• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Offensive & Defensive Great Buildings

DeletedUser

Capital letters symbolize shouting. Using a slightly larger text size (4) is a very good way to highlight the most important parts in a larger text. I would recommend you to learn some writing techniques before accusing others for shouting when all they do is just trying to avoid a wall of text. With that being said, I would like to ask you to change your text size to 4, because a text size of 7 is not required for anything other than just taking my example, doubling it in the purpose of trying to get the final word and an eventual conflict.

So you weren't using large text to try to get the last word? C'mon man, he was clearly just doing that to draw attention to what you were doing. I know a better way to avoid walls of text...don't type them : ) I would like to ask that of you, but I wouldn't because that's obnoxious.

You see, there's a huge difference between:

I understand the problem, but I don't agree becouse I think that it should be like [...]

and

I don't understand the problem, and I don't agree.

Everyone disagreeing here understands exactly what you're talking about. You're basically just trolling by saying things like that at this point.

Relatively few problems??? :mad: You see, this is what makes me mad! You're basicly saying that it's not a problem that the defender has a way too low attack value. Oh yeah, right! Let's set the defensive bonus to boost +20% defense per level, and then also apply a -20% attack per level, that will work even better, won't it??

Yes, they did it that way on purpose. It's not a problem. I don't really care if it "makes you mad".

Should we class the upcoming BP-features as a diatribe against unused/duplicate BPs aswell? Should we class the upcoming era as a diatribe against bored players that have nothing more to research? Should we class the upcoming guild wars as a diatribe to players that are bored fighting each other, or should we class it as a diatribe to guilds that are bored on only competing in the ranking lists?
These things can't be diatribes, I don't think you really understand the word. Besides, those are just additions to the game, they're not there to fix any "problems". Unlike your idea...

As I said before, I've done my best to explain why this is a problem. I can't do anything more now than hoping that a CM, Designer or Developer reads this and understands the actual problem.

I would also be very glad to hear some input and opinions regarding this matter from any CM, Desiger or Developer :)

Well it's possible the devs see your "problem" as something they put into the game. On purpose. Now you're basically accusing the makers of the game of not understanding the "problem"....not sure what to say about that...

I really hope that this doesn't falls to death ears, otherways I guess we will have a great game which requires strategy in most parts, except when attacking (and defending).

It's "deaf ears". I'm only correcting because you said it twice, otherwise I would have assumed auto-fill was to blame.

DeletedUser

Yes, they did it that way on purpose. It's not a problem.

Oh yeah? I bet they did everything on purpose in the game, I hardly belive that there's parts in the game today that they did by mistake. Or maybe you think that "oops look guys! I added this feature and those stats by mistake!" ??

In other words, yes, they did not do that by mistake. That however doesn't mean that they would not consider a change. Otherways, I can assure you that this entire forum section is useless, because they havn't added anything by mistake.

And if this really is something that they don't want to change, I want to be corrected by someone working with the game, that means either a CCM, CM, Designer or Developer.

I'm not even going to comment the other things you wrote as that clearly was you trolling.

DeletedUser

. . .Otherways, I can assure you that this entire forum section is useless. . .

. . .I want to be corrected by someone working with the game

First point. The argumentative theme of this thread has surely turned this thread of the forum useless for anything more than mild entertainment. The readers know who to blame without any fingers being pointed.

Second point. I hope the people working on the game have better things to do than come here and argue with you but we Altruists are at your service.

EDIT: After reading the following post by falcon I realize the the most important thing to that member is getting the last word in. So be it. I will leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First point. The argumentative theme of this thread has surely turned this thread of the forum useless for anything more than mild entertainment. The readers know who to blame without any fingers being pointed.

Second point. I hope the people working on the game have better things to do than come here and argue with you but we Altruists are at your service.

I wouldn't argue with a CCM, CM, Designer or Developer because they know what they are interested in, what they want the game to be like and what types of things they are interested in changing. However, you are ordinary players that have no clue at all about what changes they are going to do, what changes they will do, and what they won't do. Still, you're trying to say that they aren't interested in this. The fun fact is, they could have been adjusting this right now, and none of us would know yet.

You've left your opinion about this suggestion, let the people working with this game decide whenever they want to do it or not, or whenever it is inteded or not. That is not your decision.

DeletedUser7719

If you don't want our opinion, why post it here? Might as well PM one of them and tell them about what you think is fairer for the game. We are here to give a good idea of what the players think of these features. Some said yes, some said no. Just leave this thread to rest, and someone starts to complain about this matter, give 'em the link to this to make your idea stronger.

DeletedUser6461

Falcon,

Just one more thing - Not to argue with you but to state some facts:
We (the players, altruists, mods etc... I can't talk about CCM, CC, Designers and Developers as they may/maynot have different views about any issue) are not considering whether you are admin or even more or less on other servers or other games. When an idea is great we are simply promoting it by our comments. See your own idea here: Battle History and your suggestions here Seeing Unit #10. You are most welcome to argue about an idea but I have seen some of your (and others too) above discussions are going a bit personal and the actual proposal is about to submerge within these unwanted details (raising voice by increasing the font size etc...). Be cool man :cool: let's be more constructive than argumentative :)

DeletedUser

If you don't want our opinion, why post it here? Might as well PM one of them and tell them about what you think is fairer for the game. We are here to give a good idea of what the players think of these features. Some said yes, some said no. Just leave this thread to rest, and someone starts to complain about this matter, give 'em the link to this to make your idea stronger.

No, you misunderstood me :p I do want your opinions, even if you are not agreing with me. However, I don't think it's nice that some try to shoot the idea down by saying things that isn't actually their decision. Things like:

- It will take too much time...
- It is to difficult to program...
- They are not interested...
- This is on purpose...

are typical things to use when someone has run out of arguments but still want to shoot down the idea.

I would like to take Bloodwyns feedback to this suggestion (#23) as an example. That is good feedback, and even if Bloodwyn didn't agree with me, I still respected his opinion as he explained with valid arguments.

However,

Yes, they did it that way on purpose. It's not a problem.

is not good feedback, and I would absolutely not call it a valid argument. As I said before, they havn't done anything in the game by mistake. That however doesn't mean that it works perfectly and doesn't need any improvements.

Falcon,

Just one more thing - Not to argue with you but to state some facts:
We (the players, altruists, mods etc... I can't talk about CCM, CC, Designers and Developers as they may/maynot have different views about any issue) are not considering whether you are admin or even more or less on other servers or other games. When an idea is great we are simply promoting it by our comments. See your own idea here: Battle History and your suggestions here Seeing Unit #10. You are most welcome to argue about an idea but I have seen some of your (and others too) above discussions are going a bit personal and the actual proposal is about to submerge within these unwanted details (raising voice by increasing the font size etc...). Be cool man :cool: let's be more constructive than argumentative :)

It's absolutely ok if people don't agree with me, but I think that players that do not, could atleast give a valid argument if they took their time posting an answer :) I've not gone personal, but I have indeed got really annoyed at some answers.

DeletedUser

it's not supposed to be feedback, it was a response to the snide comments you posted. It was also meant to show that the vast majority of your responses to our objections are complete nonsense. You basically say over and over that people here are not intelligent enough to understand your idea, if that's not insulting or personal I'm not sure what is. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

DeletedUser

One thing that I've learned by this thread is that I will never again post any further comments to my own suggestions. I'll just post the OP and then leave it alone. The reason is that if you try to further explain your idea, you're obviusly accoused for nonsense, insulting and being personal.

I can't lock this thread myself, so I'll simply:

--- Locked ---

DeletedUser6461

One thing that I've learned by this thread is that I will never again post any further comments to my own suggestions. I'll just post the OP and then leave it alone. The reason is that if you try to further explain your idea, you're obviusly accoused for nonsense, insulting and being personal.

I can't lock this thread myself, so I'll simply:

--- Locked ---

No No.. please don't say like that Falcon.
Some of your ideas are extremely well (i have already mentioned the same to you) and we love to see that again including some of your well knitted arguments and thoughts which clarifies and supports your O.P. We just want you to be a little cool with the criticisms, nothing else. If you get me right, i don't thing there will be any future issues to go along with your superb ideas :cool:

DeletedUser

+1 worthy

I think this idea is mostly good really. Something along the lines of offensive great buildings add 5%/level to attack value of troops, whether attacking or defending. Defensive great buildings add 5%/level to defense of all troops, whether attacking or defending. Watchfires would remain unchanged.

Implementing this would mean that with fully maxed out combat GB's (all 5), your troops would have a 150% attack bonus, and a 100% defense bonus, regardless of attacking or defending. Watch towers would continue to add 4% defense, but only for defending troops.

I agree that regardless of some of the "extreme" examples with the existing system, if both attacker and defender are "maxed" out (attacker has all offensive GB's at level 10, and defender has both defense buildings at level 10), the attacker generally has little to worry about. The defenders are a little tough to hurt, but their unboosted attack value doesn't really hurt the attackers either (who have their own defense boosted as well as their attack). Add to that a reduced attack value after they are injured, and the defenders are virtually unable to even damage the attacking force.

Of course this would probably cause attackers to lose more troops. I attack my whole 'hood everyday, and this would definitely make it tougher. However, it was also suggested to help "balance" out this change, military buildings would provide more troops. I believe it was suggested that a military building provide 4 times the current amount (meaning 8 slots immediately, and 4 additional slots per upgrade). This is a good idea, and players interested in annihilating their whole 'hood everyday should be able to do so, because the losses would be easier to deal with. The main problem with this would be that the training times would have to change to reflect how many troops a barracks can hold under the new system. In other words, either able to train multiple troops at once, or shorter times per troop.

Game balance isn't affected much by this proposed change - all players have the same advantages available after all. Diamond players neither gain nor lose any advantage they don't already possess. What it DOES accomplish is make battles and combat bonuses a bit more "realistic". If I have a Castel del Monte that improves the attack value of my cannons, why is it only when I am out attacking and not when they are home defending? I suppose it can be explained away to improved troop morale, magical boosting, or the whim of the gods, but if something provides an attack bonus, it seems reasonable that it would always offer that, whether the troops are home or away.

So, in a nutshell, the current offensive GB's would give 5%/level to attack ONLY (not both attack and defense), but would be active whether troops are in defense or on the attack. The current defensive GB's would give a 5%/level boost to defense of all troops, whether attacking or defending.

Wow, this post was long. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10205

It is a ridiculous imbalance in any strategy war-game to have units that have a huge defence but no retaliation ability, they just sit there slowly taking damage and due to the attacker having a huge defence as well as attack ability they sustain no damage and slowly kill off the defenders units one by one till they win without a single unit lost or even a unit damaged in some cases.

DeletedUser13805

It is a ridiculous imbalance in any strategy war-game to have units that have a huge defence but no retaliation ability, they just sit there slowly taking damage and due to the attacker having a huge defence as well as attack ability they sustain no damage and slowly kill off the defenders units one by one till they win witho% ut a single unit lost or even a unit damaged in some cases.

dont know what fights you take part in but i take loads of damage with my troops boosted at 115% and go up agaisnt defence boosts that seem to also attack hard ? i watch my so called strong troops take all sorts of damage when fighting agaisnt defence boosts of over 150 %

DeletedUser96780

I seem to lose more units against those with defense boosts as well, so this idea would just make it worse.

The defender loses nothing in battle, that's a huge advantage to them. I rather like the way the pvp is here, can take your time and plan through your battle. :)

DeletedUser15432

Very much against this idea as troop casualties would be horrendous, you would end up with a situation similar to what occurred during WWI, with both armies sat in trenches as the costs of attacking were prohibitive, i.e. 60000 dead on the 1st day of the battle of the Somme, 600000 British Casualties and approximately the same for Germany and a vast morass of shell churned mud stretching from the channel to the alps

DeletedUser13805

i have lost my advantage of making my town a military one, i have loads of barracks so i could fight my way through the hood and restock injured troops so now in time everyone will have lots of troops without the need to use up space because of alcatraz. the defences in my hood are so hard as it is with there boosts as for them not being able to attack or do damage it seems to me my troops do very little damage to people who have over 150% defence boost. the whole thing seems to me like people want to be able to have a cast iron defence so no one can attack or beat them and if you have that then what happens to pvp ? we shouldnt have any boosts at all the troops should be left with there own strengths and weaknesses and maybe stratgery would come back into the game as it is now all you need is an alcatraz and a huge boost and thats the so called skill to the game ?

DeletedUser

or maybe they can make a Great Building that adds Attack Bonus to Defensive Army, that way there is nothing to change in the existing bonuses of current Great Buildings?

OK, that damn Alcatraz makes my mouth water. Only got 3 BPs of it so far.