• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: No polishing given through Aid button

DeletedUser98251

Hello everyone :-)

• World: EN7 Greifental
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 42
  • Overview of the bug: Since update 1.64, I have found several times in the events section that people aided me, "but there was nothing to motivate or polish" while at the same time all of my cultural buildings were waiting to get polished. It seems Aid button leads to motivating production buildings, but as soon as all production buildings are done, it stops there instead of polishing cultural buildings. In the 1.64 update announcement, it was mentioned that "Some optimization work has been done to improve the performance of the "Aid" feature" so I wonder if improving the performance actually led to have cultural buildings forgotten... This is frustrating as therefore most of the time my people are unhappy.
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: several times since implementation of 1.64.
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary: Cultural buildings not polished eventhough all production buildings are motivated and people keep using Aid button on my city several times - game considers there is no more building to polish or motivate.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
I doubt it comes from my side lol

Thanks all and enjoy your day :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98251

A little precision: it seems it happens only if i'm not connected to the game. If I'm online, polishing takes place like motivating.

DeletedUser16126

I encountered the same issue a few days agoo and reported it via the ingame support.
Then after a night I saw that none of my culture buildings were polished, and an aiding from a visitor indicated nothing to polish/motivate, while the last 12 hours before this notification only 2 were polished.
reported my issue on : 2015-11-13 10:38:48

DeletedUser16026

Apologies for the late response, this has been reported to the developers. It's currently under FOE-30547, together with the 'double motivation for Shrines' matter (though that behavior seems to have stopped and only occurred right after the update).

Most likely this was caused due to the Aid performance changes.

ETA: Moved under FOE-30886

DeletedUser108167

Still going on (Greifental). Thought it was cleared up when it happened on beta?!?

DeletedUser16026

We've had our last game update for the year and none are planed during the holiday period. At the moment we do not know when the next game update will take place but hopefully this will be resolved with that update.

DeletedUser103740

Same problem (no cultural buildings polished) happens to me often... really getting frustrated.

DeletedUser12400

Majority of my premium cultural buildings across 14 worlds are not polished :(

Japphur

Private
Can I query whether this bug is actually fixed, or if it's recurred? I have noticed very limited 'happiness' in recent weeks, compared to what I used to get (and I am part of guild), and it seems to be coming from a lack of polishing of cultural buildings - on analysis, I currently have 8 urban trees, two water towers and a newspaper stand polished, but my city park, publishing house etc also from the prog era, are being ignored.

Does this bug fix need a revisit?

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

Can I query whether this bug is actually fixed, or if it's recurred? I have noticed very limited 'happiness' in recent weeks, compared to what I used to get (and I am part of guild), and it seems to be coming from a lack of polishing of cultural buildings - on analysis, I currently have 8 urban trees, two water towers and a newspaper stand polished, but my city park, publishing house etc also from the prog era, are being ignored.

Does this bug fix need a revisit?
It's been fixed and that's what happens when you have decorations.

Last edited by a moderator: