• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Need advice for OF gbg pls

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
hello, i entered OF yesterday and now having many questions on battle.
question 1:
can anyone please explain how octopod's frenzy works? its so hard to understand...it says
" Deals 50% damage to the enemy units within 1 tile range of unit on top of damaging targeted unit. "
but i couldnt have any shot to get that advantage : (

question 2: whats the best combination to use on gbg? does 1 hover and 7 rogue works well or subs and turtle work better?
im looking for the combination that makes GBG that fastest to fight

i've heard many times OF is the most horrible era for fighting but i have to be in for 3 months due to damn special goods.. so i need to find a better way for fighting

thank you in advance

r21r

Major-General
move to VF :D

as for the topic, post please your current boosts, thats the most important factor as to what to use on fighting - ao lvl too

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
move to VF :D
I need exactly 5967 promethium and 8590 orcalcum to leave OF, which would take a century : (
cant power-age OF and AF due to special goods sadly. wish i could leave, all in resource is enough except special good

well, this is the attack boost currently. im atm 103M in rankpoint, and have CDM in lv 81, but zeus and coa at lv 11, TA at 15(i dont bother to level it lol but it'd add another 100% A/D if so)
AD.PNG

punita

Corporal
I need exactly 5967 promethium and 8590 orcalcum to leave OF, which would take a century : (
cant power-age OF and AF due to special goods sadly. wish i could leave, all in resource is enough except special good

well, this is the attack boost currently. im atm 103M in rankpoint, and have CDM in lv 81, but zeus and coa at lv 11, TA at 15(i dont bother to level it lol but it'd add another 100% A/D if so)
View attachment 23804
off topic but how do get 3M points in a week i guees as you posted 100M a week ago and ist your att/def too less, me being in hma my att/def is 164/215.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
another question
does Nautilus, Octopod, Scimitar, Gliders, medusa in GBG unit reward get excluded? im only getting the 5 early OF units...eel, sub, crab and turtle and manta

r21r

Major-General
im atm 103M in rankpoint
nobody cares - irrelevant
i don't think you can do wonders with such stats in OF, what is your Orangery level ?

Turtles Sub Cruisers TE Drones and Hovers depending to the enemy army.

wait for someone who has been there, because i haven't, all i know is that you need more attack/defence to be "ok" in OF.
more meaning 1000% attack, but don't take it for granted, it's what i've heard/seen from other players..

nobody cares - irrelevant

i don't think you can do wonders with such stats in OF, what is your Orangery level ?

Turtles Sub Cruisers TE Drones and Hovers depending to the enemy army.

wait for someone who has been there, because i haven't, all i know is that you need more attack/defence to be "ok" in OF.
more meaning 1000% attack, but don't take it for granted, it's what i've heard/seen from other players..
1000% attack not needed in OF - or in any higher era for that matter. I slide easily through GE on auto in SAV, for instance, with far less than 1000% attack.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
More attack probably won't help. You might benefit from more def, but that needs to be either calculated or tested.
You can try 8 eels attack. And good old 2 subs 6 rogues.
Turtles are fun and games until you open a fight and let AI show you how to royally screw them :)
Also anything with gliders and you have 8 turtles less than you had before starting this fight.
Hovers are unreliable - as soon as they get out of plains and there are turtles on the other side of the field - it hurts. But might work too.

Changing full army for GBG each time you meet gliders can seriously damage your mental stability, that's why very few people like OF.
Can alternate 4 turtles 4 rogues / 2 subs 6 rogues, but even that takes time to change.
2 subs 2 turtles 4 rogues should have theoretically worked, but I wouldn't say it's any better than eels or subs/rogues, maybe your mileage will vary - I had higher stats in OF.
Other units are trash except at high attrition you can use gliders against armies with 4 turtles.

r21r

Major-General
Hovers are unreliable
sometimes, when using 2/6 mix with rogues, might not work well because mortar hits even the hidden ones?
not sure how relevant it is (why not?) x8 hovers did better on AA map than 2/6 when against OF troops..

PS AA map has 0~75% boosts for the defence armies, GBG goes way higher

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
sometimes, when using 2/6 mix with rogues, might not work well because mortar hits even the hidden ones?
not sure how relevant it is (why not?) x8 hovers did better on AA map than 2/6 when against OF troops..

PS AA map has 0~75% boosts for the defence armies, GBG goes way higher
Yes, that's probably the reason. At low attrition crabs and scimitars are mostly irrelevant, while turtles will do 1 damage to everything anyway. At higher attrition though I'd prefer 2/6.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
btw, whats the best unit to fight scimitars? i find them the hardest to fight when im using hovers. especially with dragon breath, later they become painful like space marine :\

r21r

Major-General
More attack probably won't help.
1627822467370.png
1627822530147.png

1627822578594.png
vs
1627822639786.png

Not sure what movement priorities have TE Drones compared to CE Helicopters, but with a quick comparison to my current stats and results, maybe the 1000% attack could do the click if single shot is possible.

maybe 3 turtles with 5 drones (ofc with a high AO) might do the job.

just for the conversation, when i go to OF, ill test all possible combo's