• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Order of Great Buildings

Ordrin

Private
I know this is an opinion type of question but which buildings would be best for startup cities and what order worked best for everyone.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I know this is an opinion type of question but which buildings would be best for startup cities and what order worked best for everyone.
What worked for me, is I ignored everyones opinions and did what I wanted. It may have made me a little slower to start - but I found I enjoyed the game better by playing, instead of creating copy-cat cities of the various opinion makers. Like 1 guild I have been in, the GLeader did not like certain Ages, and keeps advising players (especially newer players) to get out of those Ages as quick as possible. And what benefit was that for anyone, other than for the Leader to create more puppets?
If you can read, you can see what the various buildings do - you can also go to the Wiki for more info - and then play your game - instead of trying to play someone elses game.

Valiux

Private
I heard that a lot of successful player started with OoD.
All depends on what you want to achieve and how you want to spend your real estate and produced fp and then split it into milestones to achieve:
-You want to play it the way Inno planned it? then age up and wait patiently to get BP + goods.
OR
-You want to have the basic fighting power: Trio
-You want to have troops harvest Traz
-You want to have goods income and finish GE4 with a mix of fight/negociations CF
-You want to bank fp Arc
-You want to build a diamond farm? no GB gives diamond.
Level them at a satisfactory level and then rince and repeat... All that also depends on the time you can allocate to the game. I got two cities, a city where I just enjoy with a mix of fp + fighting and then another one where I purely focus on fighting.
Just plan, play and enjoy.