• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: New Great Building Idea: The 'Arc' of the 'Goods' Building

Ever had the clever idea of ditching your previous age goods buildings and doubling down on goods buildings from your current age so that you can trade (unfairly) at 2:1 ratio (in your favour) with players (from lower ages / not as clever as you and) still clinging to obsolete goods buildings?

Well guess what, just about everybody who’s ever played FoE and their baby sister’s - baby sister! - has had the exact same clever idea as you (at one stage or another) but I hate to break it to you, not only is this system utterly broken & unsustainable, it’s downright morally corrupt and just doesn't work!

Here’s why - And yes indeed! - I went ahead and did some numbers crunching and this is what I came up with:

If a player (let’s say) who’s reached Space Age Jupiter, were to take just 20 of each goods type of their age and trade them down - one age at a time, doubling them over each step of the way, till the goods reach the Bronze Age, have you ever considered how many (of each) Bronze Age goods they’d end up with?

Well, let’s take a look at the math, shall we?

There are a total of 20 (goods producing / currently playable) ages in the game. So if the player in space Age Jupiter trades 100 goods all the way down to the Bronze Age (doubling over each time) that’s a total of 19 trades. So, one possible equation we’d end up with might look something like this:

(100 X 2^19) ÷ 5 = 52,428,800 ÷ 5 = Giving = 10,485,760 of each type of goods for the Bronze age!

And remember, they only needed to put in 20 of each SAJ goods to come out with 10.5 million of each type of Bronze Age goods - Talk about getting their money’s worth!

Now if working out the math isn’t enough to ruffle the buskined newbie’s feathers - still stuck in the Bronze Age clawing talon and beak, for a whole day to scrape together 40 goods (20 for each boost they have) and 24FP (1 by the hour) 5 of which they will also likely need to waste on the trades (for a meagre 4 of each goods type from an age up in return) - how about trying this one on for size!?

While the destitute newbie (in BA) is chiselling away at the grindstone with nothing but hourly FP and basic buildings to work with - The seasoned (SAJ) player on the other hand has: a, level 100 Arc, CF, ToR, HC, FI, TT, AO, CC, CdM, CoA, Kraken and possibly LoA, GT, ToB - all at least around level 80 and (as there are so very many of them) I’m sure I’ve also forgotten quite a few!

Plus that’s only the GBs, we haven’t even got started on the ‘Event Buildings yet’ - I’ve noticed that many of the late game players have things like: 5 to 20 G Villas, 4 to 8 C Nest’s (& / or P Hideouts), 25 to 50 Wishing Wells and the list goes on and on. Never mind their daily take from GBs, event buildings alone would surely be providing them with goods by the hundreds per day.

Now if this set-up doesn’t define for you the very essence of an apartheid system - I just don’t know what else will!

So, is there anything at all that could help level the playing field for new (/nesting players) in earlier ages of the game?

(and keep in mind, any settlement along these lines would naturally be available to early / late game players alike!)

Taking all of this into consideration, just about the only solution I can come up with is - Yup, you guessed it - a new type of GB, which for all intents and purposes, would function as:

The ‘Arc’ of the ‘goods’ building (with one small twist so it levels the playing field (for early game players) a bit - but - we’ll get to that part later).

So how would this new GB function and what rewards would it give?

Here’s my proposition, the ‘Arc’ of the ‘goods’ building (as I like to call it) would work like this:

- It would boost production of ‘’’ALL’’’ goods buildings in a player’s city by a given % per level, per day (as the Arc does for contributions).

- To keep things fair however, it would work on a basis of inverse proportion from low to high - in other words, it would give highest boost to BA goods buildings and lowest boost to SAJ goods buildings - with goods buildings of each age after BA getting incrementally smaller boosts right up to SAJ which gets the least. Nevertheless, the value of boosts for all ages of goods buildings would start out low and grow progressively with each level attained.

If such a GB were introduced to the game, it would fast become an instant classic and soon become a staple of necessity, a must have - in every players inventory of GBs - just as the Arc is today. Truly making it live up to it’s ‘TBC pending’ moniker, the ‘Arc’ of the ‘Goods’ building.

Thanks for Reading and I look forward to hearing what others think of the suggestion :)

Last edited:
(lol) and I just had another interesting thought, how about making the given boost value divide by 2 for each age up from BA right through to SAJ!

Now that would really put the 'proverbial' shoe, on the other foot! (Haha) :lol:

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest.37648/

What Not To Suggest?

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)
  • Suggestions for new Great Buildings
  • Changes to existing rewards.