• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Opt In/ Opt Out of plundering actions.

Forkin Line

Corporal
Hi,
I'm a player who loves this game and helps all my FRIENDS and NEIGHBOURS as often as I can, usually every day unless I am unwell.
However, I get rather cross when players on my Neighbours bar who are there for two weeks, come into my city and steal from my buildings/supplies every day knowing I cannot plunder them as they are at a much higher level than I am in my game. I use the Friends Tavern boosts to Defend my city every day, but some players can just go around it as they have more attack ability I guess. :mad:

I don't plunder others because I consider it stealing, whether it is just a game or not. I didn't know about this part until about a month after I joined up as I didn't read anything about it in the advertisement for the game which inspired me to sign up. I wondered what the Black Hatted heads were that kept popping up in my city. As you can't see their name from that icon, it is frustrating to have this happen and then go help them out before finding out they stole from me.

So I had a suggestion that I thought could work for all involved in this game.

How about if they created the ability for us all to either OPT IN, or OPT OUT of Plundering altogether? So if you OPT OUT, nobody can plunder your city but you can't plunder anyone else either. If you OPT IN, then you can plunder others cities and you can be plundered too.
That way it would keep everyone happy because if you like to do this you can do so and expect that you will be visited by plunderers in turn. If you don't like it, your city is safe from daily plundering and you cannot plunder any other city either.

If required by the Developers, there could be a colour coded button or sash across the top of your individual city that shows you as either a non-plunderer or a plundering player. This would satisfy me as I just like to do my own thing and help out anyone who helps me. I have lots of friends who are non-active players but I still click their buttons almost daily.

I have considered leaving the game because I don't like this aspect of it, but that would be a shame since it is a great stress reliever for me most of the time, and I am up to Future level and keep trying to expand and improve my city. I like the challenges of being able to gather what is required to complete the tasks and upgrading my city.

Thanks for reading my suggestion. Please take my poll so I can see if it is worth creating a formatted suggestion for submission.
Many thanks, Forkin Line

Matt999

Private
It is part of the game. Collect your city on time and there's nothing for anybody to plunder. Build your attack up if you want to be able to return attack easily.

Technically you can opt out - stay in Iron Age and don't research PvP on the tech tree.

Forkin Line

Corporal
It is part of the game. Collect your city on time and there's nothing for anybody to plunder. Build your attack up if you want to be able to return attack easily.

Technically you can opt out - stay in Iron Age and don't research PvP on the tech tree.
Well that is all very nice for you to say but I am in Australia and the plundering occurs while I am sleeping. I don't think it is fair that I should let 8 hour profits go unfulfilled just so I don't get plundered every day. As I stated, I am a long way from Iron Age, but thanks for the suggestion.

Knight of ICE

In order for an idea to be forwarded, it needs to be posted in a required format.
If it is not in the right format, nothing will be done with it.
Even when it is formatted, it can not be on the Do Not Suggest List.
Also it should not have been proposed before.

This is how you propose an idea

This is the Do Not Suggest List

And here you use the forum search function to see if your idea has not been proposed before

Since your idea is unformatted, already suggested and DNS I am archiving it.