• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: New Bug - Event Quest Giver Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobbi

Private
Having saved multiple quests in 5 worlds to try to get todays daily special, I logged in at midnight to complete outstanding quests only to find that the quest generator is not working. Completed the currently displayed quest in each world but no new quests appeared. Have tried multiple browsers & mobile platforms all with the same negative result. To say that I am frustrated is a total understatement.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Since the last quest was issued a little over 24 hours ago - if you have been keeping up with the quests, you should have already received the final Quest Milestone award, 30 fragments of Panda Shrine - and when you do that, you get a message that all the quests have been completed.
So, if you had that message - why would you be expecting a new quest to emerge after the midnight reset?

Pyroxy

Private
Paladiac, one of the features of the current event is that you get event tickets from the daily quests. So, if you want to wait for a specific daily special prize (e.g. the Epic Wildlife 2023 selection kit), it makes a lot of sense to NOT complete your daily quests until the last day, then rush through them to get more minigames, i.e. more chances to win that specific daily special. This is why SOME of us had not already completed the event questline.

Just to confirm, I'm having the same issue (as Gobbi) with a blank questgiver on en9 and en11 (English international) worlds. Unable to complete last quest (q51). [On my D world, I already completed quest 51 so am not affected by the bug there.] Rebooting and using different browsers does not change anything. (I have tried installing and using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Brave, i.e. playing without addons does not make any difference either). I also tried simply doing the quest conditions (capturing 3 sectors), but did not get any progress - stuck at 50/51 on the event questline.

This issue is also affecting some of my guildmates. One tested on a tablet, it was broken there too, so appears to be affecting (some?) mobile users too, not just PC. Another guildmate is stuck at quest 49/51, also with a blank questgiver.

This appears to be another bug in today's update 1.257.

If anyone finds a successful workaround, I would love to read about it, thank you.

Last edited:

Pyroxy

Private
  • World: en9 and en11. Probably affects other worlds too, at minimum on the international english servers.
  • Browser and Version: latest versions of Chrome (v113.0.5672.127), Edge (v113.0.1774.50), Firefox (fresh install, already deleted), Brave (fresh install v1.51.118 latest version). A guildmate says it also affected him on his tablet, and OP above indicates that it affects mobile users too.
  • Overview of the bug: Wildlife event questgiver is blank if you have not completed questline. Unable to complete remaining quests of the event.
  • Screenshots:
    Wildlife2023_eventbug.jpg
  • How often this occurs: First occurred after reset/midnight (server time) on last day of the Wildlife 2023 event, i.e. late afternoon May 22 for me, early morning May 23 for most other users. If you have this issue with the event questgiver, it does not go away.
  • Urgency: Urgent, only 6 hours remaining of the event, unable to complete questline because of this bug. This affects progress towards grand prizes (missing event ticket and coins from incomplete quests), missing last milestone award, and missing the achievement for completion of event questline.
  • Preventative Actions: Unable to prevent this bug other than through time travel, i.e. completing event questline before start of May 23. (I already completed the last quest on my en4 world on a previous day, and questgiver appears normal there.)
  • Summary: Wildlife event questgiver is blank if you have not completed questline. Unable to complete remaining quests of the event.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, on searching the forums for this bug I found this current message thread. Otherwise I was planning to open a new bug report.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes except that I have NOT tried a different internet provider. However, since issue affects several different people in different time zones, I think that's already covered as "tested". Nothing so far has made any difference in the bug. Appears to be server-side, although may be due to a bad interaction with May 22 patch 1.257.
Also refer to previous post above for more information.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

The bug is global, they are working on a fix apparently. There are updates, such are they are, on the beta forum.

Pyroxy

Private
Can you link to the beta discussion thread please and thank you? I have a very hard time finding anything on the Forge forums. There doesn't seem to be any update on the Beta announcement page for the Wildlife 2023 event.

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Due to an error in the game, the event quests of the Wildlife event have become stuck. To fix the issue, we will extend the event by one day and address the problem with the quests. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank you for playing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.