• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: paved road not working in "Betrayal" quest

eeyore

Corporal
  • World:Arvahall
  • Browser and Version:Firefox 23.x
  • Overview of the bug:Quest "Betrayal" asks to build 18 paved lanes or 18 brick roads: recognises brick roads but not paved lanes
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:ALWAYS when trying to build "paved lanes"
  • Urgency:high
  • Preventative Actions:none
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:Yes

Quest "Betrayal" asks to build 18 paved lanes or 18 brick roads: recognises brick roads but not paved lanes. I have spent all my diamonds building 12 brick roads and the counter went upwards reaching 12. Every time (built SEVEN "paved lanes" so far), I am trying to build a paved lane, the counter stays at "12/18", meaning that the paved lanes are not recognised.
If this is a ploy to get me to buy diamonds (the price of which has gone up!) then the ploy fails.

DeletedUser

Im pretty sure you gotta build either 18 paved lanes or 18 brick roads not 12 of one and 7 of the other.

Try building 11 more paved lanes.

DeletedUser

Quest "Betrayal" asks to build 18 paved lanes or 18 brick roads

Exactly. It doesn't ask you to build a combined total of 18. It asks you to build 18 of one or the other. So, not a bug.

Regards,

Anwar

eeyore

Corporal
Well, it should be made perfectly clear by inserting "either" prior to 18 paved lanes. 'Or' on its own implied that it can be a mix. This feels quite shoddy and if that had been a product, I would have reported it to trading standards.
the correct sentence should have been:
"build EITHER 18 paved lanes OR 18 brick roads - you may not interchange either".

Thank you.

Thank you gabdomestik. The game designers missed out an essential word for correct understanding. But thank you for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Either" isn't really necessary. It states "Build 18 of this OR 18 of that", seems perfectly clear to me. Now if it said "Build 18 of this OR that" and you couldn't mix, then it would be confusing, but in its current state it isn't.