• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Obs , events ?

it would be a good idea for new worlds,you are better posting it in here,the total waste of time is the ideas threads imo,as every idea has been posted before

I own two guilds and I usually can only recruit newbies because they are the only ones that dont have guilds yet. What I find is that they dont understand how a guild works. They dont see me pay to open the GE levels and in other services. They have no clue what being in a guild is about so they dont know that they should support the treasury and why they would need an observatory in the first place.

There needs to be a quest of some kind in the tech tree before they can unlock guilds to teach them all about guilds and how they work and at the end provide them with the BPs to build an obs just like there is a quest for the oracle. in short prepare them for a guild.

Its very hard to convince a newbie to get an obs that doesnt benefit them in any way and they feel like you are trying to take advantage of them somehow...then they are not ready and we have an extra strain on the treasury to pay for them.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Maybe if they’re not prepared to contribute to a guild or understand the guild treasury then maybe they’re not sort of player you really want to be a part of your guild, Would you expect them to build an obs in your no gb world also? Good idea to introduce it like the oracle during Iron Age and maybe into Early Middle age tech tree :)

Maybe if they’re not prepared to contribute to a guild or understand the guild treasury then maybe they’re not sort of player you really want to be a part of your guild, Would you expect them to build an obs in your no gb world also? Good idea to introduce it like the oracle during Iron Age and maybe into Early Middle age tech tree :)
we were all newbies once, dont forget that. I too had no idea how guilds worked in the begining , nobody explained it to me and I thought it was an ugly building and didnt want one. dont tell me you knew how to play before you even started here?
The city I have no BGs in is not my guild and to facilitate things I will be getting an obs. 4 bps to go.
No the idea is for it to be like a quest so you finish it before you even unlock guild tech. so you are ready and dont become a burdon on the guild you join.

Agent327

Overlord
I own two guilds and I usually can only recruit newbies because they are the only ones that dont have guilds yet. What I find is that they dont understand how a guild works. They dont see me pay to open the GE levels and in other services. They have no clue what being in a guild is about so they dont know that they should support the treasury and why they would need an observatory in the first place.

There needs to be a quest of some kind in the tech tree before they can unlock guilds to teach them all about guilds and how they work and at the end provide them with the BPs to build an obs just like there is a quest for the oracle. in short prepare them for a guild.

Its very hard to convince a newbie to get an obs that doesnt benefit them in any way and they feel like you are trying to take advantage of them somehow...then they are not ready and we have an extra strain on the treasury to pay for them.

It's up to you to teach and convince them. If you can't you shouldn't run a Guild. It is stupid to ask Inno to do it for you.

Shad23

Emperor
the idea is for it to be like a quest so you finish it before you even unlock guild tech. so you are ready and dont become a burdon on the guild you join.
now that would be a great idea a quest like a tutorial to explain how it works and why not a tutorial on how swaps work while your at it lol stoped accepting new bees cause they don't know how swaps work kicked a few out for not paying eaven after being explained to how swaps work

now that would be a great idea a quest like a tutorial to explain how it works and why not a tutorial on how swaps work while your at it lol stoped accepting new bees cause they don't know how swaps work kicked a few out for not paying eaven after being explained to how swaps work
yup same here. It sure would make things easier for all.

DeletedUser111359

At this point with the one guild I founded, I don't bother insisting on Obs anymore. I say that there's a weekly donation required, but I don't check at all. The treasury is awash in extra goods now, and we have a critical mass of Arc's such that it should be good for a long, long time. When we get noobs, I'll often gift them a one time 100 IA/EMA for 100 IndA trade that they can trade back down to their era to make sure they are off and running successfully. I want them to succeed, and be with us for the long haul.

Camerlottoo

Private
It really is the job of the Guild leaders to teach new players these things. How else do you learn?? Then the cycle continues. The fact that you all use abbrev. in here is point in case. How do new players learn to play without explanations in game. If its made like a tutorial again it will be glossed over by most as they Just Want To Play The Game. Maybe guilds need to put it on their description if they cannot be bothered to help out new players, and therefore have no interst in the expansion of the game!

It really is the job of the Guild leaders to teach new players these things.
I do the best I can. I even have a questions and answers thread explaining everything.. I constantly ask them if they need help, goods etc. But just because you bring a donkey to drink doesnt mean he will do so.

Agent327

Overlord
I do the best I can. I even have a questions and answers thread explaining everything.. I constantly ask them if they need help, goods etc. But just because you bring a donkey to drink doesnt mean he will do so.

But if someone else brings him to drink he will??? :?

DeletedUser110131

Make it a side-quest, with an accompanying badge. That way, players won't have to do it, but guild leaders will have a way to check if they've done it.

It's actually very easy: "Providing everyone with access to GE, GBG, and/or GvG costs the guild resources. It's important that everyone contributes. Building an Obs is essential. If you don't, I'll have no choice but to kick you. Without building an Obs, you'll also have difficulty finding any other guild that will have you."

It's up to you to teach and convince them. If you can't you shouldn't run a Guild.
Very true. The cost of accepting n00bs is that you have to train them. If you can't, then you're a n00b at running guilds, and should focus on learning, rather than complaining. A good way is to be an active member in an established guild, take on tasks there, and learn from more experienced guild leaders. Also, the attitude that "I own guilds" isn't particularly constructive. The guild exists for the benefit of all members, and that's why everyone should contribute.

It is stupid to ask Inno to do it for you.
No, it's not. A quest is a good idea. It's not necessary, but it would be helpful.

But if someone else brings him to drink he will???
Someone else may be better equipped to force or entice the donkey to drink. In-game, the game developers are essentially God. They're pretty damn well equipped for it.

Last edited by a moderator: