• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Occupy (alternative to Plunder)

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
If there's nothing to Plunder, you can Occupy defender's building until it finishes production

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No.

Reason:
I hope I'll make it clear in the Details, but there are 2 reasons:
1. abolish 24h window for plundering
2. motivate players to keep troops in defense (no more 2 spearfighters for active players)

Details:
- after you win a PvP battle, you get two options:
a) Plunder - no change (but it must be chosen immediately, explanations follows)
b) Occupy - the sign (waving flag or something like that) should appear over all buildings that are currently producing (finished production is only for Plundering)
- if you chose to occupy, all your surviving units are automatically placed in the defense of that building where they will stay as long as that building is in production
- after the building finishes production cycle, your units return to you along with occupied building's production
- for the duration of occupation, you can't use those units against other players (they don't appear in your inventory), and they don't get healed

- IMPORTANT - after the battle you must chose immediately weather you want to plunder or occupy, if you chose "back to city" you lose both options for 24 hours,
- if you occupy a goods building, and the cycle lasts more than 24 hours, you can attack that player with another set of units after 24h, and then chose to plunder or occupy any other available building
- this also applies to all other attackers, once a building is occupied it cannot be occupied again (or plundered) until the production cycle finishes (or the building is liberated)
- also, attacker must not know how much time remains in the production cycle of occupied building and you cannot retreat from occupation.

Options for the defender
- defender gets a window to liberate his occupied building
- this window lasts as long as the production cycle isn't finished
- PvP rules apply (liberator as the attacker (controls troops, loses troops, gains PvP points *EDIT), occupier as the defender (troops don't lose any more health)).
- if the liberation is successful, occupier will get his troops back (with no additional damage) but with no loot, and that building becomes available for occupation (or plunder) to all other attackers.
- GB bonuses should apply normally (even though the liberator is the attacker, he should only get his bonuses from defensive GBs (because it's his town), and vice versa)

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
no significant changes to game mechanics, only to player strategies

Abuse Prevention:
*EDIT - byeordie - points gained for successful liberation, valid point, should not apply

Summary:
as stated, 24h window for plundering is unrealistic, but since the ability to collect on time is one of the most important features of this game, I hope that with this option I provided a viable alternative.
also, I think with this the troops in defense are becoming a must, because it will be very important to do as much damage as possible to your attacker in order to give yourself a better chance liberate your production.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

One question as I'm in a hurry (may make an opinion later): What would happen if the game crashed during battle after clicking finish automatically? (Normally, if you refresh the page, it will go back to your city, but you gain the PvP points and the plunder option, but the screen will not show up).

-1 on the option the gain points from liberation. It could easily be abused with friends in neighborhoods by getting through a 2-spear defense and putting easy units to kill (I guess 4 rifleman)

DeletedUser2029

One question as I'm in a hurry (may make an opinion later): What would happen if the game crashed during battle after clicking finish automatically? (Normally, if you refresh the page, it will go back to your city, but you gain the PvP points and the plunder option, but the screen will not show up).

Intentional crash (refresh) as an abuse? Make the confirmation of battle results mandatory and then you're led to "plunder" screen.

your second point integrated in the "abuse prevention" section.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but I'll give this a "-1" mainly because:

• We have a way too tiny army. For each building I occupy I'll get 8 units less, that represents 2 military buildings. 18 military buildings would just allow you to occupy 9 buildings, and then you wouldn't have any units left untill the production is done.

• This will absolutely kill plundering. This suggestion will make it even harder to successfully plunder something of worth. Also, leaving 8 units unaviable to just get some goods, supplies or coins is absolutely not worth it.

If you want to attract defenders to use a real defensive army and not 2 spearfighters, I think a much better solution would be to give the defender:

- Global ranking points for killed units.
- Tournament ranking points for killed units.
- Better defensive possibilities, e.g boost to both Attack & Defense, smarter AI etc.

DeletedUser2029

I'm sorry, but I'll give this a "-1" mainly because:

• We have a way too tiny army. For each building I occupy I'll get 8 units less, that represents 2 military buildings. 18 military buildings would just allow you to occupy 9 buildings, and then you wouldn't have any units left untill the production is done.

• This will absolutely kill plundering. This suggestion will make it even harder to successfully plunder something of worth. Also, leaving 8 units unaviable to just get some goods, supplies or coins is absolutely not worth it.

All valid points and since none of them are technically abuse, there's no point in arguing. Agree to disagree.

If you want to attract defenders to use a real defensive army and not 2 spearfighters, I think a much better solution would be to give the defender:

- Global ranking points for killed units.
- Tournament ranking points for killed units

This is an old wish, it's been discussed to death and the main reason "why not" is that the defender does not control his own army. If you've found a way to work around this problem, do tell...