• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Option to prevent account from being lost within 30 days of inactivity

DeletedUser108240

Cities are only deleted after 30days of inactivity if they are below High Middle Ages, this is sufficient to prevent deletion; it does not take particularly long to reach High Middle Ages, and is necessary in order to prevent the server being cluttered with thousands of inactive accounts.
I'm gonna say -1 as I can see pretty much everyone, even a player who only logs in once, opting not to have their city deleted if given a choice, and therefore we'd still potentially end up with inactive accounts everywhere.
This is good to know (and news to me). So how long can 'higher age' players be inactive before they get deleted?

I like the idea, but think it should be a diamond-paid option. It does cost Inno money to have loads of inactive cities stored.

+1

DeletedUser107714

i dont want to delete the ACCOUNT (keep diamonds for my remaining worlds), i just want to delete the un-used worlds ..

Ive been away from the game (on EN worlds) for 5-6 months & i logged in today just to check. & ALL 3 worlds (including 1 brand new world i rarely touched) are STILL showing up when i logged in to the EN servers.

It shouldnt be so complicated to delete a world "automatically"

(Examples)

i play in worlds E, K & U

1) i accidentally create a world. F

2) I press a button to tell FOE that i want the specific world F to be deleted - i have 50,000 diamonds shared between all the worlds. could be 0 diamonds, or 5 diamonds or 10,000,000 diamonds - doesn't matter.

3) i quite happily play on E, K & U worlds on a regular basis. i do not go into F world.

4) after 30 days of not going to F world, F world is deleted/removed. when i next go into the account, I only see the 3 worlds that i regularly use. with *NO* interaction with a FOE staff member.

Shouldnt be too hard ? is it ?

If I go onto a mobile phone or IPAD etc i can create worlds by accident within seconds with NO verification of anything. why make it so difficult to remove a world from my screen ?

Theres no logical reason why FOE will want to keep un-used worlds except to annoy us. Less processing power (for stats), less MB storage for un-used worlds.

DeletedUser

2) I press a button to tell FOE that i want the specific world F to be deleted
Just contact support and ask for unwanted worlds to be deleted. Takes about 30 secs for goodness sake.
Leaving it to folks to delete their own worlds would end up in a disaster imo. People are very stupid.