• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [other] Confirmation before Scout sets off on Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal:

There should be a confirmation prompt before scouting begins.

There is an idea put forward to cancel the Scout and, if that is implemented with full refund then the prompt to confirm is not necessary.

Reason:

It is too easy to accidentally set off a scouting trip when moving the screen around.

Details:

A simple confirmation like "Do you want to scout a new province?" would suffice, though a more comprehensive "Are you sure you want to spend [x] coins on a scouting venture to [y] for [time]?" might be more thorough.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

None. This is just about helping users, not affecting game play.

DeletedUser110195

Yes, being told how long it will take when scouting, whether they allow us to cancel it or not, as they should, would be a very good thing. Even if the realism brigade wanted to step in to piss on this idea(because in reality you can't know how long venturing into the unknown will take)you can at least estimate how long it will take, and considering we know precisely when the scout will finish his mission, just after he gets started(seriously? he knows how long it will take one step into the mission but not before?)then we should get that info before starting it.

+1

DeletedUser103370

+1
Haha, I haven't even thought about it that someone would come up with "realism" :) That'd be pure bs. since nothing is realistic here, and it doesn't have to be.

Nevertheless, confirmation before sending with estimated time would be welcomed, and the proper way to do it.

Blast! I've just inadvertently set my scout off again! I was keeping a province ready for scouting for the right Summer Event Quest and now I might not be able to scout.

No confirmation, no cancellation, it is so wrong it's veering towards a bug.

This is especially important with the app, where the player has to touch the screen to move it around and it is far to easy to touch a part of the screen that the scout will jusy say "OK, off I go then."

DeletedUser110195

Blast! I've just inadvertently set my scout off again! I was keeping a province ready for scouting for the right Summer Event Quest and now I might not be able to scout.

No confirmation, no cancellation, it is so wrong it's veering towards a bug.

This is especially important with the app, where the player has to touch the screen to move it around and it is far to easy to touch a part of the screen that the scout will jusy say "OK, off I go then."
When I first started reading this I almost forgot this was your idea and thought that was some grade A sarcasm, but I can see how that would be terrifying...but worse yet....tavern boosts. If you have to touch the screen to scroll down the list of boosts, there's no room for you to touch that isn't a button to activate a boost....were I an app player I'd be SCREAMING for the ability to cancel tavern boosts or a confirmation that you want one.

(Slightly off-topic)
When I first started reading this I almost forgot this was your idea and thought that was some grade A sarcasm, but I can see how that would be terrifying...but worse yet....tavern boosts. If you have to touch the screen to scroll down the list of boosts, there's no room for you to touch that isn't a button to activate a boost....were I an app player I'd be SCREAMING for the ability to cancel tavern boosts or a confirmation that you want one.
Tavern Boosts aren't so bad. For one thing, there is a margin between the buttons wide enough to use for scrolling; the screen was also built well, with a distinct tap being required - neither press, nor flip will activate the button. There might even be a confirmation, I can't recall.
With the map, it is different because a flip/swipe action is common in moving a graphic like that around, as is also a press and slide motion. It's very subtle and took me months to get used to as a veteran mouse user (and before mice were common, I had a roller-ball - now an almost extinct beast). Suffice to say that actions usually used on a map can too easily trigger the scout off :(

DeletedUser105579

+1

Question to the forum folks. Is the time required to scout a province constant? For example, if I scout a PME province from the PME map as opposed to scouting a PME province when the scout starts on the ME map?

DeletedUser110195

Doesn't matter if the scout is right next to it, or the equivalent of a thousand miles away, it will always take the same amount of time(I know this because of all my alt worlds being close together in age and map progression)

DeletedUser103370

Doesn't matter if the scout is right next to it, or the equivalent of a thousand miles away, it will always take the same amount of time(I know this because of all my alt worlds being close together in age and map progression)

Ah no, I mean lets say you're in PME and you're scouting a pme map. Now you level in age, but let's say you're scouting the same pme map again. Will that take longer time because you're higher in age, or the same map takes the same time regardless of your age?

Status
Not open for further replies.