• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Only add players to neighbourhood after the reach the first pvp tower

DeletedUser

Proposal: Only add people into a neighbourhood (or keep them in a neighbourhood of 1) until they reach the first pvp tower or some other milestone in the bronze age

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Not that I can see

Reason: Prevent new players getting raided early on and prevent neighbourhoods filling up with non-players. This would also provide a more vibrant environment for those people that do make it as all players are a lot more likely to be active.

Details: None

Visual Aids: None

Balance: None

Abuse Prevention: None

Summary: None

DeletedUser8813

not a good idea new players need interaction as well..i think they do need some protection but not get wrapped in cotton wool..
i think a better solution would be a simple check box when you first register and tick if you will pvp or just civ..would help to put the hoods together better.
but there well may be problems with that as well i dont know i just thought of it as i was typing this

DeletedUser

+1 on this idea. Advancing out of the stone age isn't very difficult, but it at least shows that the player has invested SOME time in playing. The lack of interaction at this early point doesn't seem like much of a disadvantage for the new player. I don't think this will do much if anything to "protect" newer players, since they'll hit the bronze age very quickly, but this does seem like it would clean up messy neighborhoods that have a lot of "players" who quit after 10 minutes of playing. I believe there is a system for weeding out such players now, but this system should reduce the number of inactive players in neighborhoods.

DeletedUser7719

There are still many things you can do without reaching the first PvP tower. I saved up 100K of coins on another server, and I didn't even finish my first province (go huts!!! :p . I could also try to get FP packages in many GBs to make a slingshot to the IA (Iron Age, not industrial) before even worrying about neighbors. You could try to improve the post by making another (or a few more) restrictions.

DeletedUser

@byeordie: Yes, that IS technically true, but people who are actually interested in playing will move into the next age, and not experiment with theoreticals such as "how many coins can I collect without advancing an age", or bizarre schemes such as rapid age advancement. While those tactics COULD be done, they are neither in the spirit of the game, or would they be even remotely effective on a time basis (it will likely take a quite a while to earn the 125ish FP's worth of packages to "skip" the Bronze Age - far longer than just entering the game normally and playing). The point of the post is to better ensure that players entering neighborhoods are more likely to be active, not simply people who lost interest right away.

DeletedUser7719

People who would abuse what just mentioned: anyone who already has an account, but starts another account in a new world

DeletedUser

I dont see any massive advantage to what you're suggesting anyway? Other than less fun and a slower grind.

You could always just lock the tech tree at a certain point if it really mattered but I dont think it does.