• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Rules discussions

DeletedUser

Can you post a Changelog for the rules?

I know things have changed but I don't know exactly what was there previously to know what is new.

DeletedUser6965

Can you post a Changelog for the rules?

I know things have changed but I don't know exactly what was there previously to know what is new.

I guess the only big change are the rules for Chat ;) and a sentence about pushing
Do not create trades in any form (Goods, Forge Points etc) that involve multiple worlds.

DeletedUser

Would be nice to know for certain rather than just guessing :)

DeletedUser276

lol well I merged 2 rules into rule 8 (fair play) . which negated rule 8 and made it rule 7.

I clarified link usage and included chat in the communication rule. I also expanded the new rule 7 to include push accounts and multi accounting. (though this is still connected a bit to rule 1. Also added were if you see someone you think is breaking the rules you report them and how to do it.

Shared connection was merged with rule 1.

Guild forums, pm's and all communication in game must be in English was added. Before it was just blanket... its still blanket but more clearer.

the rest I mostly just reworded some sentences to make the rules more clear. There really are no BIG changes other than what I mentioned. Mostly this was just a clarification.

Rule 7 push accounts I worded to prepare it for coding fixes for push accounts thats coming in the future.

DeletedUser6974

in the 2) Communication and chat section,
so you are saying it is ok to jump on the new players that haven't got the hang of the game yet as long as appropriate language is used??
hmmmmm...ok...interesting.

second item in the example section;
"It is allowed to refer to a player as a beginner (noob) and to criticize their way of playing using appropriate language."

that will make them feel welcome for sure

DeletedUser11375

i think the chat has helped noobs learn faster by getting constructive criticism, which cannot be a bad thing imo

DeletedUser6974

sure you can help out a new player but why insult them by calling them a "noob" ?
"noob" is an insult, a derogatory term, if you need to call them a name call them a "newb" or a "newbie" but why call them anything? if you want to help just help them.
as the saying goes,... "nobody likes a critic"... you dont need to criticize to offer suggestions and to teach others what you have learned. Teachers dont help their students by criticizing and insulting them, they teach them.

per the definitions found on the web:

a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing.
Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn.
n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it. Noobs are usually annoying and thought of as excessively stupid.
Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are simply inexperienced players that are trying to learn and strive to become better.

with this being such a multi-language, multi-country, multi-culture game site any comment can be taken as a personal insult.
in my old guild, a player referred to another players city as "looking like a candy store exploded" because of all the decorations they had scattered around. This simple comment was taken as such an insult by the second player that a very heated argument erupted and ended up with the first player leaving the guild over it.

so i'm just saying that the rule should be something like
"It is allowed to refer to a new player as a beginner or a newbie and to offer suggestions for improving their game play using appropriate language."

help them by helping them, don't bash them by insulting them then expect them to be all ears listening to what you want to teach them.

DeletedUser9070

^
You are confusing one thing, it was never intended to represent how the staff view new players as being "noobs" but more of a language rule that they allow players calling a new player "noob" as long as they used appropriate language for it.

Edit: actually "noobs" nowadays is used for a player that isn't very good with the game, that he has the skill of a new player even if long term player. All the rule stated was that it was allowed but hardly encouraged.
Personally "noob" or "newbie" is the same thing, its perceived differently depending on the situation, as I said if its a new player than it really makes no difference because he's that, a newbie or a noob, noob here is just a variation of the word to make it sound cooler.
Now if the player is fairly advanced through the game but is not very good at it, he might be called a noob or even a newbie and that would an insult.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are simply inexperienced players that are trying to learn and strive to become better.

Your arguing semantics mate. Thats like the word bugger. Where I am from it means small annoyance. In England it means something completely different. If we had rules that covered every culture in every society we would be so strict on this game that there would be no room for leeway in any shape or form.

with this being such a multi-language, multi-country, multi-culture game site any comment can be taken as a personal insult.

See... you hit the hammer on the head.

The main thing is there is something called PNP or Politics and Propaganda. Where you make fun of the persons game play skills but DO NOT make fun of them as a person or individual in real life. Thats why appropriate language was phrased in there. Helping people is one thing... Its not a guideline though that we have to insult people when we are helping them.

Using common sense is awesome. Though if the player takes it too far and cant seem to use their common sense..... I have awesome staff that are more than willing to use their common sense in place of the persons.

Belcher

Corporal
Using any profanity, insulting language, or being abusive towards any staff member in the support system is grounds for a permanent ban.

You might want to consider adding a statement regarding methods people use to sidestep the dirty word filters, for example using periods between letters in a bad w.o.r.d., and extra sp ace and so forth. I've noticed a fair bit of that going on which means they're ignoring the spirit of the rule.