 'End of Chapter until I complete the whole tech tree and then I will be in Contemporary Era.
Can't say I'm happy about it but I don't see how you can avoid this loop.
Suggestions please, it's too late for me but they may help some other poor soul from getting stuck!

DeletedUser113901

If you fight you get more and better units than if you trade. Also do not skip the "predator" PME side quest it will give you your first unit.

DeletedUser112892

If you fight you get more and better units than if you trade. Also do not skip the "predator" PME side quest it will give you your first unit.
So no negotiating any province. I gotta build up my attack boost more for PME provinces soon then.
Thabks for info :D