• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering / Graffiti

• Thread starter DeletedUser18785
  • Start date

DeletedUser18785

Proposal:
After winning a battle add in an option to 'vandalise' a cultural building. Vandalising a cultural building would reduce the amount of happiness the building provides.

Reason:
Quite often, there are no goods available for plundering after winning a battle and after being plundered by players who are far more advanced, this would provide a way of 'getting even'.

Details:
A vandalised cultural building would have it's happiness reduced by 50% (or some other percentage if this is deemed to high), A vandalised cultural building that is subsequently polished would have the vandalism removed. A player could click on their own vandalised building and pay a fee (small percentage of the buildings worth - say 1%) to remove the effect of the vandalism.

A polished building that is vandalised would remove the effect of polishing and the building would be available for other players to polish again.

A cultural building can only be vandalised once in a 12 hour period.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
I don't think that there would be a huge impact on other areas of the game but it would require pop-up options to be added to a players cultural buildings (to remove vandalism) and would require an extra option in the actions menu (on left hand side).

Abuse Prevention:
I don't think that this would provide any means for a player to cheat.
Possibly, to keep the game balanced, make the attacker pay something to vandalise a cultural building - a higher fee for a higher percentage of vandalism.

Summary:
The main details that would need to be considered are:
1. How much effect should vandalism have to a buildings happiness?
2. How much should the player have to pay to remove the vandalism himself?

Original Post:

How about adding another action of 'Graffiti' when you win a battle. This would half the happiness of a cultural building. It could time out after 12 hours or cancel out if someone polishes the building. If a building is already polished then graffiti would reduce the happiness to it's unpolished level and if it is graffiti-ed again it would be half of it's normal happiness amount. You wouldn't be able to graffiti a cultural building that has already been graffitied to half of it's normal happiness level.

If a building that has graffiti is polished then it would return to it's normal happiness level and be available for someone else to polish straight away.How about adding another action of 'Graffiti' when you win a battle. This would half the happiness of a cultural building. It could time out after 12 hours or cancel out if someone polishes the building. If a building is already polished then graffiti would reduce the happiness to it's unpolished level and if it is graffiti-ed again it would be half of it's normal happiness amount. You wouldn't be able to graffiti a cultural building that has already been graffitied to half of it's normal happiness level.

If a building that has graffiti is polished then it would return to it's normal happiness level and be available for someone else to polish straight away.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

It's not that I don't like the idea, but
1) there is no such thing as graffiti in the early ages
2) there's no benefit from the attacker from "Graffiti"
3) there is no template

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. I suppose he can call it vandalism or keep the name plundering and allow to ransack cultural buildings.
2. Additionally, unlike plundering several such attacks can cripple players economy and there is no defense against it.

so -1 to the suggestion as it is right now.

DeletedUser

+1

So long as the happiness can be put back after paying a nominal fee in coins or supplies I would support such an idea. If not then I would reject it due to the crippling effect it would have on pretty much everyone.

DeletedUser

-1 I don't think we need another negative action, plunder can be damaging enough

DeletedUser108435

HOW ABOUT WE STOP BIG GUYS PLUNDERING LITTLE GUYS. ALL OTHER GAMES KEEP PLAYERS OF THE SAME WEIGHT TOGETHER OR AT LEAST AFFORD HIM THE PROTECTION OF HIS GUILD. STORMFALL, TRIBAL WARS 2, WE ALL GET OUT CLAN'S OR LEAGUE'S PROTECTION. NOT THE CASE HERE. I SUGGEST INNOGAMES DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

DeletedUser96901

all other games you can lose everything (or almost)
- your city is now the city of someone else (in FoE: not possible to lose your city)
- your troops. you build month or years and then after one night you have none (in FoE your troops will always be healthy. no matter how many fights you lost)
- your ressources: not only from one single building. but all. (how about plundering your complete 100 million coins and supplies. and all of your goods: more than 10000)

so if we make this game like others lets start with the important points:
- defending units die. if a unit is dead that unit is dead. not healthy waiting for the next attacker
- be able to plunder everything
- conquer other cities

and then we can introduce that other (your guild or friends) can help you defending your city