• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Off the wall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1862

Soooo, I'm just wondering something very silly.

I'm not liking the plundering thing. It seems to be that too many at the top are using it as a means to bully and drive others from the game because they can't get very far being robbed 20 times a day. Yes, I know there are currently some bugs with pvp, and I did in fact put in a suggestion for a "no plunder" setting option.

In the mean time, I've limited my production to only the times I am playing to try and avoid having the bullies figure out when a good time to go in and plunder would be. What I'm wondering though; Is it possible to leave dead fish in your supply buildings on purpose (like overnight) and do they get dead fish if they plunder, or does the building just not show anything???

I like the notion that one of those that like to victimize other players could end up with dead fish for their trouble.
Cat:D

DeletedUser

You are doing the right thing to make sure you check your buildings at the right times but some will be able to be plundered when you sleep if you use the shorter houses but that it not a huge issue.

Pvp is a part of the game and it is very limited right now and not a huge issue compared to other games.

As for leaving the spoiled goods I doubt it will let the person pick them but that would not be a negative as they could simply select a different building and it wastes your time by leaving buildings with spoiled goods in them.

DeletedUser

to stop your houses getting plundered while you are asleep you can always move parts of your paths so they are not connected to your town hall :)

DeletedUser2974

Hi Mamacat,

As Chompman has said checking your buildings at the right time is key to keeping people from plundering your buildings. honestly if you aren't going to be there in an hour anyway then it might be best to do the 4 hour on your buildings. I know you can't choose on your houses, however, I generally find that if my houses are plundered I don't care quite as much. (Though maybe that's just me)

I don't believe that the developers are going to get rid of plundering because they do want to give the attacker some kind of "reward" for winning the battle.

Also, as for your question about the "spoiled" resources, no I don't believe they will be able to plunder the resources, although, if they are spoiled... Neither will you! It might be worth it just to let them plunder a few for you to get the many. :)

Just my thoughts, hope they helped!

~Ninga78234

DeletedUser1862

Don't get me wrong. I like pvp too. I just choose not to plunder because when you attack someone that is way below your rank and city age they have no chance of returning the favor, It's just plain poor sportsmanship. Some view it as a reward for winning the battle. Others view the points as the reward. Personally, I prefer the option of polishing a building to be a good neighbor and say thank you for a good, fun battle. Plundering is an option. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, it is being abused. I'm not saying the plunders shouldn't be allowed to plunder. Just suggesting that the abuse be stopped and let the plunders plunder each other as much as they want. Allowing players that don't like that aspect to opt out changes nothing in the pvp, tournaments, points, or battle outcome.

Leaving spoiled goods costs me almost nothing on the supply buildings. Just set it for 5 minutes and leave it. I have to leave the other buildings empty anyway. I like the idea of disconnecting the roads at bedtime. I've heard of rolling up the sidewalks at night, but this is a whole new twist. Yes, it will slow play down, but, I think several of the lower ranked and new players would welcome any chance to foil the bullies that are plundering them right out of the game.

I just like the idea of leaving a present for those that plunder. Hummm, maybe additional ideas could be recommended to the devs. Like "Surprise Plunderer! This warehouse was booby trapped (by a special diamond pack accessible safeguard) and you just lost your whole attack force!" Or maybe, "Surprise! While you were out stealing dead fish, 10 of your buddies plundered you!" Okay, I could carried away with silliness, I know.;)

DeletedUser

Plundering is a part of the game and the pvp damage players can do right now is very minor so it's not a big issue and there is no abuse as you need to defend your supplies and make sure you don't leave them out in the open for other players.

Honestly it is probably too weak they have now and could use a boost for the winners of a battle.

The problem is if you leave buildings with spoiled goods or removing the roads then it does waste a lot more time then that 5 minutes as you are preventing them from producing for the time when you sleep even if a few might get plundered and if you do that a lot it will make you even weaker over time while other people get more resources.

DeletedUser1862

Sorry Chompman, you're not getting what I am saying. How does not making anything overnight including coin, make me weaker than spending coin and supply points to make something that gets stolen???

The plundering situation for some is anything but minor. There are people that have been plundered right out of the game. There is absolutely no rational for the top 10- 20 players to repeatedly attack the lower ranks and new people, and plunder. Winning the battle is the reward. The points are the reward, the medals are the reward. Folks are being stripped in some neighborhoods by plundering abuse. Of course the defense is weak. We're talking about people at the top who attack cities two or more ages beneath them. What chance do they have?

One can engage in pvp, work the whole neighborhood for the points, win medals and never plunder a single person. I know because I and several others do it all the time.

Consider this also: I post my most advanced units in defense. (I'm always an age behind with my army because the cost of research, unlock, build and population is impossibly high, especially when certain types come in and farm my city and leave me with so much less to trade and use to build my city) What I'd like to point out other than that, is that with my city well defended, you attack and you loose. Where's my reward for posting a good defense. Some other plunder happy high ranked "person" with a more advanced force is going to come along and steal what I am making anyway. Remember that there is no way for me to return the favor for someone 20 places above me. Why bother? People are quitting because of plunder abuse. I know several.

Here is another silly option. Leave your buildings empty and disconnect your streets at night annnnd if your really want to add insult. Leave a single spearman as defense. That way, the plunders don't even get the 240 points from the default. Yes, it will slow the game and your advance, but some people are in it for fun and city building. Maybe it will be worth it for some of us to be able to poke the plunder happy goons in the eye?

Who else has some good ideas about foiling the plunderers???

DeletedUser

It can take resources to rebuild troops so getting some kind of repayment should be a reward people can get and other then points for your total score that's not a reward to repay your work and medals are something that can take ages to get.

You can make sure this does not happen as much by selecting the right time for buildings to produce goods other then houses and if you are not that active then you probably are better off using 4/8 hour houses and that will help prevent getting them plundered also. The only buildings that cost resources to produce items are goods buildings and you should never allow them to get plundered as they have enough times to prevent that.

Pvp is part of the game and if you do not care for getting attacked and a person being rewarded for it then this game may not be for those players. As with many innogames this can be a issue but this is probably the game with the smallest damage another player can cause to others.

Plain and simple plunder is not abuse but a part of the game.

In order for you to make nothing then unless you are just starting out you should have over 20 buildings easy between houses / production buildings / good buildings.

If you leave a weak defense like that then people can plunder you any time in 24 hours after defeating a weak defense and you will only let more people that normally cannot defeat you be able to use you as a farm that much easier. You can either choose to use as strong a defense as you can to limit your damage or simply be a farm for most of your neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1032

While I don't especially like getting plundered, I find that I don't really mind it when it does happen. The damage is small, and usually it was due to me not logging in for a long time. While I don't like getting my goods getting plundered, I do realize that I'll get those back in a few hours again.

Since PvP is part of the game, a part that I like very much, and plundering sort of comes with that, here are some tips on how to prevent other players from getting their little grabby hands on my coins/supplies/goods...

Coins: Use buildings that have 4 or 8 hour production periods. But since I have a lot of houses (I need a lot of population), if one building gets robbed, I really don't care.

Supplies: When online, use 5 minute, 15 minute, or 1 hour production periods. If I leave the computer to do my own thing, I usually set a little timer to go off and that reminds me that I need to check on my supplies. When going to work or to sleep, use the 8 hour production period. Works like a charm - I set it for 8 hours, go to bed, wake up, my supplies are almost ready.

Goods: Keep your grabby hands off my goodies! :-)
Just in case someone doesn't, I do the same as with my supplies. I set an 8 hour production before going to sleep, or before going to work. If I know I'll be online more often, I set it to 4 hour production period.

Also, and this applies to both supplies and to goods, if I know I won't be around for a day or two, I collect all my supplies and all my goods, and leave my buildings idle until I get back to the game.

All that said, I think that the best deterrent would be to have a strong defense. With zero defense, attackers don't risk anything (they're not loosing any troops), and they get to plunder. With strong defense, they loose troops (which are expensive and take time to train), so even if they get some loot, it is no reward at all when compared to being out of action for hours due to heavy troop losses.

DeletedUser

Goods: Keep your grabby hands off my goodies! :-)
Just in case someone doesn't, I do the same as with my supplies. I set an 8 hour production before going to sleep, or before going to work. If I know I'll be online more often, I set it to 4 hour production period.

You can set it to 8 hours instead of 4 when you can as it's the same amount of goods per hour unlike with longer timers.

DeletedUser1032

@ Chompman

Yeah, I know, mate. But sometimes by the time I get around to my city, I'm sort of limited by time I got left before going to work. So if I'm supposed to leave in five or six hours, I just set my production to 4 hour period, collect my goodies, than reset to 8 hours just before leaving.

DeletedUser

...All that said, I think that the best deterrent would be to have a strong defense. With zero defense, attackers don't risk anything (they're not loosing any troops), and they get to plunder. With strong defense, they loose troops (which are expensive and take time to train), so even if they get some loot, it is no reward at all when compared to being out of action for hours due to heavy troop losses.
Agree with this, and it makes me less likely to plunder because I get some decent tower points, hopefully anyway :rolleyes: I'd rather do one good attack than 10+ annoying 2 spear ones, I don't even mind the rebuild time just part of it

You can set it to 8 hours instead of 4 when you can as it's the same amount of goods per hour unlike with longer timers.
@ Chompman

Yeah, I know, mate. But sometimes by the time I get around to my city, I'm sort of limited by time I got left before going to work. So if I'm supposed to leave in five or six hours, I just set my production to 4 hour period, collect my goodies, than reset to 8 hours just before leaving.
If you can set it to 4 you only lose half the amount if you 'accidentally' get plundered :p

DeletedUser3993

Most PVP games have some kind of limits to how far down the food chain you can reach to plunder lower ranked players, this is the only fair way, and it would be easy for devs to set up, my suggestion is "once you reach an age, you cannot plunder a player of a lower age" because it is obvious some people have zero sense of sportsmanship and simply play to destroy every one and everything weaker than them in their path, they will NEVER do the right thing if given the option, it needs to be forced on the unsportsman like player.

Devs, create a level playing field, or you risk having a game which favors only those who start early, because lets face it there is not much option to advance at a better rate due to clever play, all players are locked into a speed of advance governed by the game AI, low age armies simply cannot compete with high age armies, flat, no matter how clever you are, it simply becomes a game of time...first in best player, come late? be prepared to be raped by higher ranked players, there MUST be some control of this before this game goes prime time because this is a major flaw in the game so far.

DeletedUser1032

Most PVP games have some kind of limits to how far down the food chain you can reach to plunder lower ranked players, this is the only fair way, and it would be easy for devs to set up, my suggestion is "once you reach an age, you cannot plunder a player of a lower age"...

Good point, but I would suggest that whatever your age, you can plunder other players who are either higher age than you, equal age as you, or one age lower than you. The reason for that is that once you reach a new age, it does take some time to research and build new units of that age. Meaning that once you reach a new age, you are still stuck with the units from previous age, until you spend the time and resources researching and building new ones of the age you just reached.
If we look at your proposal, once I reach a new age, I'm still stuck with my old units from previous age, which means I can't really compete with any of the players of my own age who already established the units of that particular age.
From my own experience from other games, most allow to attack players who are of lower level, but only to a certain extent.

DeletedUser503

Your defence depends also if you want to win PvP. No defence (two spears) means attacker only gets 240points. If you tie up your resources and goods, all you lose is some gold.

DeletedUser

Chompman I think don't you quite get Mamacat's point. There is a lack of criteria and not enough drawbacks on the range of players you can plunder. I also engage in PVP and Plundering and I must say I am really surprised at the fact that I can plunder who ever I want and whenever . After playing for a while when I first started out I decided to test the PVP option and I scrolled down the list for the lowest rank player to engage with. If you are newb on your first two days and getting spam with attack logs from players you deem to be much higher then yea your are not going enjoy your early experiences. I know it does not have much impact but it would be demoralising. In another context what if lower levels has free plunder on your resources because your a high level and no consequences for them . I am sure after a while there will be a lot posting their complaints and a lot would refuse to accept all because "its part of the game" Imagine if Chat was introduce I can see eventually low level annoying a higher level for whatever reason. That player will be motivated to try to plunder bully the low level into oblivion.

Games with PVP content tend to place some limitation between players of different levels. If you are a player (me too) that enjoys PVP aspect a lot then this is a PVP dream and if the PvP content began to have more of an impact on the game then this is PvP heaven for sure.

I personally see the PVP balance enough to attack anyone at moment, maybe not right thing to do depending on your perspective.

PS This is not a complaint just telling it how I see it.:cool:

DD

DeletedUser503

On Tribal Wars, the bigger the player, the greater the degradation of his forces before he attacks a smaller player. This helps to some extent, but all a big player has to do is keep pounding away and will win by superior resource. TW also has a night period where defence is enhanced. this curtails the worst excesses of players from a different time zone having a field day whilst you're snoring the night away.
The problem here is big players raiding new players with one resource and five huts. A few hits from the top twenty will annihilate his ability to grow.
This could get worse if a Guild on one continent has a lot of members. They could attack a player in waves, particularly if the defence dies as well, (as we are to expect will happen in the upgrade), all of a sudden we are playing Tribal Wars with a bit of trading thrown in, ie. yet another boring battle game.

worried of Albert Village

DeletedUser1081

They could attack a player in waves, particularly if the defence dies as well, (as we are to expect will happen in the upgrade), all of a sudden we are playing Tribal Wars with a bit of trading thrown in, ie. yet another boring battle game. worried of Albert Village

Dear Worried: Don't be! You misinterpeted a typo in the changelog. Nothing like that is going to be introduced in the 0.13 update.

DeletedUser

If you are newb on your first two days and getting spam with attack logs from players you deem to be much higher then yea your are not going enjoy your early experiences.

This does not happen as the merge prevents you from being with players like that as the merge uses the average of your neighborhood thus you should be placed in a neighborhood with around the same players your original neighborhood was after all the inactives go away.

If however you were very inactive for a long time and come back to a stronger neighborhood like that after a few merges then there is not much you can do for awhile until you advance in higher ages as you did not keep up and that is fair as most innogames are like that.

So you can either take the time to grow bigger while getting attacked and some resources stolen or if you cannot handle having that happen then try a newer server but if you keep going inactive that will keep happening.

You can also use diamonds to help speed up your gameplay if you so wish.

But unlike those others where you can loose your entire city or get destroyed over and over this game is very minor in the resources you can get stolen and if you play smart you can prevent 90% of them from getting touched.

You can't expect to play a game with pvp and have equal footing with others that are more active as that is not how pvp generally is.

DeletedUser

More active players have much higher level than higher ones less active. (unless you can spend a lot) Majority of PVP games don't allowed higher levels to have equal footing in the PVP match ups of the game area which is what I am talking about, not the game as a whole. More active give you better economy and resources (depending on the type of game) than less active that is too be expected.

I am number 1 in my neighbourhood and I plundered for xp gold and resources over most on the list and I am not the only one. The difference between number 1 and 60 and number and 10 even.. :D

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.