• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Negotiations idea

DeletedUser6147

(older post on the bottom)

Proposal:
Make it so that when you attack a sector and you have already attacked and gained the other sectors the AI will lower theyr demands.
Take "Dunarsund" for example, the first region all of us got. Let's say I have attacked and showed the owner of the land that I can take them by force, he would lower his demands for negotiating for the others. Since you have shown you can take it by force. This way he could run away with something. (using this metaphor as real life situation)

Reason:
Because if you have, lets say a company, and you are facing a hostile take-over, with a chance of walking away with nothing, you rather retreat and take and offer wich gives you something to show for your share in that company. Instead of loosing it altogeter (extreme case).

Details:
Depends on how many sectors there are in a region, lets take "Dunarsund" again as example.
Let's say these are the terms:
Sector 1: 10 stone, 10 dye and 10 lumber
Sector 2: 10 stone, 10 dye and 10 lumber
Sector 3: 10 stone, 10 dye and 10 lumber

(n.b. the lowered demands could never go lower then like 30-50%, let's say 50% in this example, there are 3 sectors so it's 25% and 25% for each one you could take over)

So I have attacked and gained control over sector one. The former owner now sees that I am a mighty warrior and lower his demands for those 2 remaining sectors by 25%.)

So it would be now like this:
Sector 2: 8 stone, 8 dye and 8 lumber (should be 7,5, but we can't have odd numbers)
Sector 3: 8 stone, 8 dye and 8 lumber (should be 7,5, but we can't have odd numbers)

Now we attack and brutally take over sector 2. The owner is getting scared and don't want to loose his last sector without nothing to show for it so he lowers his demands again by 25% (from the original 10) and is now like this:

Sector 3: 5 stone, 5 dye and 5 lumber (Because the first attack ofc gave us odd number this would now even out and we have -50% demands.

(that 50% number is just to show the calculations here)
(If the sectors were 5 in total I would have done 50% divided by 4 and got 12,5% by each sector)

Visual Aids:
huh? :)

Balance:
People might use the "negotiation" button more, therefor have to trade more and take longer to reach next age.

Abuse Prevention:
No it doesn't. Just gives the game more realistic feeling.

Summary:
It's all been said up there. This would give the game more realistic feeling.

[Old post, just kept here for no reason]
When you start the negotiations with the man or women who own the lands you want on the world map, they want a certain amount of goods from you.

Would it not be logical to like, lower its demands for like 5-10% when you have attacked and taken the first part of that region?

Doesn't it make sense that when you have shown your power to them that they lower their expectation of what they will get, because otherwise you will just show your strength and take it with them having nothing to show for it.

Anyone agrees ?
[/Old post, just kept here for no reason]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi RagnarH.

It's difficult and not sure if possible to attribute a human behavior to a computer program. The Japanese have been trying it for decades and yet haven't achieved much in that direction.
I am not sure that making(again, if possile) some online pixels show fear, disappointment or independent thinking is something that falls within the resources and purpose of the game.

P.S. In future, please use a format to express your ideas, of if it's a topic you want to discuss post it in the Discussion forum.

:)

DeletedUser7719

Comon Ragnar template plz. And remember, to balance the game the offers should raise be about 20-10% at the start of a new province to even out the amount of goods you would be paying. If you do edit your post to the right template, I will remain undecided since you know how I'm a PvP guy ;)

DeletedUser

Hello RagnarH

I actually find this a quite interesting idea.. It's no fun getting down to the last bit of a province and realizing you can't beat it.. But you already beat all the others, and it feels like a waste to hand out all those goods after putting in the effort and resources battling through the rest. :) You'd have my support for this.

Also, as byeordie mentioned, ideas have to follow the template to be taken into consideration.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser1094

When a Province-ruler can see, that an opponent can't beat the last sectors, he/she will surely "Raise" the amount for a negotiable take-over... NOT lower it.
Be happy, that the prize remains the same...:p

Ohh... wait... darn, I forgot... I can't see ideas not put into a Template. *You didn't see me comment this... ;)*

DeletedUser

This is kind of how I see it. Say, without taking over any sectors, the province ruler would want 15 stone, 10 wine, 10 lumber, and 8 marble. This is, of course, completely hypothetical (I currently don't have any provinces without at least one sector taken over, so I can't quite find a real example.) Well, you do a hostile take-over of one sector. Now, the province ruler's price for getting all of the sectors has lowered to 15 stone, 5 wine, 10 lumber, and 5 marble. Sure, when you divide it into smaller bits, it seems like there should be more change, but I think that viewing it in its entirety shows that you are actually paying less in supplies after hostile take-overs. That's just my outlook, though (and, personally, makes me feel better about it.)

DeletedUser6147

sorry about the format thingy. Will fix this as soon as I wake up tomorrow. :)

(pretty new and must have over-seen the format post, im sorry)

DeletedUser6147

When a Province-ruler can see, that an opponent can't beat the last sectors, he/she will surely "Raise" the amount for a negotiable take-over... NOT lower it.
Be happy, that the prize remains the same...:p

Ohh... wait... darn, I forgot... I can't see ideas not put into a Template. *You didn't see me comment this... ;)*

He would never see that, he would only see that he has already lost 2 of his sectors and therefor lower his demands to go out with something, just anything :)