• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

One Hit KO

DeletedUser6965

Why is there no one hit KO ?
I attacked spearfighter with grenadiers which had attack bonus and its "8-9" damage ... -.-
Or against Stone Thrower "9-9" damage...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i saw a 10 point possible hit once. forgot where. naturally when you are doing the provinces and you infiltrate, you can get many 1 hit KOs. especially against throwers. i have had heavy knights rake thru trebuchets one hitting them.

DeletedUser3157

Grenadier is not strong enough for 1 hit KO on spearman. But on Stone thrower it should be. In theory 1 hit KO should be possible by most LMA and CA units on stone thrower and by some CA units on slingers and ballistas.

DeletedUser

Anwar (game designer) has made this comment regarding Attack/Defense stats:
Regarding Attack/Defense, this is as much as I will reveal on that topic:

- If attack (of the attacking unit) and defense (of the defending unit) are equal, the attacker will deal around 5 damage.
- If attack is 10 times greater, the attacker may score "instant kills" (10 damage).
- If defense is 10 times greater than attack, the unit doesn't take any damage.

All cases in between are, well, in between those extremes.
One final note: If your unit get's an attack bonus from terrain but the damage range doesn't increase, it will still have a higher average within that range.

Everything else is for you to figure out from experience.

Initiative is actually based on Movement (highest move first) but I think the order given is still correct.

Regards,

Anwar

- L

DeletedUser6965

- If attack (of the attacking unit) and defense (of the defending unit) are equal, the attacker will deal around 5 damage.
- If attack is 10 times greater, the attacker may score "instant kills" (10 damage).
Sry, but this is absolutely rubbish. If this would be the case even a legionnaire would beat the stone thrower with one hit KO ...

Even a grenadier with 26 more attack, can't deal 10damage ...

Anwar said this? Well, then obviously it's a bug!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

- It's 10 times the attack power compared to defense, not 10 more attack than defense.
- It may score an instant kill. It's the extreme variable of the range of damage it deals out.

- L

DeletedUser6965

- It's 10 times the attack power compared to defense, not 10 more attack than defense.
- It may score an instant kill. It's the extreme variable of the range of damage it deals out.

- L
Uh, sry thanks for marking this.
BUT then it's not less rubbish than before (correct use of then/than??).

Because it's like u say "It's 1000000 times the attack power compared to defense" that would be right, but senseless.

A spearfighter(att7) is not able to deal damage to a grenadier(def40), that's not 10times greater.
So "10" is not the right number...

DeletedUser3157

Grenadier on grass has +20 defense bonus against spearman(terrain +10 def and vs light melee +10 attack and defense). So it is 60 defense not 40. But yes, seems like it gets rounded to 0 little lower than 10x. Prolly what Anwar meant was that average damage narrows down to 0 with 10x difference. But in reality due to rounding to nearest full number it takes little less than that.