• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Options of spying and Spy units

DeletedUser110529

Once again, i have noticed that you blindly lead our attacking units to unrecoverable destruction. please give us an option of spying on a neighbor just like it is done in reality. we cant continue to attack blindly, knowing a neighbor's army strength will enable a person plan before attacking as it should be.

Not to give the attacker too many advantages, there should be a price paid to discover a spy unit (which should come in types and levels, like the army itself) say 5 forge points, if you like, there should be a price to be paid before spying is initiated.

successful spying however depends on the strength of one's spying unit. Hence, they could be discovered and destroyed by the defending army, leaving the attacker with no idea of the defending units and the resources stationed there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just surrender if you don't like your chances.
It's your own fault if you walk into a massacre once you see the units you're up against.
please give us an option of spying on a neighbor just like it is done in reality.
Slightly disturbing comment. Wouldn't fancy living next to you.

DeletedUser110529

Just surrender if you don't like your chances.
It's your own fault if you walk into a massacre once you see the units you're up against.

Slightly disturbing comment. Wouldn't fancy living next to you.
The problem with surrendering is that, you have to wait for 24 hours more.

If not our neighbors, how will we get to the top of the weekly ranking. Either you are a friend or you are a Foe.

DeletedUser

The problem with surrendering is that, you have to wait for 24 hours more.
Oh diddums.
That's the risk you take, isn't it? What you're asking is to basically be able to attack whenever you want without risk to your units.
Does that sound fair to you?

DeletedUser12400

I think that the attacker already has enough of an advantage not to mention that current defensive AI is poor.

In case I need to spy on enemies, I go to their city and check their defense - any watchfire? how many? great building with defense? level? and their military buildings. It gives me rough idea about their strength also another neighbor can attack and share the information before you go in.

DeletedUser110195

If not our neighbors, how will we get to the top of the weekly ranking. Either you are a friend or you are a Foe.
Guild Expedition. If you're good at fighting and get more GE fights than your rivals for #1, it's pretty much in the bag, has been for me, minus the HMA tower which is private property of a guy with a 106% attack/defense bonus and 3 levels of GE to my 2.

DeletedUser110529

Oh diddums.
That's the risk you take, isn't it? What you're asking is to basically be able to attack whenever you want without risk to your units.
Does that sound fair to you?
Who said spying was going to be without a cost? First one would need to train a spying units.
secondly, if your spying units were not strong enough, they could be destroyed by the defending units leaving you with no knowledge of the defender.
it just adds more fun and it is what is done in reality.

DeletedUser

Who said spying was going to be without a cost? First one would need to train a spying units.
secondly, if your spying units were not strong enough, they could be destroyed by the defending units leaving you with no knowledge of the defender.
it just adds more fun and it is what is done in reality.
You didn't say ANY of this in your original post. How are people meant to understand your idea when you do not furnish us with all the info?
I can't see how this would work with the existing mechanic of attacking. Would require a complete overhaul and without the finer points, I still couldn't support this. Theoretically, if the attacker did have to work for their spying privilege and there was still an element of risk involved, this could be a more interesting proposal for me.

DeletedUser110529

I think that the attacker already has enough of an advantage not to mention that current defensive AI is poor.

In case I need to spy on enemies, I go to their city and check their defense - any watchfire? how many? great building with defense? level? and their military buildings. It gives me rough idea about their strength also another neighbor can attack and share the information before you go in.
So we should rely on other Neighbor's advice. Sounds unprofessional to me.

You didn't say ANY of this in your original post. How are people meant to understand your idea when you do not furnish us with all the info?
I can't see how this would work with the existing mechanic of attacking. Would require a complete overhaul and without the finer points, I still couldn't support this. Theoretically, if the attacker did have to work for their spying privilege and there was still an element of risk involved, this could be a more interesting proposal for me.
So what you are saying here is that spying is a good idea only if there are certain prices to pay?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So what you are saying here is that spying is a good idea only if there are certain prices to pay?
I'm saying, as @SFM-OVERTYPE pointed out, the attacker already has a natural advantage over the defender and if they want a further advantage (in whatever form that might take) then yes, they should have to work for that.

DeletedUser110529

I'm saying, as @SFM-OVERTYPE pointed out, the attacker already has a natural advantage over the defender and if they want a further advantage (in whatever form that might take) then yes, they should have to work for that.
Yes, Spy for a cost. That's how it should be. No spying is not just good

DeletedUser109385

I agree with most of the posts that the attacker already has much of an advantage over the defending player but i can suggest some improvements for this idea, if the spying fails and get captured by the defending army that spy can become an unattached unit of the player's choice with certain boosts depending on the level the spy is, also if the player has invested 5FPs to send the spy to spy on you those 5FPs will be given to the victim if the spy fails. Finally I think the costs should be 10FPS as 5FPs simply doesn't sound expensive enough to me, the attacker already has much of a advantage so this new advantage for the attacker must be extremely costly with lots of risks.

Btw can anyone tell me why some people attack you then surrender before they even made a single move EVERYTIME?

DeletedUser110529

I agree with most of the posts that the attacker already has much of an advantage over the defending player but i can suggest some improvements for this idea, if the spying fails and get captured by the defending army that spy can become an unattached unit of the player's choice with certain boosts depending on the level the spy is, also if the player has invested 5FPs to send the spy to spy on you those 5FPs will be given to the victim if the spy fails. Finally I think the costs should be 10FPS as 5FPs simply doesn't sound expensive enough to me, the attacker already has much of a advantage so this new advantage for the attacker must be extremely costly with lots of risks.

Btw can anyone tell me why some people attack you then surrender before they even made a single move EVERYTIME?
How are ideas adopted here?

DeletedUser108379

The attaccker has enough advantages
and regarding the weekly ranking in the tower, it is not important how many points you have, it is only important that you have the most, and since the situation is the same for anyone, I do not see any reason for a spy.

And besides neighbours you can make points in the GE, on the map of continents or with GvG.