• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Ages to come

DeletedUser276

So what are you saying? Are we going to find ourselves to a dead end?

I mean how short the ages are, even the LMA which is the hardest age took me less than a month to finish. Previous ages are easier and faster and Collonial is easier and faster as well.

once guild wars are introduced that will be a massive feature with repeatable stuff as its guild vs guild stuff. As the year progresses that will be expanded on bigtime. I dont think you have anything to worry about in regards to hitting a dead end.

DeletedUser

I wonder if the designers are going to make Industrial Age look Steampunk? Also, anyone have an idea of the when the next Age will debut? I'm pretty much done with CA and the known world map and just stockpiling goods and tidying up my city in preparation for the next Age.

DeletedUser276

lol I have mentioned it elsewhere in the forums..... sshhhhh

DeletedUser

No. We get addicted to goals - goals that are created for us by parents, by teachers, by bosses. No, we need a world that we can help to create by our intentions and reactions. Maybe the unknown is a blessing. Maybe we do not always need to be told which way to go.

Maybe we just need to go "there", together...

Uh, looking forward to seeing what is in store for us! =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser180

The game wont follow those lines. We planned from the start to have x amount of ages in the game. Adding all those would push it too far. As of right now I would only expect 3 more ages tops. This might change way down the line but its whats reasonably expected too. We wont of course have a world war 1 or 2 age. or any other war age. Wars dont mark ages and its counterproductive to think so. Technology and culture mark ages. Culture being the big measuring post.
We? Really? interesting choice of words there Blacksmith......

besides the point, I was always told that Innogames does not like the discussion of what is coming up before it is leaked out. IE: We were never allowed to ask when new worlds are going to be opened.

DeletedUser

We? Really? interesting choice of words there Blacksmith......

Blacksmith has always made a point of the fact that (different from e.g. altruists) he is a company employee and part of the team. So yes, "we" is a perfectly valid expression for him to use.

As to anything being "leaked" - I already mentioned in another thread that not even I am sure when (or even if) to end age progression, so nothing can be spoiled there.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser5136

industrial age is gunna be the easiest to create in regards to what the buildings are gunna look like

DeletedUser276

Not really. Each age will have its own graphics and as we get to current age its kinda hard to name houses. Like what do we call houses nowadays? plus regular houses only house like 5 people... will we name them apartments? Each one has its own conflicts and problems. I am sure each age will be great though. I have seen some images from the next age and they look pretty sweet.

DeletedUser5136

i agree naming and looks of buildings will be hard for modern but industrial will be easier. and i reckon the buildings are gunna be done with a Georgian or victorian type theme with grey/brown bricked buildings

DeletedUser6965

I wonder how the devs will manage the GBs with new ages. I think with the GBs nearly every player will have attack boost and/or coins+supplies boost, till new ages come.

So if the Industrial age will be like every age before, it will take, because of the GBs, only half (or less) of the time u would need to complete it without GB.
But if the devs make the Indust. Age harder, some without GB will not have a chance.

So what to do?? I think the best way is, to make it hard, because as every Mod here says, the game is in beta, so everybody who will reach the Industrial Age in the final version, had time enough to build lots of GBs.

I think this is a really big problem and I hope the devs noticed that ^^

DeletedUser3157

If you mean map fights then they could just make all PvE units to have equal amount of military bonuses to the player. Or make military GBs immune to PvE fights and just a PvP thing, same effect. Don't think too many players who obtained military GBs did so with map fights in mind anyway, but I quess could be still few.

DeletedUser6965

If you mean map fights then they could just make all PvE units to have equal amount of military bonuses to the player. Or make military GBs immune to PvE fights and just a PvP thing, same effect. Don't think too many players who obtained military GBs did so with map fights in mind anyway, but I quess could be still few.

not only the fights, also the FP, Coins and supplies the new buildings/researches cost.
As I said, it's not only for "us" who are in colonial Age already, it's for the ones who are in the first ages. Until they reach industrial age, they will have 3 to 12 GBs. And with a St. Mark all coin costs are peanuts, the same with every other boost of GBs.

DeletedUser556

I wonder how the devs will manage the GBs with new ages. I think with the GBs nearly every player will have attack boost and/or coins+supplies boost, till new ages come.

So if the Industrial age will be like every age before, it will take, because of the GBs, only half (or less) of the time u would need to complete it without GB.
But if the devs make the Indust. Age harder, some without GB will not have a chance.

So what to do?? I think the best way is, to make it hard, because as every Mod here says, the game is in beta, so everybody who will reach the Industrial Age in the final version, had time enough to build lots of GBs.

I think this is a really big problem and I hope the devs noticed that ^^

Great post and idea.
I don't know if anyone has taken this into consideration.
Resource collection and fighting has greatly enhanced by GBs. Some have half of the GB, if not more.

So I must agree that a hard Industrial Age is good thing.
There is a cost (coins/supplies/FP) progression from one age to another. So I say multiply it with 50%.
For example a tech in LMA cost 50FP, in CA cost 70FP, in Industrial age make it over 100 or something.

The side effect would affect mostly low player (who have not reached CA yet).
They could be discouraged by this great amount of resource cost. But I don't know to what extent.

This issue has to be carefully thought of.

DeletedUser

Throughout my progress in the game, resources never were more than a bump on the road for me. The pace of the game was largely set by the FP.

Many times i had to stop and think which to research first, The new supply building or the new culture building? Hmmm.. let's get the new culture building first so i can start to replace some schools with a church and free some space for......etc.
It was always about unlocking the new structure or units. In short, The research.
And with a maximum of 24 forge points a day (often less) an average player with an average activity will go through each age with the pace of FP earnings. Not resources, not supplies, not goods.

CA players have forgotten the value of FP, since they have been throwing them around for BP and leveling GB.

It is not true that someone who starts from scratch will reach InA with 3-4 GB. Someone who starts from scratch will mainly spend the FP in research. New age means more research.

Another way to look at is: A minority of players have those buildings at above level 8. Many others are taking ages to get from level 1 to lvl 2.
A lvl 2 F. of Dresden is equal to a circus when it comes to bonus provided. Not enough to justify increased difficulty of the next age.

Another, other way to look at it is.
Why the InA should be harder/easier? I mean, yes you are in CA now with GB and waiting for the new age, but someone else is in HMA with 4-5 GB. Why shouldn't LMA (the next age of the other guy) be harder according to the same logic?

Of course, the GB will have an impact and being Beta the developers will need the game to be played for a couple months at least to see how the GB are affecting. But it's not just a specific age that needs to be adjusted (if any). If GB create some sort of imbalance it applies to more ages than your next age

DeletedUser6965

It is not true that someone who starts from scratch will reach InA with 3-4 GB. Someone who starts from scratch will mainly spend the FP in research. New age means more research.

Hmm.. I I don't know exactly what would be the best...

But my way of thinking was:

On the day the GB were implemented, I researched the first research of CA. So I was not finished with everything.
Then I stopped my resaerches and spend all my FP in GBs. After 4weeks I was able to build St. Marks and Deal Castle. But let's just talk about St. Marks. St. Marks gives me a great bonus of coins. So I have millions of coins, althoug I have not finished everything. I think I will never have a lack of coins with St. Marks.
Now I thougt of players, who will build the St. Marks in HMA, with some weeks of don't spending FP in researches it's easy possible. They will have this great amount of coins (in relation to building costs and so on) three ages earlier. So it will be veryy very easy for them, to have enough coins for everything in HMA, LMA and CA. They will never have to worry about a lack of coins.
Although I always build 1h houses and collected coins like 10times a day (before the GBs came), I was not able to buid e.g. in LMA 8 academies on one day. I was only able to build 2 or 3. Then save some coins/supplies for some days and build the next academy and so on.
With the GB I think, this aspect of the saving ressources will get lost.

Another, other way to look at it is.
Why the InA should be harder/easier? I mean, yes you are in CA now with GB and waiting for the new age, but someone else is in HMA with 4-5 GB. Why shouldn't LMA (the next age of the other guy) be harder according to the same logic?
Because u can't change the costs of LMA, it's too late. InA is not out yet, so u can change the costs ;)

It's wise to increase the FP costs, to shorten the time in which every player asks "when we will have the next age???"
And it would be wise to increase the coins/supplies-costs, because of the affect of St. Marks and Lighthouse (of course not to much).
And it would be wise to make sth. with the armies on the worldmap... I don't know what... a bonus on all would be not a good solution... I don't know, but with 150% or even 50% attackbonus it would be to easy to conquer worldmap, if they had no bonus.

I'm sure there are arguments for and against my thoughts... but I hope the devs saw these things and managed a good solution.

DeletedUser

I'm not too taken by the industrial age, I prefer the classical history side of things but I know we must progress! That being said, it does seem the logical step forward in terms of historical time frame.

But what I would like to see, which has been mentioned previously, is add-ons such as seafaring. Once finished with CA you get an extension on the water and can build things like naval units, fisheries for supplies, whales for whaling etc. I don't have much experience with a range of online games but seafaring is one of the most important aspects in history, and one of the oldest, yet it is always missed out.

That would open up the possibilities for the next 'ages' to be exploration, where you can then start including more than European still building, units, goods, and technologies, such as Japanese, Chinese, South American etc.

It would no longer be going forward in time, outwards instead.

Then bring it all back for the industrial age and finish with WWII.

DeletedUser276

Seafaring is actually scheduled to be coming out. There was a notice on it in the games blog.

DeletedUser

Cheers Blacksmith, that will be interesting. I'm pretty new to the forum and didn't realise the game had a blog, plus, I'm not really up to speed on the internet, I still have never even read a blog.

DeletedUser276

http://en.forgeofempires.com/

if you look at the tabs on our main game page login you will see a tab that says Blog on it. :) Cheers. There is a german one out there too that generally has more info.... if you speak German.

DeletedUser4642

One thing i would really like to see included is maybe the ability to train units and make them stronger, that way battles will be done more on skill, furthermore the battle scenes could be bigger, more units and different types (boats, and in the later ages aircraft could be included)
the game is brilliant but this would really improve it