• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Players forced to donate FP

DeletedUser15142

Hello!

Please be advised that some of my friends are being frequently forced by stronger members to contribute with forge points, polish and motivate his cities. This is really a bad behavior and as are asking to donate or they will plunder your city every day.

I suggest to ban those members.

Please let me know what the support can do for help?

Thank you.

DeletedUser

It is not possible to 'force' someone to donate/polish/motivate. If someone tells you: "Donate or be plundered", he is giving you a choice. You can accept the offer or decline it, depending on what is more valuable to you. Plundering is a part of the game, it is completely 'legal'. You can't ban someone because of constant plundering.

DeletedUser8994

It is bad behaviour and its not fair. However, there is always going to be a bully, be it at school or in this game. The best you can do, or should I say what I would do is tell them to leave me alone. Try to be there when your goods are ready to come out. P/M or giving F/P's is only helping them.
All the best
Mimzy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is allowed since it is an in game mechanic. If someone is harassed with other kinds of threats, or abusive language, that isn't allowed and should be reported.

That being said, I wouldn't reccomend that anyone take someone up on one of these "offers". Being plundered can set you back a bit. But losing forge points can set you back much more. And you have things you can do to prevent plundering.

DeletedUser8994

Hi Taeriyn, What can a person do to stop being plundered by a bully, basically? The AI defence is well not very good, as everyone know's.

DeletedUser

Hey Mimzy,

The AI is indeed not doing a great job in defending your town (and that is putting it lightly). ;)
For me, the goal is not to aim to win from the attacker, and be disappointed every time, but to manage to create a good enough army that can inflict the most damage, so that next time the attacker will think twice before having another go and losing some expensive units, not to mention the (accumulated) building time.

Of course, having an offensive Great Building has made it even more difficult to defend your town. The best you can do is set your production times to be ready when you can immediately collect. It is also important to change your pattern frequently, so that the attacker cannot predict when your goods will be ready. :)

DeletedUser8994

Thanks LadyMedea. However, I wasn't thinking about myself, I was thinking about the original post. If he/she is a new player and getting bullied, there is no way for them to defend themselves. I suggested being there when the goods are ready, that is what I do. I also like you said, change my times.

DeletedUser

Hi Taeriyn, What can a person do to stop being plundered by a bully, basically? The AI defence is well not very good, as everyone know's.
First, it is important to understand that the defending troops do not take losses or retain damage incurred during the battle. The AI state doesn't matter, because you are not trying to win, but to punish the attacker as much as you can i.e. troops = resources, if he loose enough of them whatever he plunder might not be worthwhile to him and he move to an easier target...

In my limited experience, plundering resources is usually not worthwhile(goods its another matter), both you can avoid if you plan your production i.e. it should finish by the time you log in, this way after the attacker lost several troops he finds few coins not worth his trouble.

EDIT: p.s. plunder is not always the goal. for example I attacked for the tower ranking... nothing personal.

DeletedUser3157

a) Contact everyone in your naberhood who could possibly interested in your agenda and has the armies needed for it personally. Be careful in appoaching them to avoid possible leaks that could inform the target.
b) Create a group chat with those members where you share target player defense and goods production information so everyone would always be up to date and know when to strike in plunders
c) Attack him/her every day on organized fashion, ensure others in ur hood and group do this as well, and share the information within your group to quarantee best efficency in regards to plunders and using the most effective counter units for his/her defense.
d) Keep this up for months and have a good time

Or u can just msg him asking to stop. Players with more wits sooner or later will start using plunder as weapon instead to encourage either defenses that quarantee good PvP points gain or polish/motivate. I mean if he is a top player, he will be more interested in PvP points as goods one can take care of naturally. So depending on how intelligent he appears, I could perhaps even threaten him/her with not leaving any defense till he stops plundering(smart player would not want that).

DeletedUser

There are several types of 'bullies'. There are those who fight for loot: they use plundering as a substitute for in-town resource production. They seek weak targets. Use strong defensive army to keep them away. Don't try to win - it's impossible. Try to inflict as much damage as possible.

The other type is the players who focus mostly on military actions and attack everyone to increase their gamepoints. Usually they attack everyone no matter what the defensive army is. But, they have unbalanced cities that suffer from excessive military buildings. With time, they fall behind more balanced players because they can't produce enough resources to advance. Hold on and they will quit. Use strong army to wear off their resources.

Finally, there are 'bullies' who play balanced game and produce enough resources to advance in tech and to fight everyone. They are the strongest players in the game. There is nothing you can do to stop them. There is only one solution: if you can't beat a bully - become his ally. Negotiate a treaty. Propose something you can do (M/P daily, donate 1FP/day (it's not a big deal and you'll need BP anyway), keep battlepoint-rich defense, ...). Ask something in return in addition to no-plundering (goods trade on request, protection from other bullies, ...). Since a 'bully' and a 'victim' are players of different levels, you can always find a mutually-beneficial agreement - what is important to one of you, isn't that important to the other side.

DeletedUser8994

Hi Ggryvi, that is a very good and well thought out answer. Thanks

DeletedUser

Finally, there are 'bullies' who play balanced game and produce enough resources to advance in tech and to fight everyone. They are the strongest players in the game. There is nothing you can do to stop them. There is only one solution: if you can't beat a bully - become his ally. Negotiate a treaty. Propose something you can do (M/P daily, donate 1FP/day (it's not a big deal and you'll need BP anyway), keep battlepoint-rich defense, ...). Ask something in return in addition to no-plundering (goods trade on request, protection from other bullies, ...). Since a 'bully' and a 'victim' are players of different levels, you can always find a mutually-beneficial agreement - what is important to one of you, isn't that important to the other side.
I strongly disagree with any suggestion that you should pay protection in form of FP. Also you better join a rival guild than be protected by someone who bullied you.

Besides there is always something you can do, if he doesn't care about loosing some resources, he is probably after tower ranks. I would put minimal defense and let him waste his time for minimal score. Also if you log in frequently, make sure to use the smaller more efficient buildings and short production cycles, this will reduce the amount of loot he can get away with.

Overall If he want protection money let him work for it and make sure he gets only crumbs.

DeletedUser3157

In most of the naberhoods I am in, players who choose it as strategy to not keep any defense are well known all around and despised/plundered many times harder than others for using such a low strategy. I myself normally do not plunder post attacks, but seeing no defense upon attacking, I automaticly see it as open invitatation/permission to plunder as hard as I can, as obv the player is open to this kind of game by choosing it personally and willingly. According to unwritten PvP rules commonly accpected nowadays, no defense on purpouse means one is open to the game of plundering and one can give it a free go at without feeling any bad. So unless you are top active knowing u can always collect upon login, I wouldn't recommend this strategy to any new players.

DeletedUser

I strongly disagree with any suggestion that you should pay protection in form of FP. Also you better join a rival guild than be protected by someone who bullied you.

Besides there is always something you can do, if he doesn't care about loosing some resources, he is probably after tower ranks. I would put minimal defense and let him waste his time for minimal score. Also if you log in frequently, make sure to use the smaller more efficient buildings and short production cycles, this will reduce the amount of loot he can get away with.

Overall If he want protection money let him work for it and make sure he gets only crumbs.
One mistake I often see is that 'victims' think more of hurting the 'bully' rather than about benefits to their cities. There are many such wrongful strategies, including:
a) putting minimal defense so the bully will not get any battlepoints (and the town is open for everyone);
b) using 1-hour or even 15-min production cycle overnight, so the bully will get smaller reward (and losing over 50% of overnight production);
c) when inactive, disconnecting the whole city from the Town Hall, so the bully will get nothing (and losing 100% of supply and coin production);
d) intentionally using smallest production buildings (thus diminishing effect of motivation);
e) putting 100s of FP into GBs of bully's rivals (no idea what is the plan behind such actions, but people are doing it).
These and similar strategies hurt 'victims' much more than plundering by 'bullies'.

Therefore, the first thing: think about your own benefits, don't think how to hurt the bully!
Motivation/polishing of the bully's town is beneficial to you - you have a chance to get BP + 20 coins. If you can sell it for no-plundering - great. Defending with the strongest army you have also costs you nothing. Donating FP may or may not be beneficial. If you really suffer from plundering (don't have enough resources to advance through the tech tree and your FP get wasted) or the bully has GB that you want to build - go for it, but sell your FP for the highest price possible. If plundering is more of a nuisance than a problem - decline the offer. Even in this case - let know the bully that you will not donate FP in any case and maybe he will settle for another offer.

DeletedUser

In most of the naberhoods I am in, players who choose it as strategy to not keep any defense are well known all around and despised/plundered many times harder than others for using such a low strategy.
I consider bullies who demand FP protection as low strategy, which makes this strategy a perfect response. Also considering that I always near my PC(alt+tab to the game) and maintain ~30 manufacturing building of each, on short cycles so even if you find enough idiots who wish to waste their time on this, they will get away with less than ~1% of my total production... so go ahead ;)

@Ggryvi. Actually all of those are great ideas for extreme measures to deal with an extreme case of bullies. Every course of action has negatives and positives and each one should find the best course of action for him. Though you seem to advocate the course to appease the bully as the most balanced one I disagree. Also:

a/d. If you are active and during the day, this is the most efficient production scheme.
b. Obviously, st night you time your cycle toward your login time
e. No one suggested to throw away FP, but it is most likely that you'll be able to find a GB that donating to it will be more beneficial for you and won't strengthen your bully. (its better to get a few friends and look around, there is more than your neighborhood out there)

Also "Defending with the strongest army you have also costs you nothing", it is true unless if it doesn't work and is the reason why you are attacked...

EDITED.

DeletedUser3157

I consider bullies who demand FP protection as low strategy, which makes this strategy a perfect response. Also considering that I always near my PC(alt+tab to the game) and maintain ~30 manufacturing building of each, on short cycles so even if you find enough idiots who wish to waste their time on this, they will get away with less than ~1% of my total production... so go ahead ;)

Demanding for FPs is in fact going over the top and I wouldn't co-operate with players like that in any world. Yet I described on last page the means I would use to deal with bullies. Other than that, plundering is still part of the game. If you can maintain using only short cycles for many months in your town, u deserve the reward of not being plundered hard, as you are working hard to avoid it. If you can not, you would might want to consider strategies which make you less appealing target and read my past posts in this thread

DeletedUser4195

There are several types of 'bullies'. etc

Interesting how the definition of a 'bully' is changing in these posts. My own experience when I started out was that a handful of players attacked and plundered me every day for weeks. At the time that certainly felt like bullying. On the other hand we have all been attacked, I'm sure, but not plundered. Those are players who are working for PvP points but are probably the balanced type mentioned by Ggryvi. They don't need the few coins/supplies from a plunder. No way are they actually bullying anybody because they are doing no harm at all.

Over time playing style does also change. I didn't use to attack anybody but now having finished the tech tree and map the only way that I can grow is via medal expansions. So I now attack regularly but with only a couple of exceptions don't bother to plunder. The exceptions are, of course, those who used to attack me when I started out. Interestingly they are now way behind me and stand no chance when I pay them a visit.

Threatening attack/plunder unless a payment is made (whatever that is) is surely threatening behaviour and way outside the spirit if not the rules of the game and should be stamped on.

DeletedUser

I don't think there is a thing as bullies in this game, not in regards to game play at least.
Personally I think it borders close to bullying by labeling players who are merely active in PvP as bullies.

They are using a feature readily available to everyone in the game and happen to be better at it than others or use it in a more aggressive playing style than others.
This does not make them bullies. It makes them PvP-ers. A style of playing offered within the game that they decided to take up.

It is hardly considered a 'threat' or 'blackmail' if someone asks you to donate to his GBs in return for no attacks and/or plunders.
They have no power over that, so it's not a threat they can make. At the very most it's a deal or offer.

Whether they'll be able to plunder you depends on yourself, not on them.
If they come across your town and there's a fat sack of goods idly sitting there, you can hardly blame them for grabbing it.

- L

DeletedUser

@Ggryvi. Actually all of those are great ideas for extreme measures to deal with an extreme case of bullies. Every course of action has negatives and positives and each one should find the best course of action for him. Though you seem to advocate the course to appease the bully as the most balanced one I disagree. Also:

a/d. If you are active and during the day, this is the most efficient production scheme.
b. Obviously, st night you time your cycle toward your login time
e. No one suggested to throw away FP, but it is most likely that you'll be able to find a GB that donating to it will be more beneficial for you and won't strengthen your bully. (its better to get a few friends and look around, there is more than your neighborhood out there)
Mordin, the strategies you described may work for players who "are active and during the day". Such players, obviously, do not suffer from plundering and, I assume, would not ask an advice against bullies. For a typical 'victim' (no possibility to be online 24/7) these strategies are harmful.

Also "Defending with the strongest army you have also costs you nothing", it is true unless if it doesn't work and is the reason why you are attacked...
If an attacker has attacking GB or is 2 ages above you, no defense will "work" (you can't win or even inflict serious damage). The reason to put strong defense is not to protect the city; it's an incentive that the 'victim' should use during negotiations.
Also, it's a common misconception that weak or no defense may prevent PvP players from attacking. Battle against 2 spearfighters takes 10 second and such simple battles are a nice relaxation between difficult fights where you have to be very accurate to reduce damage to your troops.