• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Path repaced by trail

DeletedUser4453

system info:0.14.8877 (09.08.2012 9:35), stapper2000 (254411), en5, en_US, WIN 11,3,300,270, Windows XP, MSIE 8.0, 1239x816

subject: After building a path I wanted to extend it on both sides, but I didn't have enough supplies so I extended it with a trail instead.
I selected the trail in the building menu and clicked on the spot where I wanted an extension of the "path". Since you can always build two squares, I built another spot on the other end of the path. To my horror the whole path has been replaced by a trail!!!
I lost about 15 to 20 sqaures of path including the happiness bonus!!

Is this a bug, since you normally cannout build a trail where there already is a path...??
Can somebody press the undo button for me?? Or compensate my supplies/money loss?? :(

With regards,
Stapper2000

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Welcome to the forums, thanks for posting.

As far as I know, being able to build a trail over a path isn't a bug. I've never seen or heard anything that would suggest you can't replace a path with a trail, sorry. Assuming I am right, you won't be entitled to compensation.

I'll try to double-check this to make sure, and edit with a confirmation or new info.

Edit: Confirmed this isn't a bug. An idea to have a confirmation pop-up when deleting/replacing paths, etc. has previously been submitted. It featured in the July Players' Choice Poll, it wasn't one of the winners, but that doesn't mean the Developers won't implement it anyway. You can view the Idea Proposal here(click).
For now, at least, we just have to be careful. Hope this helps answer your question.
Enjoy the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4453

Hi Bartimaeus46,

Thanks for your reply,
I think it is a waste to accidently build a "cheaper"object over a more "expensive" object, without a warning...
But since you mention it was voted out, there isn't much I can do..

stapper2000

DeletedUser4089

It's not that it was voted out reaal, just that it wasn't one of the top ideas. The polls are just to give the developers a sense of what the players would most like to see implemented. There's always a chance that the developers will implement a warning anyway.