• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New event buildings

DeletedUser107348

Why aren't the new buildings in the spring event plunder proof? It would be easy if you have the entire set.

DeletedUser

well they still produce stuff and whatever produces you can plunder,

DeletedUser110131

Because plundering is an important element of the game. Personally, I think the war element is far to weak, and would like to see some real consequences of PvP attacks, both in damage to the looser and rewards for the winner. Since GvG is unavailable to most, the opportunity to plunder is the bare minimum necessary to call it a "strategy game". That means that juicy buildings can't be plunder-proof.

From Inno's perspective, it's about more than just loosing fighting players. The risk of plundering is a major incentive even for non-fighters to put more effort into the game. To avoid becoming the neighborhood punching bag, you have to collect goods on time, develop military technologies, earn and spend tavern silver, have troop buildings, complete quests and events for troops and defense boost, build GBs, and more. All of this pulls players deeper into the game, forces them to set higher ambitions for their city development, and, in the end, makes them more likely to end up buying diamonds. Remove or weaken the incentive to plunder, and the incentive to avoid being plundered also disappears.

Finally, it also makes the game more challenging and exciting for non-fighters. A game without obstacles to overcome, and no unpleasant consequences of slouching, is a very boring game. Of course, for those who never manage to improve their gameplay, a boring game may be preferable, however, you'd be hard pressed to find a game developer who has these as their target group.

DeletedUser110195

You actually don't have to build military buildings to defend yourself, though they help with controlling what units are available for the army. Doing GE can give you all the units you'll ever need.

That said....are all event buildings that produce something plunderable? I don't think I've ever seen the masquerade ball available for plunder, as an example.

DeletedUser110131

You don't have to everything on the list, but you have to do some of the things, and everything can contribute.

The masquerade ball is definitely available for plundering. As far as I know, all event buildings are as "plunderable" as regular buildings. I've certainly plundered plenty of them. What sets the Rose Garden apart is that it can't be polivated, which would give it some protection. In return for that weakness, it has a high production even without polivating. For some, the fact that it doesn't draw polivation away from other buildings will also be a benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

5 FPs, premium building level happiness, coin and supplies production, attack and defense bonus, all in a 5x5 area. It's like taking several of the most useful GBs, squishing them together and voila, garden set. Just make sure you have its collection ready to go when you can be sure you'll be on and you're set. I'm actually quite sad I failed to get it on my main world, but insultingly got it on 3/5 alt worlds.

DeletedUser107348

well they still produce stuff and whatever produces you can plunder,
You can't plunder motivated buildings, such as the hall of fame, so why not these as long as you have the entire set?

DeletedUser110131

why not these as long as you have the entire set?

If you have the full set, the Cherry Garden buildings are extremely good, with only one weakness; no motivation. They have multiple bonuses connected to being a set, in place of motivation bonus, and these add up to a much better total than than standard motivation bonus. Also, it isn't completely without protection from plundering; only three of the buildings can be looted, and only one at a time. In other words, only one fifth of the benefits can be lost at once. The remaining benefits are safe. These strengths are a compensation for the absence of motivation.

It comes down to a choice between weaknesses and strengths; in order for it to be possible to motivate, the Garden would have to be at most half as good when unmotivated, and only one building, so as to be possible to loot all at once, when not motivated. No matter what, the Cherry Garden had to have some weakness(es). When they chose to give it this one weakness, it presumably means that they want to change the balance of the game slightly towards defense/attack. That pleases a lot of players, and not others. As long as they want a game that encourages several different strategies, that'll always be the case. No matter what, some will be pleased, and some won't.

Personally, I'm pleased. If they wanted to please me more, they'd make all buildings vulnerable to plundering, even when motivated. You should be happy that they're not that interested in pleasing players with my strategy.

You're essentially asking for a nerfing of the Garden. Stop that! Instead, sharpen your gameplay slightly, and you'll be very happy with your Garden.

DeletedUser110179

Finally, it also makes the game more challenging and exciting for non-fighters. A game without obstacles to overcome, and no unpleasant consequences of slouching, is a very boring game.
My thoughts exactly ... but can fps be plundered (ie from the Cherry Garden) 仝

DeletedUser110131

Yes, FPs can be plundered, but not from the Town Hall, and motivated buildings can't be plundered at all. Since SoKs only produce FPs when motivated, they can't be plundered for FPs, while, for instance, Masquerade Balls can be. Since the Cherry Garden can't be motivated, it's vulnerable. It's still a good building, though, even if it should be looted occasionally.

DeletedUser110195

Are you sure motivated buildings can't be plundered? Sure you might not get the motivated production but the building itself can be plundered, just for its base production. I have a hard time believing that people I've plundered had not one single house nor production building motivated.

DeletedUser110131

Yes, I'm sure:

"Motivation has a nice side effect – a motivated building can no longer be plundered." (https://en0.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/social_actions/support_actions/)

There are several potential explanations for your observation. If the buildings are on short production cycles, it's plausible that they haven't been motivated. In addition, there's no way of telling whether a building hasn't completed production or is motivated. Finally, players that have all their buildings uncollected aren't likely to be very active, and may not be in an active guild, and may have a short friends list.

DeletedUser110179

Yes, FPs can be plundered, but not from the Town Hall, and motivated buildings can't be plundered at all.
Wonderfull ... I don't bother to attack any neighbours eventhough I'm usually on top of the PvP Tower (from GE battles) ... but plundering a few fps may well renew my interest 中

DeletedUser110131

plundering a few fps may well renew my interest
They're rare, though, and usually found in special production buildings, where you risk ending up with gold or supplies. That's one of my favorite things about the Cherry Garden, though; you know in advance what you'll get. Otherwise, most simply go for a goods building.

I don't bother to attack any neighbours eventhough I'm usually on top of the PvP Tower
Many of my neighborhoods have had pretty tough competition for the PvP positions, so winning without both doing the full GE, and attacking neighbors, has been impossible, especially since I go for the win in multiple eras. When I'm in a more lax neighborhood, I feel... let's say "a pressure to help my neighbors stay alert", and so I still attack. Purely charitable motives; boredom or greed has absolutely nothing to do with it. Weirdly, I rarely get any thanks or reward. Well, other than what I help myself to, that is.

DeletedUser105544

Any plunder is nice plunder as long as you don't have to work fot it.

DeletedUser110179

They're rare, though, and usually found in special production buildings, where you risk ending up with gold or supplies. That's one of my favorite things about the Cherry Garden, though; you know in advance what you'll get. Otherwise, most simply go for a goods building.
I won the Fountain of Youth on the GE (similar to Wishing Well) but I only see fps every 10 days or so. I don't really need the other stuff ... but the Cherry Garden is certainly quite unique ... I'm in love ...
10CherryGardens_zpsuetgmlcr.jpg

Image from FoE on Facebook: Were you able to complete your set? (Just made it @ 550 fps/day)

... especially since I go for the win in multiple eras. When I'm in a more lax neighborhood, I feel... let's say "a pressure to help my neighbors stay alert", and so I still attack. Purely charitable motives; boredom or greed has absolutely nothing to do with it. Weirdly, I rarely get any thanks or reward. Well, other than what I help myself to, that is.
Lol ... you must be playing on a fun server. It's all quiet here in the High Middle Ages on Griefental.

Another reason I went off attacking the neighbours ... eventhough I won 1st place on 3 Towers (SA, BA and IA) ... was the medal remuneration. I have 17 AF friends and invest in Arcs and AOs so heavily ... that my next land expansion costs 12,000 medals but first place on my (HMA) Tower only gives 100 medals. Even winning on 3 towers wouldn't be much better. The troops love to battle in GE for the real loot.

My guys seem to be a total bunch of mercenaries ... no loyalty ■

DeletedUser110131

Your guys sound swell. I'm not sure my guys care about the loot at all, though they bring back plenty. Mostly I think they just want to kill everything that moves. Sending them into battle all the time is really mostly about keeping them away from the townsfolk...

You're right that the rewards from the towers needs to be raised, though.

Mandy540

Private
I am wondering if would be possible at some stage or another to buy parts of the cherry garden set that were missed in the event
Thank You