• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Pay fool 4444 gold but no reward

DeletedUser1149

I have read about this one before but can't find it in the Bug section... Just had the quest myself: Asked for 4444 gold in return for a mystery reward. I paid the gold and it gives the option to collect the reward but there is no reward showing

The rumour is that this is a bug and there should be a reward at this stage of the quest.
Is this true?
Please can I have the reward if it is and please can the bug be fixed for everyone else who gets the quest

*EDIT sorry I should say I am on Arvahall server in case its just that server this happens on

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have read about this one before but can't find it in the Bug section... Just had the quest myself: Asked for 4444 gold in return for a mystery reward. I paid the gold and it gives the option to collect the reward but there is no reward showing

The rumour is that this is a bug and there should be a reward at this stage of the quest.
Is this true?
Please can I have the reward if it is and please can the bug be fixed for everyone else who gets the quest

*EDIT sorry I should say I am on Arvahall server in case its just that server this happens on

And that's why folks you should never give gold to any fool :D

DeletedUser1062

it is not a bug its quest line in the end gives u 25 diamonds

DeletedUser1149

Strange how it has a button saying 'Collect Reward' then :confused:

DeletedUser1294

Don't do the jester quests.
They are useless.
Yes it does give diamonds, but with 25 diamonds all you can do is build 2 paved roads.

DeletedUser276

and when you get more quests with diamonds they add up and you can end up by the end with hundreds of diamonds ;) just because you get a little at the start doesnt mean you wont get more... and they add up eventually. But your choice on what you want to do.

DeletedUser

and when you get more quests with diamonds they add up and you can end up by the end with hundreds of diamonds ;) just because you get a little at the start doesnt mean you wont get more... and they add up eventually. But your choice on what you want to do.

ha did you just blew out a secret? *orders the jester to be taken down from gallows*

DeletedUser

Well if we are sharing secrets, the jester gave me a fair share amount of trading resources as well. Really helped with my research progression since there are only a few active players in my group who don't cover all the resources.

So back to the question: I don't think the quests are bugged, just see them as a gamble. Sometimes you will lose and get no or a sucky reward (I believe I payed 1000 tools and got 1 coin as a reward... since that was at the start of the bronze age it kinda hurt). Other times you get stuff you desperatly need, which makes up for the quests with no rewards :-)

DeletedUser276

there are no quests with no rewards. the ones you think have no rewards are ones that set you up and are a pre requisite for future quests that have better rewards.

One of them I know are a 3 point quest and you get some troops that are like bloody tanks and take a crud load of punishment. however each point of the quest costs alot of gold, production and resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

there are no quests with no rewards. the ones you think have no rewards are ones that set you up and are a pre requisite for future quests that have better rewards.

One of them I know are a 3 point quest and you get some troops that are like bloody tanks and take a crud load of punishment. however each point of the quest costs alot of gold, production and resources.

i know you wont tell the exact quests that you speak of, but would you mind telling us which era that is in at least? :)

DeletedUser

The Jesters quests are a bit of a lottery... some times they are horrible sometimes good, but if you skip them, it seems to remember and give you more of the horrible ones... basically the rewards he can offer are fantastic, but you have to be nice and patient with the fool :)

I have had advanced units, diamonds and resources from him that have all been invaluable...