• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Negotiations

DeletedUser116765

Since diamonds are few and far between, why do they make the negotiations so costly. Just a suggestion why not make the costs coins, tools or FP?

DeletedUser116765

No not out of goods, but during negotiations in quests, more often than not especially when the items in the negotiations are gold etc. The cost of diamonds are extremely high. See the example below. This is only this 1st level of a complex negotiation, so if you get anything wrong you are going to have to spend even more diamonds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190220-230527.jpg
    Screenshot_20190220-230527.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 878

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
If you see the color shading of brick and granite is different from that of others, check your inventory and you will see you don't have enough goods, since you don't have goods game is asking if you want to use diamonds instead.

I'd cancel the window, go back and see how much copper, honey, gold, granite and bricks you have in inventory.

DeletedUser113901

No not out of goods, but during negotiations in quests, more often than not especially when the items in the negotiations are gold etc. The cost of diamonds are extremely high. See the example below. This is only this 1st level of a complex negotiation, so if you get anything wrong you are going to have to spend even more diamonds.
You ARE out of goods. It costs 5 diams per unrefined goods and 10 per refined goods if you're out of them.
It costs 10 diams per turn starting from turn 4 on most DC negotiations and per default in GE, starting from turn 5 on the hardest DC negotiations and in GE when you activate the boost.

DeletedUser116765

You ARE out of goods. It costs 5 diams per unrefined goods and 10 per refined goods if you're out of them.
It costs 10 diams per turn starting from turn 4 on most DC negotiations and per default in GE, starting from turn 5 on the hardest DC negotiations and in GE when you activate the boost.

DeletedUser116765

Thanks that is very helpful, obviously didn't quite understand it fully. Am new to the whole negotiating thing.

Agent327

Overlord

So you are out of goods!

How about understanding the game before you come with solutions?

This is your 3rd and so far you really do not look that good in getting what the game is about.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
So you are out of goods!

How about understanding the game before you come with solutions?

This is your 3rd and so far you really do not look that good in getting what the game is about.

Take it easy, there are folks who play for years and maybe for days. We who know the game should try and help in + way

DeletedUser116765

Thank you for your comment. I am new to the game and your information was helpful. My other point I was trying to make was that invariably people may not always have such items and in order to complete the quest / negotiations you are going to have to spend loads of diamonds which seems a bit unfair. Obviously if you are a long time FOE player like yourself you have probably managed to accumulate sufficient goods.

DeletedUser116765

Thank you, we are not all seasoned players like some people. And I thought this forum was for help and suggestions, but I guess I made another mistake

Agent327

Overlord
Thank you for your comment. I am new to the game and your information was helpful. My other point I was trying to make was that invariably people may not always have such items and in order to complete the quest / negotiations you are going to have to spend loads of diamonds which seems a bit unfair. Obviously if you are a long time FOE player like yourself you have probably managed to accumulate sufficient goods.

Yes and you are supposed to do the same!!

Nobody is forcing you to negotiate when you can't!

You are new, don't know the game yet, but already you come up with 3 suggestions on how to make the game better. How about you get to know it first?

Vesiger

Monarch
It's useful to make a quick check of how many goods you've got left before doing the first level of the negotiation (you will find out what they are when you open the negotiation window , but at that point you haven't actually spent anything). A moment of mental arithmetic can save you the frustration of realizing on the last round that you can't complete the negotiation - at which point you can either go off and put up some hopeful trades in the market, or decide not to bother.