• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Players forced to donate FP

DeletedUser8994

I am sorry Lodroth but I cannot agree with most of what you have typed. In fact I think most of it is inconsiderate to new players. A senior moderator should be trying to encourage all players, and not just the one's with 200,000 point's. Of course its a threat to a player with not much defence to offer, and trying to progress in the game, if someone wants their research point's for their own G/B.
Please refer to the original post by Pikussa.
I am not worried about myself, I can cope with some loss, I have plenty of stock. However other's are not so fortunate.
As for your last point "Whether they'll be able to plunder you depends on yourself, not on them.
If they come across your town and there's a fat sack of goods idly sitting there, you can hardly blame them for grabbing it." Well that is just insulting to a player with only a 1000 point's.
Your's
Mimzy

DeletedUser

Hey Mimzy,

I do try to encourage all the players, by telling them to be active and collect their resources in time. :)
But I'm not PvP biased. I've lately been doing it since I'm in the CA and there hasn't been much to do, but I'm not particularly good at it.
You can find several threads where I'm referred to or referring to myself as a Farmer rather than a Fighter. Its just that I encourage all players, even the Fighters. ;)

Long before I even became a mod I created this idea, and I still stand by what I wrote then and there: Newby Plundering Thresholds
But there is a difference between that, and defending a player who (constantly) does not collect their resources in time and then gets angry if it gets snatched.

I have trouble understanding your last statement, though.
Why is it insulting to a player with less points (don't see how that matters), if I paraphrased "Just collect in time and they won't have anything to plunder".
If anything, the early stage players are more active than the later stage players, because everything goes faster. This game mechanic in itself is already a help to newbies to collect their resources in time (before plunder can even occur).

- L

DeletedUser8813

well this just turned into another i hate the pvper thread.
i agree saying you wont attack if they donate forge points is a low act,but it is not enforceable so not really a threat.
pvpers are not bullies we fight for medals and xp points.
plunder only happens because your production strategy is wrong.
players who attack are using every part of the game and enjoying it,just because you don't like that part of the game don't make it wrong.
you lose nothing in defense unless you leave stuff laying about ,then that is your own fault you are plundered,your production strategy is wrong.
and as others have said offer no defense is just an open invitation to plunderers.
me i rarely plunder after an attack,but those with no defense get plundered

DeletedUser

I am still far of the Age of Enlightenment, but I have learned a few things since my last post.

That is not entirely true. You can have the perfect production/military strategy and still due to the way neighborhood work you might find yourself helpless.

Moreover, due to the way ranking works soon you'll be farmed by those with more time on their hands and eventually you'll be deliberately targeted, because the other players want you to leave, so that their neighborhood can merge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am still far of the Age of Enlightenment, but I have learned a few things since my last post.
That is not entirely true. You can have the perfect production/military strategy and still due to the way neighborhood work you might find yourself helpless.

Moreover, due to the way ranking works soon you'll be farmed by those with more time on their hands and eventually you'll be deliberately targeted, because the other players want you to leave, so that their neighborhood can merge.

There is a HUGE difference between being attacked and being plundered - just because someone attacks you does not mean you have to allow them to plunder.

If you are attacked you might find you are helpless... as the attacker can: be of a higher age; have better great buildings; be more skilled than the AI; or, not care about the losses they take.

But if you are plundered, you are never helpless. If you leave your goods/coins/supplies lying around for minutes/hours then they can be plundered since any defence can be broken through by the right attacker but if you are online when your production completes you can collect it that second then it will never get plundered.

The morals of the story:
  • Being attacked does not hurt you.
  • If you don't collect your goods promptly you can expect a certain amount to be lost to plunderers.
  • If you do collect promptly then you can expect to lose nothing.

DeletedUser

You are wrong. What you suggest is basic rule of the thumb under normal circumstances and is a sound advice for beginners. However, eventually its just pure BS, neighborhoods don't scale up, so in the end your only fault would be being stuck with people who have more time than you and whose path for advancement is through you. Sure you can prevent being plundered, but at this point its already a game over and you are on a pick up chore spiral, with no leave to have life/work.

DeletedUser

You are wrong. What you suggest is basic rule of the thumb under normal circumstances and is a sound advice for beginners. However, eventually its just pure BS, neighborhoods don't scale up, so in the end your only fault would be being stuck with people who have more time than you and whose path for advancement is through you. Sure you can prevent being plundered, but at this point its already a game over and you are on a pick up chore spiral, with no leave to have life/work.

You miss the point.

• Being attacked does nothing to hurt you.
  • You can time everything so you are online when resources become ready and can collect things the second they are so you never lose anything and so you cannot be plundered. If you can't manage an 8-hour production without it being plundered then look at whether it would be more profitable to do 24-hour production when you know you can be online to collect it.
  • Points in this game are an ego trip - yes if you want a high ranking you need to be active (but 24/7 is not necessary) but you can have everything a top ranking player (with 500,000 score) has if you only have a fraction of that score (say 70,000 score). The difference in score is just down to the high ranking player getting score for winning battles and apart from maybe a few more medals (which is easily compensated for with Colosseum & Deal Castle) they have the same options available.

If all you want to do is chase rank then I can see how you feel this way but this topic is about being plundered (or not being plundered via a protection racket of donating FP) - and that is easy to prevent if you time your collections (and that is not BS as you control when you are online not the people who attack you).

DeletedUser

No you miss the point, this is not a discussion of game mechanics in general(I pvp and I like it) but overlook of the game from a perspective of someone like in the OP. I am annoyed by all the people who feel the need to defend pvp(even though no one attacking it), providing basic strategy and basically blaming the players for being stupid. In light of the volume of issues being floated on the forums, I find this less than constructive and only leading to your fellow players abandoning the game.

Also it's not about prevention of being plundered, it's about enjoying your game and when there is no room for some gambling or wining yourself, just plain routine of supplies pick up(something like this) its a problem and its not one of your making.

DeletedUser4906

I don't think there is a thing as bullies in this game, not in regards to game play at least.
Personally I think it borders close to bullying by labeling players who are merely active in PvP as bullies.

They are using a feature readily available to everyone in the game and happen to be better at it than others or use it in a more aggressive playing style than others.
This does not make them bullies. It makes them PvP-ers. A style of playing offered within the game that they decided to take up.

It is hardly considered a 'threat' or 'blackmail' if someone asks you to donate to his GBs in return for no attacks and/or plunders.
They have no power over that, so it's not a threat they can make. At the very most it's a deal or offer.

Whether they'll be able to plunder you depends on yourself, not on them.
If they come across your town and there's a fat sack of goods idly sitting there, you can hardly blame them for grabbing it.

- L

What a perfectly reasoned answer, says it all...........Nuff said!

DeletedUser

i'm a bully. why?

i used to motivate and polish everybody, every day. friends, guildies, neighbours, the lot. makes me feel good about helping people, i get a kick out of it.

several weeks ago, i happened to wonder what i was getting back in return, i was actually trying to figure out how active the guild was and whether a cull of inactives might stimulate things. i was wrong but for the wrong reasons. they weren't inactives, they were freeloaders.

i was actually getting more motivates and polishes from my neighbourhood and friends, than from my guild. those who weren't motivating me in return were still gaining points and constructing. so i'm being taken for a mug here?

in the spirit of being a good guildie, i've carried on mot/pol'ing guildies. but that might change.

i like to help out neighbours too and all my "old" neighbours often or occasionally drop in to mol/pol me or donate FP's ( [you're an awesome lot, love you all] ), but now my policy has changed towards the freeloaders.

i fight them. i plunder them out of sheer spite. i will check back until something juicy turns up to loot. i don't need what i plunder, it's peanuts to me. this is revenge for not being considerate to me when i put myself out repeatedly for them.

am i just being petty and vindictive? am i a bully because i get miffed about not having 5 seconds of attention once or twice a week? am i being an emotional cow about this?

maybe it was a mistake reading this thread after all.

tracey
carrot and stick

DeletedUser

I attack and plunder everyone, I actually had people coming to me offering the FP deal, as long as they donate it's worthwhile skipping them in the plundering rounds, otherwise they fair game. As far as extortion ... come on guys .. it's just a game.

DeletedUser8994

What a perfectly reasoned answer, says it all...........Nuff said!

Agreed, just get your goods when they are ready

i'm a bully. why?

i used to motivate and polish everybody, every day. friends, guildies, neighbours, the lot. makes me feel good about helping people, i get a kick out of it.

several weeks ago, i happened to wonder what i was getting back in return, i was actually trying to figure out how active the guild was and whether a cull of inactives might stimulate things. i was wrong but for the wrong reasons. they weren't inactives, they were freeloaders.

i was actually getting more motivates and polishes from my neighbourhood and friends, than from my guild. those who weren't motivating me in return were still gaining points and constructing. so i'm being taken for a mug here?

in the spirit of being a good guildie, i've carried on mot/pol'ing guildies. but that might change.

i like to help out neighbours too and all my "old" neighbours often or occasionally drop in to mol/pol me or donate FP's ( [you're an awesome lot, love you all] ), but now my policy has changed towards the freeloaders.

i fight them. i plunder them out of sheer spite. i will check back until something juicy turns up to loot. i don't need what i plunder, it's peanuts to me. this is revenge for not being considerate to me when i put myself out repeatedly for them.

am i just being petty and vindictive? am i a bully because i get miffed about not having 5 seconds of attention once or twice a week? am i being an emotional cow about this?

maybe it was a mistake reading this thread after all.

tracey
carrot and stick
I know how you feel. However, I still wont plunder out of spite (its a negative attitude). Personally I only plunder those that leave no defence. That does miff me off.
All the best