• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

non diamonds vs diamonds

DeletedUser276

Since there is always going to be non diamond buyers complaining that people who spend money have an unfair advantage I figure I would open this thread just so I have an excuse to sit on people who bring other threads off topic with this discussion. mmmmm sitting.

Try not to get too aggressive in here and remember the forum rules. If things get a bit carried away sitting will happen in here too :)

DeletedUser11098

i suggest an entrance fee to the server or at least one diamond free server to make things balanced and fair

now i won't mention specific benefits of diamond usage, but the advantage for such users is just to great

DeletedUser7719

I just think GBs are a huge advantage compared to other premium features

DeletedUser276

i suggest an entrance fee to the server or at least one diamond free server to make things balanced and fair

now i won't mention specific benefits of diamond usage, but the advantage for such users is just to great

so you suggest we create a server that makes no money and is actually a drain on company resources? That would be like walking up to a car dealership and asking for a free car since its not fair that others who pay get a car.

or your other point of having an entrance fee.... like the car dealership saying you gotta pay 20 euros to browse through their cars to figure out if you want to buy them.

DeletedUser11098

your comparison isn't quite accurate

out of all the servers innogames has, counting from all the way in tribal wars and continuing throughout forge of empire and beyond as time passes by, at least 1 server could be premium free and balanced out. i doubt the company is in financial breakdown not being able to give players something like that

maybe you heard about offers in the shop like: ''buy 5, pay for 4'' although it's quite working specially over gullible customers because such company makes a profit in the end even if 1 product is ''free of charge''

as for the car, i don't have it. that's why i walk to a place where i work. i don't even spend for the gas but i do make it in time just like drivers do :) the only bad thing is that i have to go a earlier, but not a problem to me

DeletedUser8813

i have bought diamonds.
what advantage did i get..
i bought culteral buildings for happiness,saved a few blocks of space.
i bought resource buildings,i get a bit better return from them.
i bought houses,better returns more population.
a couple of expansions.
this does give me a slight advantage.i agree..but no where near the advantage most whinge about.
now if i could by military then there would be something to complain about.
i have 2 great buildings,but i worked for the bulk of both them ,like everyone else i polished and motivated and donated forge points.i think i bought a piece.and the goods to put them up.but my neighborhood is benefiting from them as they are getting the blueprints for there own.(as i feel the quickest way to get your own is to donat your forge points i got a lot more blueprints this way)
and if no one paid do you really think this game would survive with just the free players..think about it..

so yes i do benefit but it is so minimal its not worth the drama.

DeletedUser276

your comparison isn't quite accurate

out of all the servers innogames has, counting from all the way in tribal wars and continuing throughout forge of empire and beyond as time passes by, at least 1 server could be premium free and balanced out

Aye and car dealerships can give out a free car to every 1000 customers... they dont. Thats business.

i doubt the company is in financial breakdown not being able to give players something like that

True Inno makes a fair deal.... but so do car dealerships. (I love car dealership analogy :P )

maybe you heard about offers in the shop like: ''buy 5, pay for 4'' although it's quite working specially over gullible customers because such company makes a profit in the end even if 1 product is ''free of charge''

true and we do offer specials on diamonds at times...

as for the car, i don't have it. that's why i walk to a place where i work. i don't even spend for the gas but i do make it in time just like drivers do :) the only bad thing is that i have to go a earlier, but not a problem to me

thats your decision though. Walking isnt for everyone. Some people feel like they need to spend a bit more time to save money. Thats fine. Really the only thing diamonds do for you ingame is save you time.

DeletedUser3707

I'M OFFENDED BY PEOPLE WHO LOG IN MORE THAN ONCE A DAY! THEY GET AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE! RABBLERABBLERABBLE!

I don't buy diamonds, mainly because I'm a poor person. Users who moan about a legitimate part of the community, are the worst part of the community. They have no argument; they're just bored, or need to find an outlet for why they're so bad at the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Of course, the whole ranting about people paying for diamonds and being unstoppable falls down as soon as I mention FREE diamonds... do some surveys, disaster averted.

Belcher

Corporal
I'm sure I've spent thousands of dollars over the years buying PC games. This is no different, and developers of an addicting game (Forge of Empires is addicting, ain't it?) deserve some form of financial consideration for the effort they put into programming and hosting the game for us.

If you can afford to, then making a donation is certainly a good idea to encourage them to continue. Of course then you wind up with diamonds that you need to do something with. Dreadful!!!

Or, you can just spend money on diamonds and I'm sure the programmers won't mind the spin off effect they get to enjoy.

Those who can't afford to donate still get to play a full featured game. Even the GBs aren't inaccessible, they're just a lot harder to get. They even get diamonds through various quests.

The non-paying players are just as important to the game and community as the paying players. They are our neighbours, our guildmates and possibly our friends (or foes). They help in trading, polishing, motivating and all the other good stuff that takes numerous people to bring to the game.

Without the "diamond" players, the non-diamond players would be without a game to play. Without the non-diamond players, the diamond guys and gals would get pretty lonely. We need each other. Group hug.

DeletedUser4800

This. If it isn't for the GB with the way they are allowed to be purchased with diamonds, the game is fairly balanced.

I'm more worried about the non diamond Gambriel house that is even better than most diamond houses and yet its free and cheap and easily available.

DeletedUser7137

I'm more worried about the non diamond Gambriel house that is even better than most diamond houses and yet its free and cheap and easily available.

Why would you worry about a free feature? Everyone can get it if they need it. Getting a good house like that for free is surely a good thing. Right? Or am I missing something?

DeletedUser

i'm bored enough to post here. taking another Inno game "The West", most of the worlds there are full on premium and the buying of skill points means premium players can basically farm anybody non-premium they want. the original world, World 1 or Classic, is non-skill point premium - it has other premium features but is more levelled and harder to play. there is a great deal of hatred reserved for "credit card cowboys*" who buy skill points rather than learn to actually play the game (including premium players who despise the skill point buyers).

i know i should put this idea into suggestions, but here it is now, in pre-RFD stage. Why not roll out a smaller "hardcore" server? turn on premium buildings and maybe barracks extension & troop repair/healing. TURN OFF all forge point buying, instant quest completion, instant resource buying, instant tech advance, instant EVERYTHING which is basically a shortcut to avoid actually playing the game. that is what i mean by Hardcore. you would have a server which still earned diamonds, they would be removed from random quest rewards for starters. Inno would have a (admittedly lower) revenue stream from it.

. . . but it would be a perfect place to send all the players who endlessly complain about diamond players - "don't like premium players? - go play on CLASSIC, and don't come back whining about how difficult** it is!".

all problems solved instantly, aren't i a clever girl, now give me your cookies and i'll let you live.

tracey
nice but not normal

* - i could say "cowgirls" as well as "cowboys", but where i come from, "cowgirl" has a different meaning. :)

** - hardcore would mean "HARD" too. mind-numbingly difficult. defending armies should automatically have two bonus units as "garrison" to make the AI almost unbeatable. forge point advance on the tech tree should cost double. more later, and i will put it in suggestions LATER, go wave your moderator wand somewhere else already.

DeletedUser3157

Then we would just have moderate diamond-using players having problems with massive diamond-users who outspend them. There really is no cap to spending here, so :P

Btw no idea why Blacksmith of all people created this thread though. I am sick to death about diamond talk and I gotta wonder he must be worse. But I quess I'm gonna it still give a quick go on it and hopefully this will be my last post in this thread.

I think diamonds or any other pay2win(advanatage) feature in any online game is just a case of walking the line. You want diamond features be good enough that people would actually use them, but not too powerful to make the game bad. Forge Of Empires either has not heard of this line or knows from calculations/experience that it is much more profiteble always crossing that line. This is my personal opinion as a 11 year veteran and rather hardcore player of online games. I am not some kind of anti-diamond purist, I'm not really anti-diamond at all. I just want my games to be good. And yes I know there are games much worse out there regarding paid features, but I find that poor excuse. This is my mindset on this, although I know it might be too old-school to actually be correct in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What does an XBox game cost these days? $60 USD or thereabouts, right? How many of the people who shriek about not having money to buy diamonds have bought an Xbox or Playstation game in the last six weeks? Most of them, I bet. So it's not true that you don't have the money. It's just that you choose to spend it elsewhere. And that's fine. We can all make choices about how we want to spend our money. But it seems silly to then turn around and feel ill-used by someone who made a different choice than you did.

Too, what's up with people thinking that if it's on the internet you shouldn't have to pay for it? People who create content are real people with real expenses just like the people who consume that content.

If we like the product Innogames has produced enough to play it every day, we ought to be willing to fork over some money.

DeletedUser

This. If it isn't for the GB with the way they are allowed to be purchased with diamonds, the game is fairly balanced.

Let me just point out that Premium players must pay buckets of cash if they want to get the 'unfair advantage' that is suggested they get, regarding GBs.
Just take a look over here for actual prices and see how you should first do the maths before bashing on them: Click me

As for the Gambriel Houses; you've got a seperate thread on that already. Personally I don't see the connection with the premium users VS non-premium users topic, but perhaps I am missing something and request you enlighten me.
If an 'overpowered' building is available to every player in the game for no costs or fees, what's the problem? See it as a gift for reaching end-game.

I think that the game is balanced enough, and the prices for Diamonds are reasonable for the advantage they give.
Why would you pay real money to purchase game credits for some premium buildings, if they barely make a difference.
Please be aware these people pay for their advantages.
And it's not like they get an instant-win button. They still need to actively play the game to actually benefit from the advantages they bought.

- L

DeletedUser4800

Let me just point out that Premium players must pay buckets of cash if they want to get the 'unfair advantage' that is suggested they get, regarding GBs.
Just take a look over here for actual prices and see how you should first do the maths before bashing on them: Click me

As for the Gambriel Houses; you've got a seperate thread on that already. Personally I don't see the connection with the premium users VS non-premium users topic, but perhaps I am missing something and request you enlighten me.
If an 'overpowered' building is available to every player in the game for no costs or fees, what's the problem? See it as a gift for reaching end-game.

I think that the game is balanced enough, and the prices for Diamonds are reasonable for the advantage they give.
Why would you pay real money to purchase game credits for some premium buildings, if they barely make a difference.
Please be aware these people pay for their advantages.
And it's not like they get an instant-win button. They still need to actively play the game to actually benefit from the advantages they bought.

- L

I'm very close to blasting you with insults. How about it costs 1600 diamonds to get a GB? Don't freaking calculate buying FP with diamonds, that is just retarded. You just buy the building with diamonds and then all your neighbours and guild members build it for you while you keep your forge points to yourself and gain an even bigger advantage over the fools, than you would have otherwise had by just buying the great building.

So for the price of 1600 diamonds, $25 dollars if I remember correctly you gain DOUBLE advantage over non diamond players, and for UNLIMITED amount of time. At least houses or supply buildings or culture buildings have an expiration life, they are not useful over 2 ages and you are better off replacing them, with great buildings for measely 1600 diamonds you gain a DOUBLE advantage forever.

DeletedUser

Btw no idea why Blacksmith of all people created this thread though. I am sick to death about diamond talk and I gotta wonder he must be worse.

I haven't crack-opened Black's brain (yet), but i assume that since every thread turns into a diamond-player-bashing and moaning, he created this hoping the other threads will remain on topic.

So for the price of 1600 diamonds, $25 dollars if I remember correctly you gain DOUBLE advantage over non diamond players, and for UNLIMITED amount of time.

Sounds like a great deal. Why don't you pay for a GB?

DeletedUser276

I haven't crack-opened Black's brain (yet), but i assume that since every thread turns into a diamond-player-bashing and moaning, he created this hoping the other threads will remain on topic.

Yes thats pretty much it. Now I can or mods can sweep diamond debates in here rather than have them messing up the entire forums when they are usually made by the same 3-4 players. Hopefully the debate will get pretty old for them and repetitive in here so they can see what I see :D

DeletedUser4800

Sounds like a great deal. Why don't you pay for a GB?

Don't have a CC and there are no other payment options for me in my country.