• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Multiple trade offers in one Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogyk

Private
Proposal:
Create ability to put multiple offers on the market in one click.

Reason:
Its a pain at the moment to put many trades on market. You have to make a hundred clicks. And at some point it gets too much and you stop putting trades.

Details:
- In the Market window make "Create Offer" button a bit smaller
- Add TextBox where you can write number or DropDownBox with pre-defined numbers (lets say from 1 - 20)
- When you select goods to trade and click "Create Offer" it creates multiple the same offers. How many offers to create offcourse is taken from TextBox or DropDownList.

- Validation check: Instead of checking if there are enough goods for 1 trade as you do now, you should include the number of trades to be made.
- Code change: Whichever you prefer.
for(int i = 0: i < number: i++)
{
//whatever your old code was. Just do it multiple times.
}

OR

Adjust your Database insert statements to take in multiple rows for insert.

Visual Aids:
None
Balance:
Not Related
Abuse Prevention:

Summary:
I would assume people will put more offers on the market.

For me the issue is that trades expire after a time, personally i would like them to remove this, let the trades remain on the market until taken or removed by yourself.

I'm not sure why people put tons of small trades, ( although i am sure they have their reasons ) unless it's a guild mate who takes them, it gets awfully expensive to take a lot of small trades.

Attachments

• Bored thoughts.jpg
    Bored thoughts.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 102

Knight of ICE

This has been proposed before. Reason that it hardly gets any support is that people just hate it when one person floods the market with numerous offers. If you want to flood it, you need to work for it.

ogyk

Private
This has been proposed before. Reason that it hardly gets any support is that people just hate it when one person floods the market with numerous offers. If you want to flood it, you need to work for it.
Aha.... As I understand its against the person who would put 1000 trades by selling, lets say 1 good for 1 good. That way market would be over flown with crapy useless trades.

Give me couple of days, maybe I will figure something out. Let you know here.

Thanks for quick response
Ogyk

ogyk

Private
Ok. a quick idea about the market flooding.
Lets say your Create offer window would look like this:

Offer goods - TextBox for amount of goods - ( Lets call it TxtOffer )
Needs goods - TexBox for amount of goods - ( Lets call it TxtNeed )
Quantity - DropDownList for amount of trades - ( Lets call it DdlQuantity )

The values in the DdlQuantity would depend on the number in TxtOffer:
TxtOffer 1-25 => DdlQuantity has only value 1
TxtOffer 26 - 50 => DdlQuantity has 1, 5
TxtOffer 51 - 250 => DdlQuantity has 1, 5, 10
TxtOffer 250+ => DdlQuantity has 1, 5, 10, 20

Possible scenarios:
1. I'm bad person who wants to flood market with trades 1 good for 1 good or something else very small => I will have to work for it because DdlQuantity will have only value "1", which means I will have to do a loooooot of clicking
2. I need goods for building GB, which means I'm kind a small player yet, but have some resources which would put me in category 26-50. And since GBs need goods in couple hundreds I would need to do some clicking but not too much. I can put my offers in 50 (5 trades per click) = 250 goods per click.
3. Anything above 250 is most probably for GbG and GvG, which is fine to put lots of those trades, because they will be purchased also quickly, because everyone needs goods for GvG and GbG.

Shortly:
- TxtOffer whould dynamically determine what values DdlQuantity can have
- Ranges would make crapy traders work for the flooding
- You can determine best ranges by statistical analysis of your DB (my given ranges are just as an example)
- You could use the same ranges for filtering existing offers, instead of "filter only acceptable offers" whatever it means.

Have a good day
Ogyk

P.S. if there is some scenario I didn't think about, please let me know, especially if its abusive scenario. Thanks

Knight of ICE

The problem isn't the players that trade for a reason. The problem is the players that think of themselves as "traders". Those are the ones flooding the market with trades like 100:110

ogyk

Private
Would it be an option to change "filter only acceptable offers" (I would assume that this option is more or less for that reason ) into 3 checkboxes?:
1 : 2
1 : 1
2 : 1

What I generally mean is that you should not put restrictions on Creating the trades (the more the merrier :) ), but give a good possibility to filter out nonsensical trades (I do understand that filter also can not be supper complicated and big, space is also an issue).

In the Create offer you have 2 row interface for creating offer, but in the Trading is a single row.

What about double row in the Trading window like this:
Row 1 : DDL (offer) DDL (need) Checkbox (Guild) Checkbox (Neighborhood) SearchField (player)
Row 2 : Checkbox(range 1) Checkbox (range 2) Checkbox (range 3) Checkbox (range 4) Checkbox (1:2) Checkbox (1:1) Checkbox (2:1)

- This way you could filter out very small trades as well as nonsensical trades
- In case you need trades super urgently you simply uncheck all the checkboxes and accept crapy trades also.
- Range checkboxes can be made to act as RadioButton, thus only one is selected at a time. The same can be made for Ratio check boxes. This will simplify your SELECT statements against database.
- Aditionally there will be less data traveling from server to client because filter will filter out most of it.

Knight of ICE

What I generally mean is that you should not put restrictions on Creating the trades (the more the merrier :) )

I do not agree with you. Right now I am looking at a market of 70 pages and not even 10 players that have put up those trades. One player is even responsible for 38 pages. Last thing I want is even more trades posted. For me it is fine as it is and I do not feel Inno should put in any time just to accomodate a few. If you want to put up that many trades, work for it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
It would be much better, and make the Market easier to use, if players were limited in their trades - say only permitted to create 10 trades a day, with it reseting upon the server daily reset. Those players that feel they need to post dozens and hundreds of trades on the Market are nothing but a scourge on the system.

ogyk

Private
I do not agree with you. Right now I am looking at a market of 70 pages and not even 10 players that have put up those trades. One player is even responsible for 38 pages. Last thing I want is even more trades posted. For me it is fine as it is and I do not feel Inno should put in any time just to accomodate a few. If you want to put up that many trades, work for it.
I don't see how it benefits to force players to put less trades.... I still think that good filter (filter that would make your 70 pages into 5 ) is better then restrictions on amount of trades. I guess the only active trades will be within guilds. The only reasoning I can see is that Inno wants guilds to be kind of self sufficient instead of trading (there might be good reasons for that). Ok. Thanks for discusion.

Have a good day
Ogyk

Knight of ICE

I don't see how it benefits to force players to put less trades.... I still think that good filter (filter that would make your 70 pages into 5 ) is better then restrictions on amount of trades. I guess the only active trades will be within guilds. The only reasoning I can see is that Inno wants guilds to be kind of self sufficient instead of trading (there might be good reasons for that).

You are not proposing a filter. You are proposing to make it easier to flood the market.

ogyk

Private
You are not proposing a filter. You are proposing to make it easier to flood the market.
Emmm.... I'm not sure if you read my post completely then. This is the Filter I proposed:

What about double row in the Trading window like this:
Row 1 : DDL (offer) DDL (need) Checkbox (Guild) Checkbox (Neighborhood) SearchField (player)
Row 2 : Checkbox(range 1) Checkbox (range 2) Checkbox (range 3) Checkbox (range 4) Checkbox (1:2) Checkbox (1:1) Checkbox (2:1)

- This way you could filter out very small trades as well as nonsensical trades
- In case you need trades super urgently you simply uncheck all the checkboxes and accept crapy trades also.
- Range checkboxes can be made to act as RadioButton, thus only one is selected at a time. The same can be made for Ratio check boxes. This will simplify your SELECT statements against database.
- Aditionally there will be less data traveling from server to client because filter will filter out most of it.

ogyk

Private
So there was no answer for some time now, so I will just summarize a bit :)
1. I proposed "multiple trades in one click" because market really lacks good activity. I personally would buy goods in thousands, but simply there is nothing available at 1:1 or 2:1 ratio. So multiple trades in one click would simply make it easy to put more trades.

2. As you said, the problem is people who are putting trades like 100:110 (this is not ratio, but actual goods count). For that I proposed a filter. The filter I proposed would serve for several purposes:
a) Would give possibility to filter out very small trades like 3 goods for 6 goods.
b) Would give possibility to filter out crappy ratio trades like 100 goods for 110 goods.
c) Would reduce traffic between webpage and RESTfull services because you would not need to transfer all trade offers, but only small subset defined by filter.
d) because of the given ability to filter out crap, all these crappy trades would disappear with time, because whats the point of putting such trades if they simply can be filtered out.

3. If you don't understand technical aspects of RESTfull services (I assume they are not ussing SOAP services, but it would not matter anyway), show this message (and the previous one where the filter is defined) to someone at INNO who is responsible for back end RESTfull services, they will understand whats what.

4. If there are some more issues with game dynamics or technical issues at the back end, I all ears :)

Have a good day
Ogyk

Status
Not open for further replies.