• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Operating Temperature

DeletedUser

• World: Brisgard
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 15.0.1
  • Overview of the bug: CPU Temperature rising
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: Every time the game is on screen.
  • Urgency: Low/Moderate
  • Preventative Actions: Minimise window, monitor PC temp.
  • Summary: Every time the game window is open the core temperature on my PC rises. The rise does not stop, pushing to maximum temp and the system the limits processing speed. Getting to over 80 degrees C. Tested against general browsing, watched You-tubevids, facebook and farmville. These do not produce non-stop temp increases, only small increases.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Searched with no matches.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Refreshed, cache cleared, cookies, plugins disabled, re-logged in, restart computer.

I have been having heat problems for last 2 weeks, it took me some time to identify this game as the source.

Regards
Steve Stopford

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

The issue may be that this is a very big resource heavy game and its working your computer more than its used to. Thats like having a fat guy sit on a couch and eat candy then have him up and jogging around the house.

Not really a bug on our end.

DeletedUser

Try this:

1.)Clean your laptop vent and air wholes from dust! CLEAN HARD! preferably to open and clean.
2.) if you have a laptop: every one of them has useless plastic filters that are attached from the inside of every air whole. Open your laptop as much as you can "just unscrew a few bolts from the bottom" and remove that plastic cover. Look on youtube, should be some guides up there, but this is a brain free task.

WARNING: Remove the plastic cover that is getting in the way of air flow, these should be glued to the outside walls of your laptop from the inside of it. Do not touch the micro-devices of your laptop.
3.) you thermal paste might have to be replaced, for doing this you should go to a local PC/laptops shop/repair shop and tell them your laptop is heating hard and you don't know why.
4.) make sure it can suck in air freely

If you have a PC, clean it from dust and replace the thermal paste, make sure it is not placed in a corner where it can't get air.

P.S. Just my 5min reply

DeletedUser

and i have many other games that do not get so hot i do nothing in foe 30 minutes always all fans run all the time