• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Past event buildings though aiding

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Yggdrasil88

Private
Hi, I was wondering what your take is on randomly receiving "selection kits" of past event buildings through aiding players.

There are very few opportunities for newer players to get past event buildings. They sometimes appear in related events or in the "antiques dealer" but they are rare and bitterly fought over. Some of them I've never seen appear at all.

What I propose is that by aiding players that have managed to get maxed out event buildings, there is a chance that you get a selection kit for those buildings.
It would basically function in the same way that receiving blueprints from aiding players does. Upon aiding a player there is then a certain chance percentage to get either a blueprint or a selection kit.

Event buildings are very useful and I think such a way would make them more accessible to all.

For balancing, the chances of getting one such selection kit can be much lower than the chances of getting a GB blueprint so as not to impact the rarity / difficulty of receiving past event buildings.

What do you think?

All the Best to you all!

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

I'm not exactly sure how that works but I guess that you receive the blue print of a building that the player already has.

No, you have a chance to receive a BP of the age of the building you aid.

Hi, I was wondering what your take is on randomly receiving past event buildings selection kits randomly through aiding other players.

Take on that is that it is something you can find on the Do Not Suggest List. A list of suggestions that Inno is not looking for currently.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
You also get past Event Building kits from the current year Events that usually (but not always) relate to the time that the Event Building was originally released.
i.e. Archaelogical event buildings have a new Building each year, and kits are usually available as Daily Prizes - and the 1 previous year Event Kits are often showing up 2 or 3 times as a Daily Special. And now with the ability to re-shuffle for an alternate Daily Prize, you have even more chances of getting the wanted Selection Kits.

Yggdrasil88

Private
Take on that is that it is something you can find on the Do Not Suggest List. A list of suggestions that Inno is not looking for currently.

I've made a search in the forum but nothing on the subject came up. And how are we suppose to know what Inno is looking for?

You also get past Event Building kits from the current year Events that usually (but not always) relate to the time that the Event Building was originally released.

I know but I had the luck of never getting one that way...

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I know but I had the luck of never getting one that way...
And when you have had that kind of 'luck', then that is what the Antique Dealer is for - another chance (better or worse) of obtaining the Kit that you could not win during the event. Otherwise, wait a year and you have chances to win it again next year (and depending on the particular Kit, it may appear in more than one Event a year).
Sometimes these Event Kits are meant to take some time/effort to obtain. Not everyone gets it the first time around, and some still do not get it the second time around. But the more time you spend on it, the better your odds are.

Yggdrasil88

Private
Sometimes these Event Kits are meant to take some time/effort to obtain. Not everyone gets it the first time around, and some still do not get it the second time around. But the more time you spend on it, the better your odds are.

Couldn't that be solved by a 1 to 5% chance of getting it? Additionally, there is no way to know which selection kit you'll get as most players have more than one event building fully maxed out. I think that the time and effort to gain them can be balanced accordingly. I don't see that much of an issue there.

However, waiting possibly a year, while not knowing if the building you are looking for is going to show up is pretty harsh. For example, I would really love to have the Suishun Mill but it never even once showed up for me in the Antiques Dealer and I can only hope it shows up in the spring event.

Yggdrasil88

Private
You are supposed to know by reading the threads that tell you READ ME!

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest.37648/

Ok, I missed that. But this doesn't fall, in my opinion, into any of the points listed there.

The closest one would be this:
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game

However, I'm not proposing any new buildings or items and the events that the buildings appeared in as rewards are over and will probably never appear as such again. I'm also not trying to make the game easier. I don't mind the chances of getting a selection kit being much lower than those of getting a GB blueprint. That would only be a balancing issue.
I would just like to have a more "reliable" chance of having access to the same content as "older" players.

Knight of ICE

Couldn't that be solved by a 1 to 5% chance of getting it? Additionally, there is no way to know which selection kit you'll get as most players have more than one event building fully maxed out. I think that the time and effort to gain them can be balanced accordingly. I don't see that much of an issue there.

Issue is that Inno is not looking for ideas like this one, so nothing will be done wth it.

However, waiting possibly a year, while not knowing if the building you are looking for is going to show up is pretty harsh. For example, I would really love to have the Suishun Mill but it never even once showed up for me in the Antiques Dealer and I can only hope it shows up in the spring event.

I have seen it in the AD 3 times this week.

However, I'm not proposing any new buildings or items and the events that the buildings appeared in as rewards are over and will probably never appear as such again. I'm also not trying to make the game easier. I don't mind the chances of getting a selection kit being much lower than those of getting a GB blueprint. That would only be a balancing issue.

Except that you are proposing a new item and that you are proposing to make the game easier for you. You are also proposing an extreme change and a change to existing rewards.

I would just like to have a more "reliable" chance of having access to the same content as "older" players.

Those older players worked for it a long time. You want the same in an easy way. How is that not making the game easier?

Yggdrasil88

Private
Issue is that Inno is not looking for ideas like this one, so nothing will be done wth it.
Well, that's a pity but I still think I had to put the idea out there.

Those older players worked for it a long time. You want the same in an easy way. How is that not making the game easier?
First, the older players could work for it. Secondly, I don't think it needs to be easier, as it would be balanced by rarity and not knowing if you get only gold, BG blueprints or selection kits. Furthermore, it would then be the selection kit that you want. How is that not as difficult as playing the event?

If for example the selection kit is 20x rarer than a blueprint, I don't think it makes it any easier, but from where I stand it makes it at least obtainable in the long run.

Getting back to the AD, in the year (nearly) I've been playing, I only saw the Suishin Mill once and considering my level at the time it was instantly out of reach. secondly, I've never seen it being sold by the AD itself. Only in auction. But that's maybe my own bad luck.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Getting back to the AD, in the year (nearly) I've been playing, I only saw the Suishin Mill once and considering my level at the time it was instantly out of reach. secondly, I've never seen it being sold by the AD itself. Only in auction. But that's maybe my own bad luck.
One thing missing here, that I do not see mentioned above (maybe I missed it?) - is that the Event Buildings are basically a Unique item that players can only achieve one time during the year (the Event) - and does not come back again until its 1st anniversary. The first time the 'previous' year Selection Kits come back is usually during the Event of its anniversary, followed shortly afterwards by being released on the AD - as well as 'bonus' diamond sells that may occur offering it.
So, if you miss getting it when it is first released - you and anyone else who did not achieve it, will not be able to obtain it again until the following year (new and old players), barring any special offer that Inno may make.
That Suishin Mill you are talking about, only recently came back as it was originally released during the Spring Event 2021 - so it will start appearing on the AD (and it is going to appear somewhere else soon, but this forum is not allowed to give that kind of information out)

Knight of ICE

If for example the selection kit is 20x rarer than a blueprint, I don't think it makes it any easier, but from where I stand it makes it at least obtainable in the long run.

You might think it does not make it easier, but fact is, it does make it easier than it is now. Even at 100x rarer.

romeo-rainy

Corporal
The druid temple, a building that I am no able to get because I am new, is auctioned very high. This makes event buildings special and valuable. You can get it in different ways, but aiding will make it much easier to get, kind of against the not making game easy rule. Other ways to get it require you to spend something.