• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Need a guide for Goods buildings in each age

DeletedUser18006

I have searched to try and find a chart to see which goods building produces how many in 4 hours/8 hours/1 day/2 day. I have to build the goods building to see if it produces 5 in 4 hours or 1 in 4 hours. This is a waste of coins and supplies if I see it is 1 in 4 then sell the goods building and build a different one in hopes it gives you 5 in 4 hours. I would like to know as I do a lot of trading and the 5 in 4 hours one are best for that.

DeletedUser6461

Hi Breedsblood,
Welcome to the Forum,
It's very simple. If you have explored a goods deposit which boost the production of a particular goods (2 goods deposits per Age), you will receive 5 goods in 4 hours otherwise, you will receive 1 in 4 hours.

e.g.: Please see this map
Clip_5.jpg
As you can see here, I have explored the provinces with goods deposits of Marble & Dye (Bronze Age). So, I will produce 5 marble and 5 dye in 4 hours. But at the same time, I will only produce 1 stone, 1 wine & 1 lumber in 4 hours since i don't have the boosters for those goods.

Also, you can see more illustrative examples here: Goods buildings explained.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

Breedsblood's question may explain some of the things that have been puzzling me.

When i go to plunder some of my neighbours, i find they have a great many goods buildings for which they apparently have no boost source - in that i plunder 1,2,4 or even 6 goods (rather than the expected 5,10 or 20).
one neighbour has 3 ropeworks, each producing a single rope, another has works but with no alabaster,honey, iron, jewellery or ebony boost, and yet another produces herbs, brick, glass and salt all without boost (and has no rope works) - how is it that he doesn't even have one with a boosted source? I can only assume that perhaps they haven't discovered the map at all.
Of course - it may be a deliberate policy to discourage plunderers like myself - but it seems an expensive way to operate.

Is this a common experience in other neighbourhoods?

DeletedUser6461

Hi Jampots,
Every neighborhood has some players like that (producing goods without any booster). I have noticed that mainly there are three reasons for this:
First, most them are not active enough to be in a good guild (Guilds may have some rules like polish/mot regularly, trading rules, minimum battling requirement etc... to follow) and for that very reason they are not getting enough exchange of goods from their market (through trades) to progress in the tech tree. So, these people are decided to produce the required goods by this hardest way.
second, ignorance which is not always a bliss though...
third, not able to explored the required goods-deposit provinces of the continent map.

DeletedUser9168

"Every neighborhood has some players like that (producing goods without any booster)." KJ2000

It just struck me as a very high percentage who operate like this - 17 players out of 30 that i have ever tried to 'visit'

I know there are also quests asking you to build one of every goods building in that age - but surely two of them would then have boosts (i ignore those quests myself - i couldn't afford either the space or the resources to complete them)

btw, it was good to see such a helpful reply given to Breedsblood's question. When i first started playing FOE and had a question, the answer to which I couldn't find using the search on the forum) it was always shot down with - why don't you look properly and stop asking basic questions - type of reply. So i stopped accessing the forum for several months, and quizzed my neighbours for help in the game instead. So +1 to KJ2000 there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6461

Thank you Jampots for your kind and encouraging comment :)

I am sure this kind of responses will inspire many senior members to answer and help the new members irrespective of the merit of the questions.

I think I am privileged if I can be a help of any new members in whatever ways it serves them best.

DeletedUser

It has long seemed to me that some people get the quest to build all production buildings from a certain age and then never tear them down. Instead they keep using them without doing the math.

If you use the production buildings for non-boosted goods it costs you the same as boosted. So you are producing 1 at the cost of 5 or 2 at the cost of 10.

After the quest is complete and you have your rewards, tear down the non boosted production buildings, build 2 or more of the boosted ones and trade for what you need. At least such is my strategy.