• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Open Message Thread to Last Wread

DeletedUser100065

If it's that far back then it's a dead thread anyway probably best to just delete it and not worry about it.

DeletedUser653

A massive -1 from me for this as i want to see the latest message 80% of the time and I can scroll up if i want to see history.

think about FP swop threads, map checks, war planning - sorry but idea is not good for most player and most threads in use.

DeletedUser100065

Last replied thread makes far more sense to be the top one. If you have that many active threads clearly you need things better organised. -1

DeletedUser653

better idea, i would suggest reposting that as a idea and then seeing if you can get some support for it, I would not object to the bottom message always be the latest one as now but then having the option to jump up to last read.

Guilds that communicate frequently will either have some sort of "chat" thread or use the"Guild:..." thread at the top, either way, there may be a time when you need to go back to look at messages that were sent in the last 8-12h since you last logged in...
There's no way to get "better organised" without telling the Guild to stop communicating, & doing that will result in becoming UN-organised.
It's difficult to become Organised if you miss info you may need to know.

in a GvG one> "don't attack blablabla" - it's missed - you attack - things are screwed up - all because you didn't scroll up.

It's common for a guild to have a different thread for every different thing... Of COURSE there's no need to go back in a fp swap or something like that, but there IS in a chat, a GvG or similar, MORE so for someone who has a leader position, LESS for a non leader...
I think you misunderstood,
a) a FP swop thread you 99.9% of the time want to see the latest post first
b) Map checks thread, again 99.9% of the time want to see the latest post first
c) GB thread, again 99.9% of the time want to see the latest post first
d) DA needed threads/GvG instructions thread, again 99.9% of the time want to see the latest post first

as a founder I do scroll up to see a lot more, but most players in a guild will not want or need to do that. We have about 6 Guild threads and about 10 other guild threads and I think all of them need to show the latest post and I cannot see one where I want any default to an earlier thread.

For me the msg center is a respond at once type of system. Messages even an hour old are no longer pertinent so a response is not required (such we are under attack or somebodies GB is leveling).

And even if it would apply to one chit/chat thread, it's overall lack of usefulness to most members would not justify it's development time for the few members it might be useful to.

DeletedUser653

king I agree 100%. it might help me as founder but would be bad for the other 70 odd members