• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

new army management

DeletedUser

new army management i think i am going into battle with 8 troops and find i only have 2 old system was easier

DeletedUser

The top left box with 8 slots are your currently selected army, make sure to click on 8 units from the unit pool at the bottom thy will move up to the selected army and those are what you will attack with. Also there a couple more threads on this in the forum different players' opinions etc :-) kim.

DeletedUser15432

Is there any way a forum moderator could actually combine all of the various threads on the forum regarding this issue into a single thread and then it would be easier to follow the various ideas put forward

DeletedUser

Sorry to say this, but the new army mgmt window is far from being intuitive. There's no gain compared to the previous one, on the contrary. Anyone care to explain what's good about the new one? Maybe I'm missing the wonderful features hidden in this gem.

DeletedUser

I think part of the reason is in preparation for guild wars. Although I do prefer the new style now I have got used to it, but we really do need the unattached units to stand out. Kim

DeletedUser13805

I think part of the reason is in preparation for guild wars. Although I do prefer the new style now I have got used to it, but we really do need the unattached units to stand out. Kim

thats the only thing wrong with it in my view it takes a week to find attached units from the hordes of unattached and i am very surprised the devs haven't put this issue right in one of the updates we have had. is there anyway a mod could get all the messages posted on this subject and mail them on to someone who can do somthing about it ?

DeletedUser11899

In all domains, servers and forums where I'm, inmediately after the new army management was implemented, people began to complain about all those bad new features already known: excesive waste of time on finding and selecting attached units, not very intuitive interface and much more.

So I really think that the devs team already knows the existence of the problems and the complains since the first day.
I don't expect they will make great changes on it, maybe only a little fix to the problem of unattached units but nothing else.

Its obvious they have other priorities in mind (GvG development & ME bugs fixing)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

In all domains, servers and forums where I'm, inmediately after the new army management was implemented, people begans to complain about all those bad new features already known: excesive waste of time on finding and selecting attached units, not very intuitive interface and much more.

So I really think that the devs team already knows the existence of the problems and the complains since the first day.
I don't expect they will make great changes on it, maybe only a little fix to the problem of unattached units but no more.

Its obvious they have other priorities in mind (GvG development & ME bugs fixing)

it was obvious that the game needed some fixing before adding even more problems to the game but it doesnt seem to work like that,
they are hell bent on pushing out new stuff and then trying to fix problems as the show up, it seems to me some of the problems they choose to ignore. like a simple attached / unattached toggle for selecting units although i can not belive they didnt have anyone to tell them this when they first brought it out ? do players test these things first ? as i am sure if there was someone testing it that was a pvp player it would of stood out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9546

There was already a way to differentiate between unattached and attached units; it said unattached. Nothing about that was changed and/or improved. However what you did succeed in doing is make it hard to tell how many troops you have. It is now doubly harder to tell what my alcatraz gave me that day and how many.

No beating around the bush, the interface was a stupid upgrade and there was no point in "upgrading" except just to do something different....fix whats broken and leave the rest..jeezz

DeletedUser16026

There is a point behind the upgrade, this new interface is designed so that it can be used for the purpose of Guild vs. Guild, for which the previous interface could not work. Adding it in advance allows the users to accommodate to the new interface before GvG is added.

I'm not denying that it needs improvements, at least for visible differentiating between attached and unattached units, but it definitely is not a pointless upgrade.

DeletedUser7719

I could actually see the previous screen be updated for GvG though. I wish there was a toggle between the two now :p