• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighbourhood numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have spoken to a few of my guild members and have found that some members have 35 neighbours while others have 70+ neighbours (my neighbourhood has 44 with a bunch of inactive players) now in my opinion this is creating an unfair advantage for some players!

Any of the developers care to answer and give us an explanation as to why this is happening?

DeletedUser1094

Well, I'm no Developer... but I believe, I can answer that...

1) When players go inactive for more than three days, their cities get hidden from the neighbourhood. That's why neighbourhoods, initially, are of different sizes.

2) When neighbourhoods gets too small, the system will try to merge them together. Finding two matching 'hoods, which combined population won't exceed the 'hood limit of 80 players, is a very difficult task. When a merge takes place, you can have a 70+ neighbourhood... but if a merge wasn't available, you'll have a 'hood of 30-50 players.

Unfair? Maybe... I call it bad luck! But eventually, the small neighbourhood will find it's match and be merged into a large 'hood.

DeletedUser7798

3 days of inactivity, but still keep the neighbourhood slot like,, forever? Or something like that. I understand it is difficult to merge without angering players. Honestly though, I'm coming to the conclusion merge's should be focused on age not points. End of colonial being a separate neighbourhood allowing people to catch up without being plundered and discouraged by players 10 times stronger. No unbalanced trading could happen. End game players would actually have to produce and trade lower end goods instead of just buying them cheap of new players. etc. I feel sorry for those starting out now, getting plundered by whole neighbourhood and having barely anyone to trade their goods with. Bronze goods trading have hit bottom in my hood.

Unfair? The attempt of balancing competition is completely failed already anyway. There are no balanced competition with diamonds and GB's, unless diamond buyers are separated from normal players. Which they should be as severely unbalanced as it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I might be wrong here, but this is how it I think it works: Inactive players do not get counted in when the naberhood merge happens. Like naberhood of 39 active and 5 invisible inactives and another naberhood of 40 active and 10 invisible inactive players, these 2 can merge. And if any of the inactive players return, they will be part of the new merged naberhood. I'm simply assuming this on my own expirence when I reciently had a naberhood merge and was up to 80 players, yet few days later than number was 82 with some older familiar names back there again. And seceondly due to a claim I remember hearing that it is impossible to get "rid" of a naber simply by going inactive and being "left out" of the merge. There was a thread about a player asking of this(he had trouble with naberhood bully) and I remember hearing answer that it is impossible and you always come back to same naberhood when becoming active again.

If I were to be wrong, I would assume only if the naberhood size limit for merge can be larger than 80 what is also plauseble, I do not have much details on the actual merging formula or if there could be even some human factor involved there considering how time-consuming this process seems to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Yes, that sounds about right, hint.

There's a points factor to which neighbourhoods can be merged, but i can't remember the numbers. It's something like the average points of one neighbourhood can't be more than x% different than the other.

Anyway, there's already a 5 page discussion on neighbourhood merges here- http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4827-We-need-better-neighbourhood-merge

I see no reason to start a new one and go over the same old points, for this reason, I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.